Don't think retro would sell
    07-23-14 05:04 PM
    I think it should be called the BlackBerry Stubborn, because of its target market.
    Just evil LOL.
    07-23-14 08:24 PM
    BlackBerry Classic are you serious ? It's the best name for this smartphone, now we got our devices without trackpad etc.. the classic of BlackBerry got it. Then it's normal BlackBerry call this phone "BlackBerry Classic "

posted via my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.xxx (don't ask)
    It worked for Coke!

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    07-23-14 08:35 PM
    I'm just worried about what the follow up devices will be called. Classic 2? Classic 3? What if one is a flagship model while another is an entry-level model? Classic Lite? That's my only concern over the name, I don't really have an issue with it other wise...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    07-23-14 08:50 PM
    i can see classic 2 classic 3 coming down the line, but i think that if a replacement for the curve comes it will likely be something like classic lite, or classic mini or maybe something completely different. i really don't see them jumping around but hey i dont work for bby.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    07-23-14 09:27 PM
    what will the successor device be called? "Classic Too"? "Classic" is relative, and limiting, all at once.

Should have given the line a new name a la Bold or Torch, like Spark or whatever, and use the 4 digit model number. That is Classic without using "Classic".

The name Classic was chosen before they hired their new CMO, right? It shows.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 09:38 PM
    "Classic" implies obsolescence. Trackpad is newer tech than touch. Navigating with 1/4" thumb movements on a trackpad instead of 4" on touch screen should never be obsolete, IMO.

One day, IMO, countless millions of misguided iKids will grow up and realize the "folly of fad" & start to seek more efficiency. BBRY stands a chance to position themselves to offer the maturing masses cutting edge technology that truly improves efficiency. That chance starts with the B20, Bold! Of course J Chen hasn't been calling for MY advice, so...
    Mr4aces likes this.
    07-24-14 06:11 AM
    "Classic" implies obsolescence.
    No, Classic is that which is impervious to obsolescence. We still read the works of Sophocles and Aristophanes because they're classics.

Whether the Q20 will deserve the name Classic is another question.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    07-24-14 06:31 AM
    I find Classic better that Q20 and Passport better than Q30...
    I am fond of names... My "Curve", my "Bold" sounds better than my "Qxx"!!!

And honestly... Q10 and Z10 are only called so because of the new os nomination when they have been released!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-24-14 06:48 AM
    No, Classic is that which is impervious to obsolescence. We still read the works of Sophocles and Aristophanes because they're classics.

Whether the Q20 will deserve the name Classic is another question.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Good point. Sophism ultimately leads full circle.
    07-24-14 07:11 AM
    I just hope that the device is produced with a high level of quality and attention to detail, or dubbing it the Classic will be a huge mistake when the negative headlines shredding it come out. The name makes it too easy for journalists if this thing is a junker.
    07-24-14 08:06 AM
    Personally I don't like the name. Hoping it's only a internal name for BlackBerry not the final launch name. It just sounds too dull according to me.
    I am reading this as I am sipping my classic coke....haha Hoping they are on to something, but if not it's not the worst name they have used. They usually discard the name for the model number after release anyway. At least it might be the most accurate description yet.
    07-24-14 08:13 AM
    I wonder if there is a plan to release further versions of the Classic. I suppose it will depend on how well the first release goes. One construal of the Classic is that it's a "bridge" device to get more legacy people onto BB10, after which they'll be expected to transition to non-Classic phones. If that's so, the Classic could be a one-time model that won't be updated.

But if it turns out to be wildly, or even moderately, popular, I'm sure there will be future updated models.
    07-24-14 09:08 AM
    I wonder if there is a plan to release further versions of the Classic. I suppose it will depend on how well the first release goes. One construal of the Classic is that it's a "bridge" device to get more legacy people onto BB10, after which they'll be expected to transition to non-Classic phones. If that's so, the Classic could be a one-time model that won't be updated.

But if it turns out to be wildly, or even moderately, popular, I'm sure there will be future updated models.
    i am one of those hold outs. not upgrading to q10 had nothing to do with fear of change or not knowing how to use touch screen. for me it was all about preference, i like button phones specifically physical keyboard and call send/end buttons. when classic is released i will buy it but i will never upgrade to a non button phone by choice. i really hope blackberry doesn't make the same mistakes twice.

Mr4aces likes this.
    07-24-14 09:44 AM
    I fear consumers will think "Classic" means it's just an updated legacy device - especially after they see it.

Although I don't think consumers are really BlackBerry's focus anymore.
    07-24-14 09:58 AM
    I fear consumers will think "Classic" means it's just an updated legacy device - especially after they see it.

Although I don't think consumers are really BlackBerry's focus anymore.
    i disagree i think blackberry is trying to make a phone for everyone including physical button phone users.

07-24-14 10:19 AM
    "Classic" implies obsolescence. Trackpad is newer tech than touch. Navigating with 1/4" thumb movements on a trackpad instead of 4" on touch screen should never be obsolete, IMO.

One day, IMO, countless millions of misguided iKids will grow up and realize the "folly of fad" & start to seek more efficiency. BBRY stands a chance to position themselves to offer the maturing masses cutting edge technology that truly improves efficiency. That chance starts with the B20, Bold! Of course J Chen hasn't been calling for MY advice, so...
    Regardless of what comes first, more productive is more productive, so on that front I agree with you that the trackpad should not be considered obsolete to the touchscreen. My only other techy friend is a total Fandroid, but even he says he really wish they would start putting trackpads on the phones, lol.

Mr4aces likes this.
    07-24-14 01:38 PM
    Regardless of what comes first, more productive is more productive, so on that front I agree with you that the trackpad should not be considered obsolete to the touchscreen. My only other techy friend is a total Fandroid, but even he says he really wish they would start putting trackpads on the phones, lol.

Hey bro, unrelated question, do you drive a pickup?
    07-24-14 01:52 PM
    Hey bro, unrelated question, do you drive a pickup?
    Not for about 3 years. Why, you think you know me? Lol

07-24-14 03:01 PM
    Don't worry they'll probably slap its name as the "Q30" or something and won't call it the Classic as you've seen with all BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 07:55 PM
    Don't worry they'll probably slap its name as the "Q30" or something and won't call it the Classic as you've seen with all BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    ... what are you talking about?

It's called the BlackBerry Classic. That's set in stone.

Also: BlackBerry Passport....

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 08:41 PM
    I think it's a good name. I'm sure they did a lot of research and found many people want the "belt" back. To get as many people back in the BlackBerry boat as possible bring back the belt and make the name clear for them to know the boat is ready for them and the more the better. Welcome back aboard I say!
    07-24-14 09:09 PM
    Classic is the perfect name IMO

Define classic, and it fits the device to the T.

Posted via CB10
    Not a "Classic" it is a Q10 with a track belt. There is no ergonomic keyboard. Oh well!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-25-14 12:15 AM
    I'm just worried about what the follow up devices will be called. Classic 2? Classic 3? What if one is a flagship model while another is an entry-level model? Classic Lite? That's my only concern over the name, I don't really have an issue with it other wise...

Exactly

07-25-14 12:16 AM
    Not a "Classic" it is a Q10 with a track belt. There is no ergonomic keyboard. Oh well!

You haven't even touched the device. Until then,it's best to hold your inane comments.

You can't judge a device you've never used, and don't know the specs of.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 12:17 AM
83 1234