I guess this is a bit of a rhetorical question, but do you put up with light bleed? I have a little bit on the edges of a black screen in my Classic, but it doesn't affect function or clarity of the phone at all. Is it something worth fussing over? I'm leaning towards: no.

The light bleed is pretty much only visible when the OS is booting up, and that's about it.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 08:23 PM
    What about the light bleed surrounding the belt? Is this also common in all Classic?
    01-19-16 09:33 PM
    Can any of you Classic owners post a few pictures of your current devices so we can compare?

Personally it's not a big deal to me from the 2 or 3 Classic's I have seen and my Q10 doesn't appear to have anything of significance.

Looking at the transition from the Q10 in a few months since the replacement battery on my Q10 is looking to slow down plus I have an upgrade available.

Thanks to all who post pictures

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 09:52 PM
    Light bleed on Leap upon startup as well, but that's the only time I've ever noticed. Doesn't bother me any.

Posted by BB10 OS...The World's Best OS!
    01-19-16 09:54 PM
    I haven't had any light bleed in any phones that I've had. If anyone is experiencing light bleed, they should return their phone if covered under warranty. I would go for zero light bleed. No one should have to put up with that.

Posted via my Classic running on T-Mobile unlimited data SQC100-4/10.3.1.2267
    01-20-16 05:41 PM
    Bo my classic and returned leap have some light bleed, only noticeable when booting up. It is unfortunate but honestly it doesn't bother me, as it is only noticeable when rebooting.
    Last edited by Tessoro Desoto; 01-20-16 at 06:27 PM.
    01-20-16 06:11 PM
    I experienced lightbleed back when with my 9800, but had seen others with worse than mine. And we all learned to deal with the fact that in spite of the amazing functionality, Blackberries were not completely perfect.

My new classic also has it on the keyboard and between the tool belt and screen. It can be annoying; although the pictures only show light, in person looks like a child with missing teeth. If you pay close attention.

The display copy they had at the att store when I went get the new sim card was flawless, but I think I better put up with the one I got, rather than risk getting a worse one. In the end is not all that bad, is nothing we hadn't seen before from BlackBerry, and having an unique flaw adds to the experience; your Classic (I wish I could call it Bold) is unlike any other.

I'll live.

How much light bleed would you tolerate?-img_20160123_022219_edit.jpg
    How much light bleed would you tolerate?-img_20160123_021653.jpg
    How much light bleed would you tolerate?-img_20160123_021414.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails How much light bleed would you tolerate?-img_20160123_021635.jpg  
    01-23-16 04:51 AM
    I'd say just put up with it - even the Passport has some light bleed.

I do expect products priced very high to be perfect but it is what it is with BlackBerry.

There are worse things about the Classic to worry about though such as loose keys and toolbelt or the Sim tray being bent.

Everything about their products lately show nothing but shoddy quality control.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 08:50 AM
    I'd say just put up with it - even the Passport has some light bleed.

I do expect products priced very high to be perfect but it is what it is with BlackBerry.

There are worse things about the Classic to worry about though such as loose keys and toolbelt or the Sim tray being bent.

Everything about their products lately show nothing but shoddy quality control.

Posted via CB10
    Good points. The Classic that I have has only minor light bleed on the boot screen, otherwise I don't notice it. Furthermore, its keyboard probably clicks the best out of previous Classics that I had returned, and there are no loose keys or loose SIM tray. I should probably keep it then.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 01:34 PM
    The light bleed on my Classic isn't that much. I really didn't even notice the light bleed until I started reading about it on the forums. I can only tell when it's dark.

I do wish there were light bleed around the trackpad. That way I could imagine the trackpad lit up like the Bold. Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 08:08 PM
    The light bleed on my Classic isn't that much. I really didn't even notice the light bleed until I started reading about it on the forums. I can only tell when it's dark.

I do wish there were light bleed around the trackpad. That way I could imagine the trackpad lit up like the Bold. Lol

Posted via CB10
    LOL light bleed around the trackpad

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 09:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm on my week with the Classic and I just realized that the trackpad isn't lit up. Why wouldn't they light it up?

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.1.2267 T-Mobile Unlimited Data
    01-23-16 10:16 PM
    I'm on my week with the Classic and I just realized that the trackpad isn't lit up. Why wouldn't they light it up?

I think BlackBerry didn't want to spend more money on the Classic than they had to. It really doesn't matter if the trackpad lights up or not, but it would have been a nice touch and made the device feel a bit more premium.

I think BlackBerry came out with the Classic just to transition the hard core BBOS7 users to BBOS10. When the Classic came out, BlackBerry knew it was the only one they were going to make. They were already planing to move to making an Android phone.
    01-24-16 12:24 AM
    I think BlackBerry didn't want to spend more money on the Classic than they had to. It really doesn't matter if the trackpad lights up or not, but it would have been a nice touch and made the device feel a bit more premium.

I think BlackBerry came out with the Classic just to transition the hard core BBOS7 users to BBOS10. When the Classic came out, BlackBerry knew it was the only one they were going to make. They were already planing to move to making an Android phone.
    I agree with you as well. I sincerely hope that BB10 doesn't go away. It's been my go to OS since at least late 2013. I really hope the they keep it updated, even if it's with low powered phones like the Leap. As long as bb10 stays alive, I'll buy it. I guess that makes me a fanboi

jas1978 likes this.
    01-24-16 05:46 PM