"Classic" implies obsolescence. Trackpad is newer tech than touch. Navigating with 1/4" thumb movements on a trackpad instead of 4" on touch screen should never be obsolete, IMO.

One day, IMO, countless millions of misguided iKids will grow up and realize the "folly of fad" & start to seek more efficiency. BBRY stands a chance to position themselves to offer the maturing masses cutting edge technology that truly improves efficiency. That chance starts with the B20, Bold! Of course J Chen hasn't been calling for MY advice, so...
    ROFL

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-25-14 12:18 AM
    I am reading this as I am sipping my classic coke....haha Hoping they are on to something, but if not it's not the worst name they have used. They usually discard the name for the model number after release anyway. At least it might be the most accurate description yet.
    Lol
    After a while Coke Cola got rid of "Classic" on the labeling.

Take off "Classic" and you have Bold?

07-25-14 12:25 AM
    It's aimed at a particular demographic.....the people who haven't switched because they prefer a classic BlackBerry experience. So the name is perfect for who it's targeting.

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    07-25-14 12:25 AM
    You haven't even touched the device. Until then,it's best to hold your inane comments.

You can't judge a device you've never used, and don't know the specs of.

Posted via CB10
    As you know I have said many times I'm disappointed, will wait and see. Just because I like the ergonomic key board does not mean I can't voice my opinion. Opinion is based on experience, if you haven't experience it you can't form an "opinion".

So what's with the harsh comment?

Besides look at the post you are commenting on. Is my statement not true?

07-25-14 12:35 AM
    As you know I have said many times I'm disappointed, will wait and see. Just because I like the ergonomic key board does not mean I can't voice my opinion. Opinion is based on experience, if you haven't experience it you can't form an "opinion".

So what's with the harsh comment?

Besides look at the post you are commenting on. Is my statement not true?

You haven't used the BlackBerry Classic, therefore you cannot have formed a viable opinion. You're basing experience off of already available devices - not the device in question.

My reply was not harsh - I'm simply implying that it is absolutely silly to ridicule a device you know little to nothing about.

To state that the BlackBerry Classic is simply a Q10 with a track pad is pretty ignorant to the facts and aesthetics.

All of that renders any propositioned "opinion" you may have about the device invalid as its from biased projections of misunderstanding from someone who's never used it. Just like the countless articles already laying slander toward the BlackBerry Passport by people who have never used the device - get how ridiculous that is?

I'll leave it at that - I don't care for monotonous conversing.

Don't take it the wrong way, it's nothing personal.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 07-25-14 at 01:02 AM.
    07-25-14 12:45 AM
    You haven't used the BlackBerry Classic, therefore you cannot have formed a viable opinion. You're basing experience off of already available devices - not the device in question.

My reply was not harsh - I'm simply implying that it is absolutely silly to ridicule a device you know little to nothing about.

To state that the BlackBerry Classic is simply a Q10 with a track pad is pretty ignorant to the facts and aesthetics.

All of that renders any propositioned "opinion" you may have about the device invalid as its from biased projections of misunderstanding from someone who's never used it. Just like the countless articles already laying slander toward the BlackBerry Passport by people who have never used the device - get how ridiculous that is?

I'll leave it at that - I don't care for monotonous conversing.

Don't take it the wrong way, it's nothing personal.

Posted via CB10
    No matter what you say my statement is correct. JC's "Classic" looks like a Q10 with a track belt. It's not going to be a "Bold" with BB10. So if "Classic" is synonymous with the Bold 9900/9930 it does not look like it.

Why are you commenting my "ergonomic" keyboard and defending your straight keyboard? Did you design it for BlackBerry? Did you own a Bold? Can you type over 60 wpm? Have you ever typed on a manual typewriter? (Don't bother answering)

You of all people know you are getting off the subject of this thread. We are talking about the name not what and how it functions or looks.. Show me where my comment said anything about anything else besides the name. You are reading way to much into all this. Just because you have the inside track and have one does not mean you can make judgment on my comment. I like your renderings and your talent, but this is unacceptable.

.....Don't take this the wrong way, I's nothing personal
    Don't even bother commenting about this as we are stealing the thread and that is not what CrackBerry is for.

Dean
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 07-25-14 at 02:55 AM.
    07-25-14 02:08 AM
    I love the name classic m, whoever came up with it is a genius

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 04:13 AM
    While it makes perfect sense to name it classic. But that's what the CrackBerry world knows. Not sure the name is catchy enough to get those people to notice it those who don't know what it actually stands for. Thats all I am trying to say.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    07-25-14 06:33 AM
    I don't dislike it, I think the name is cool and I hope it sells well everywhere.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    07-25-14 11:37 AM
    You haven't used the BlackBerry Classic, therefore you cannot have formed a viable opinion. You're basing experience off of already available devices - not the device in question. ...

Posted via CB10
    Uh, by my limited understanding, the only people who have actually used a Q20 are under NDA. ?? Other than those lucky few, EVERY single opinion posted in this thread, and this entire forum itself, is based on a device no "mere mortal" has held in their hands. At least by my understanding of the many NDA's i've signed in the past. Unless you are prepared to "disclose" something? ??

Based strictly from photos of John Chen holding what we THINK is a Q20, the straight keyboard is more visually reminiscent of the Q10 than it is of the Bold. Is the name "Classic" intended to reminisce the Bold or the Q10?

I, personally, liked the Q10 KB but still feel the 9900 provides superior ergonomics for speed typing with old, arthritic, thumbs. Maybe younger thumbs more accustomed to glass keyboards find the straight Q10 faster? IDK. Maybe the Classic is intended as a bridge from iGlass to PKB? lol.

The Q20 may offer operational innovations that us mere mortals can know nothing about but IF the name "Classic" is intended to wax glory onto the memory of the 9900, it does not LOOK the part, IMO. IF that name is intended to wax glory onto the memory of the Q10, it's physical appearance fits perfectly. In my "non-viable" opinion, anyway. fwiw.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    07-25-14 02:24 PM
    Uh, by my limited understanding, the only people who have actually used a Q20 are under NDA. ?? Other than those lucky few, EVERY single opinion posted in this thread, and this entire forum itself, is based on a device no "mere mortal" has held in their hands. At least by my understanding of the many NDA's i've signed in the past. Unless you are prepared to "disclose" something? ??

Based strictly from photos of John Chen holding what we THINK is a Q20, the straight keyboard is more visually reminiscent of the Q10 than it is of the Bold. Is the name "Classic" intended to reminisce the Bold or the Q10?

I, personally, liked the Q10 KB but still feel the 9900 provides superior ergonomics for speed typing with old, arthritic, thumbs. Maybe younger thumbs more accustomed to glass keyboards find the straight Q10 faster? IDK. Maybe the Classic is intended as a bridge from iGlass to PKB? lol.

The Q20 may offer operational innovations that us mere mortals can know nothing about but IF the name "Classic" is intended to wax glory onto the memory of the 9900, it does not LOOK the part, IMO. IF that name is intended to wax glory onto the memory of the Q10, it's physical appearance fits perfectly. In my "non-viable" opinion, anyway. fwiw.
    It's never been stated officially to be an iteration of either the Q10 or 9900.

The "Classic" name is formed from the toolbelt, not the keyboard.

Yes, the keyboard is more alike the Q10 than the 9900, but the 9981 was actually the first with the straight keyboard If I recall. But that doesn't mean it's just a Q10 with a tool-belt slapped on there. Especially since the specs aren't official - and the exterior design is quite different.

All my points were completely ignored, and then I was told not to "bother" replying - simply because someone cannot handle the truth. (Not you)

The Classic has a slightly changed keyboard - To fix the double type issue, and add a smoother typing experience. My ONLY point to those above is that the device is unreleased, and they've never used it - therefore any opinions you may have are simply that - opinion which have no basis other than biased views from previous devices.

Wait until you use, and fully know the details of the device before you try to tell people what it is.

In other words - give the device a chance before you result to calling it something it's not.

That's all I'm trying to say. No need to take it as slander or a personal jab. But this kind off off-topic discussing over an unreleased device is exactly what leads to false media and wary buyers due to disinformation from non-users. (See Passport Disinfo)

This has gotten completely derailed, and to avoid closing the forum, let's return to the OP which is essentially "Do you like the NAME BlackBerry Classic?" anything else can be directed to an off-topic forum.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 02:45 PM
    Well, back to the OP, no, i don't like the name "Classic". I would have preferred something more "forward leaning" like Bolder B20, or Productivity P20, or Efficiency E20, or Business B20 or... ?? IMO, anyway.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    07-25-14 02:58 PM
    Well, back to the OP, no, i don't like the name "Classic". I would have preferred something more "forward leaning" like Bolder B20, or Productivity P20, or Efficiency E20, or Business B20 or... ?? IMO, anyway.
    That's interesting - I like the name Classic, but if I had to go with another I would say something like B-something too

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 03:06 PM
    My vote, back in the office, was for something like "BlackBerry Business Bold"... BB BB20... Needless to say, i was soundly out voted. lol

Something along that theme and including a financial app like an HP12C emulator, or something, is what i'd had in mind.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-25-14 03:22 PM
    Ok, I'm sorry but this is nitpicking. You guys really care this much about the name??? LOL.
    Personally, I don't give a damn about the name.
    Call it Blackberry Turnip, Blackberry Old Shoe, Blackberry The Cat Came Back, if it's better than the Q10, I'm getting it and enjoying the reactions:
    "Hey, what kind of phone is this?
    -It's a Blackberry Pompadour"

... Hehe.
    DYLANHABKIRK and donemt like this.
    07-26-14 11:00 AM
    Ok, I'm sorry but this is nitpicking. You guys really care this much about the name??? LOL.
    Personally, I don't give a damn about the name.
    Call it Blackberry Turnip, Blackberry Old Shoe, Blackberry The Cat Came Back, if it's better than the Q10, I'm getting it and enjoying the reactions:
    "Hey, what kind of phone is this?
    -It's a Blackberry Pompadour"

... Hehe.
    A name can make or break a product. If the name doesn't tell 3 millisecond attention span iKids everything they think they need to know in a single syllable, they won't dig deeper. Otherwise, I agree, it WOULD be a pretty silly concern if BBRY were anywhere near dominating the market.
    07-26-14 01:21 PM
    Bold 9000
    Bold 9930
    Bold Q20

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 10:50 PM
    I could care less that the phone is called. They could name it, Toe-Jam and as long as the phone has everything I need/want in it, and my contract is up, I'd buy it.
    donemt and Evilguppy like this.
    07-27-14 01:06 AM
    I could care less that the phone is called. They could name it, Toe-Jam and as long as the phone has everything I need/want in it, and my contract is up, I'd buy it.
    *couldn't care less

;-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    guygardner73, donemt and DJ BigToe like this.
    07-27-14 01:34 AM
    IT refers to much to the past. I would prefer a name like blackberry Evo. Based on the evolution of blackberry and its keyboard phones. IT both catches the past and the future!

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    07-27-14 02:34 AM
    *couldn't care less

;-)

Exactly! Why do they keep getting it wrong? Drives me nuts.

And just a quick bit of advice for songwriters: Mischevious isn't a word and it's "God given right" not "God forsaken right" because that doesn't mean anything. I don't mind illiterate people but I do object to them demonstrating it to the whole world. Read a book for christ's sake!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    07-27-14 02:43 AM
    Love it. I think of it beyond just the name though. What will be the number one response by owners of this device?...."It's a BlackBerry Classic". Spread that around and you get a subliminal message hard at work. " BLACKBERRY IS CLASSIC".

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    donemt likes this.
    07-27-14 03:44 AM
    *couldn't care less

;-)

Couldn't care less, means you have no cares left to give. Could care less, means you have some cares to give, but you wont give those cares.

When it comes to the name of a phone, I have cares to give, I just wont give them. So, I could care less.
    Last edited by DJ BigToe; 07-27-14 at 12:27 PM.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    07-27-14 10:36 AM
    Couldn't care less, means you have no cares left to give. Could care less, means you have some cares to give, but you wont give those cares.

When I comes to the name of a phone, I have cares to give, I just wont give them. So, I could care less.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps18cc2176.gif
    Um... ok, nice attempt to save it though. :-D

DJ BigToe likes this.
    07-27-14 12:06 PM

When it comes to the name of a phone, I have cares to give, I just wont give them. So, I could care less.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps18cc2176.gif
    No, just no.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-27-14 12:37 PM
83 1234