I've seen post after post about this double typing thing and just figured people were trying to type to fast and didn't realize they hitting buttons twice. I have a q10 and have never had the double typing problem myself.
    This morning I had my one and only costumer that loves blackberry like I do ask me if I have ever had the double typing issue. He's on verizon and said he got a software update and his phone has all sorts of issues now. One of them is double typing, the other issue is sometimes when he sends a text it calls the person instead of sending the text. The other thing he didn't like was not wanting the amazon app store said he never uses it and now it keeps telling him it needs to updated.
    I told him the sad thing is if you go back to verizon for help your probably not going to have much luck due to the lack of popularity of blackberry phones and he said ya and they will tell me to buy an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 08:47 AM
    I've seen post after post about this double typing thing and just figured people were trying to type to fast and didn't realize they hitting buttons twice. I have a q10 and have never had the double typing problem myself.
    This morning I had my one and only costumer that loves blackberry like I do ask me if I have ever had the double typing issue. He's on verizon and said he got a software update and his phone has all sorts of issues now. One of them is double typing, the other issue is sometimes when he sends a text it calls the person instead of sending the text. The other thing he didn't like was not wanting the amazon app store said he never uses it and now it keeps telling him it needs to updated.
    I told him the sad thing is if you go back to verizon for help your probably not going to have much luck due to the lack of popularity of blackberry phones and he said ya and they will tell me to buy an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    1) The latest OS 10.3.2.2639 has fixed the double typing problem

2) this thread has instructions in how to disable the Amazon apps -look at post #2

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1038222

Via CB10 - Z10-10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T
    BerryRipe likes this.
    09-14-15 10:36 AM
    The "fix" has started to cause a new bug, as I mentioned in the previous page. Multiple times the phone has deleted letters from words, or paused while I was typing, the letters I was trying to type will show for a fraction of a second and then disappear. The fix is now penalizing me for typing fast. Or my phone is lagging so it's interpreting the typed letters as being typed too fast and it's deleting them. Makes sense from a double typing-fix point of view, but it's getting annoying.
    09-14-15 03:18 PM
    One week later and I can that I didn't notice DT anymore. Maybe I didn't see a word bad wrote but it seems to me to be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 05:07 PM
    The "fix" has started to cause a new bug, as I mentioned in the previous page. Multiple times the phone has deleted letters from words, or paused while I was typing, the letters I was trying to type will show for a fraction of a second and then disappear. The fix is now penalizing me for typing fast. Or my phone is lagging so it's interpreting the typed letters as being typed too fast and it's deleting them. Makes sense from a double typing-fix point of view, but it's getting annoying.
    Interesting.
    DT is totally gone on my Classic now and I see no reduction in the speed at which the letters pop up at all. Definitely don't see them disappearing.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 06:39 AM
    I've noticed it will double type multiple words now if there's a software lag. So in the previous sentence it might type "software lag. software lag." happens mostly when I switch to a text/email and try to immediately enter text.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 10:30 PM
    It disappeared entirely on my Classic after OS update. So happy it turned out to be a software problem
    09-23-15 01:20 AM
    I've encountered a similar problem sometimes but this has happened before the latest update. Sometimes when I'm typing, the latter word disappears and the former word appears twice.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 06:35 AM
    Still having double typing issues though not as often. Seems sporadic and not letter specific.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 01:58 AM
    Still having double typing issues though not as often. Seems sporadic and not letter specific.

Posted via CB10
    Are you on the newest OS?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 06:22 AM
    I am. Its shows up the most when I put in my password to unlock the phone. Its mostly a, s, and e

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 10:28 PM
    I am. Its shows up the most when I put in my password to unlock the phone. Its mostly a, s, and e

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't the latest OS help?

Posted via CB10 on Passport OG
    09-28-15 12:43 AM
    I have the issue and it seems to be getting worse. I cannot be hardware. At first I thought I might have struck a letter twice but more and more it seems to be happening particularly with vowels.
    10-22-15 11:09 AM
    I have the issue and it seems to be getting worse. I cannot be hardware. At first I thought I might have struck a letter twice but more and more it seems to be happening particularly with vowels.
    The newest software fixes it.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 06:36 AM
    It's a hardware issue. Software doesn't "degrade" while hardware does, thus why it gets worse over time. The latest OS software compensates for the Double Typing, but for some, like myself, who types really fast, now sometimes we get a backwards double type issue where intentional double letters are only registered as one letter, like me typing "letter" would sometimes show as "leter" because it thought my double t was a hardware double type, haha. It's every now and then, so not as big of a deal as the DT issue was before.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-23-15 07:56 AM
65 123