Hello. Certain apps for some reason when I hold onto the icon, no trash can appears. I go to blackberry world and I cannot delete from there either. I am wondering if it is possible to delete these apps? Because I do not like keeping apps which I do not use.

Also was seeking tips on how I can help the battery life be longer.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-17 11:26 PM
    You can't delete system apps, or those deemed part of the base OS offering.

Just keep Android apps to less than 10. They burn through battery while you run them, and the Android Runtime does some weird churning while it polls the apps from time to time.
    12-05-17 11:37 PM
    Ah OK. Is there any way I can remove them from the main page?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-17 11:37 PM
    Ah OK. Is there any way I can remove them from the main page?

Posted via CB10
    Sure. Tuck them all into a folder and move the folder to another page.
    12-06-17 07:59 AM
    Haha. I like your resourcefulness. I never thought of that. But is that the only way?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 12:30 AM
    Haha. I like your resourcefulness. I never thought of that. But is that the only way?

Posted via CB10
    It is.
    12-07-17 07:07 AM
    Going into app permissions and making sure to click off "run when minimized" also helps a lot with battery drain.

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    12-07-17 09:20 AM
    Going into app permissions and making sure to click off "run when minimized" also helps a lot with battery drain.

Not really. How often do you want to keep an app minimized on your screen, but not want to have it running?
    12-07-17 09:24 AM
    Not really. How often do you want to keep an app minimized on your screen, but not want to have it running?
    That's definitely all it does with native apps but in my experience it does more with Android apps. Not only do they not run when minimized but they don't seem to run/refresh etc when closed either. I had a couple Android apps that were using a bunch of battery even if I never opened them--turned off the running when minimized option and their battery usage is next to nothing now. Maybe just a fluke and related to restarting the phone or something like that though, who knows....

12-07-17 03:20 PM
    That's definitely all it does with native apps but in my experience it does more with Android apps. Not only do they not run when minimized but they don't seem to run/refresh etc when closed either. I had a couple Android apps that were using a bunch of battery even if I never opened them--turned off the running when minimized option and their battery usage is next to nothing now. Maybe just a fluke and related to restarting the phone or something like that though, who knows....

They still "do this" regardless of the minimized permission (the exact reasoning is pretty divisive). The only known and easy way to stop any activity from Android apps on BB10 is to minimize them into an active frame and then close them through Device monitor.
    12-07-17 03:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    They can be removed using a computer. Do a search for sachesi. You will also need to look up the filenames of stuff you want gone. Don't remove anything else or the phone may stop working.
    12-16-17 06:33 AM