My whole company switched from BlackBerry to iPhone. I asked if I could keep my Q10 and they agreed, thank God. I used to have about 100 people on BBM, now only have 1, my wife, who installed it on her Galaxy. Friends try to make fun of me saying that I'm stuck in the 90's and I explain that my phone is a communications device for email, texts, and phone calls. The other stuff it does is cool but NOT a necessity. I don't need 17 different choices for fart apps.

Posted via CB10
    lysskr and miker476 like this.
    07-10-15 05:16 AM
    I don't need 17 different choices for fart apps.

How many people get surprised?-right.jpg

Posted via my awesome Classic
    CivilDissident and idssteve like this.
    07-10-15 11:51 AM
    My whole company switched from BlackBerry to iPhone. I asked if I could keep my Q10 and they agreed, thank God. I used to have about 100 people on BBM, now only have 1, my wife, who installed it on her Galaxy. Friends try to make fun of me saying that I'm stuck in the 90's and I explain that my phone is a communications device for email, texts, and phone calls. The other stuff it does is cool but NOT a necessity. I don't need 17 different choices for fart apps.

Posted via CB10
    Interestingly, an important vendor of ours switched from iPhone to Classic half year ago. Their learning curve was surprisingly short and their efficiency, responsiveness, errors, and general productivity are vastly improved, IMO. They'd worked on a project alongside my crew's 9900 and were impressed enough to try Classic. We gave them a few pointers during their first week or so and they're off and running and several are quite vocal about never knowing how good BlackBerry can be!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    07-10-15 12:13 PM
    Whenever I get my Classic out, I usually hear:

"You STILL have a BlackBerry?"

"Are you not interested in getting an iPhone?"

"Amazing how you've been loyal to BlackBerry for this long"

"Awww.. I miss my Bold/Curve" etc
    I've heard majority of those, the ridiculous Awww miss my BlackBerry, Really I can't tell lol

Via BlackBerry 10  Z30
    07-10-15 12:21 PM
    BlackBerry is quite rare in my country so whenever I have my Passport out, I usually just get a lot of stares. At first, my officemates weren't sure if it was actually a phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 07:13 PM
    I usually hear, "wow, if you have a BlackBerry you must be hung like a horse!". Which I am, so, I'm never surprised at that statement.

Posted via CB10
    lysskr likes this.
    07-11-15 11:07 PM
    I'm swear, I'm going to Rock Bottom the next person who asks me why I have a BlackBerry in 2015.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    evan15281 likes this.
    08-05-15 12:14 AM
    Thrill of using a BlackBerry can only b understood by another BlackBerry user..most ppl reali dnt knw wt a BlackBerry does..ive hrd comments like "cn a BlackBerry do that???"..by assuming they r still releasing 7 os..bb10 is an entirely different and unique animal..

Classic
    08-05-15 12:41 AM
    Usually people just start to b*tch about whatever device they currently have.

Grass is always greener on the other side,.. especially when most people treat their lawn (devices) like crap, never reboot it, never update it, download everything possible to it, spill drinks on it, throw it in their purse/pocket unprotected, etc etc etc.

Posted via CB10
    I agree!

OP just don't get it. Just like a fine car, you take care of it and it will last forever.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 04:57 AM
    Well, I don't get jokes and laughs 'cause i'm sort of the 'guy to ask' when it comes to tech and cars
    But I get:

"Oh, that looks classy"

"Cool, very business like"

And they know you had an iPhone so they believe when you explain in what the classic is better!

I think with the classic BlackBerry has a real chance of winning back some core users.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 08:13 AM
    I have a classic, and I do get people saying "why do you still have a BlackBerry"

But those same people turn around and ask me how I get everything done so fast on my phone...

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 09:02 AM
    My boss runs his company (50+ employees) from his BlackBerry Classic. His employees run their Instagram accounts from their iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 09:11 AM
    I get....
    "They still make BlackBerry"
    Or "BlackBerry is still around"

Posted via CB10
    Lol tell em to get a BlackBerry and then they can BBM video call you

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 09:22 AM
    This may or may not have anything to do with the Classic. But I found it kinda amusing. Norah O'Donnell said this morning on the news President Obama doesn't have a Smart phone he uses a BlackBerry.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 08-05-15 at 12:58 PM.
    08-05-15 12:09 PM
    This may or may not have anything to do with the Classic. But I found it kinda amusing. Norah O'Donnell said this morning on the news President Obama doesn't have a Smart phone he uses a BlackBerry.
    Is Obama using a BlackBerry a good thing?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 03:04 PM
    Is Obama using a BlackBerry a good thing?

Posted via CB10
    Got me?
    Just amazing that if it isn't an Iphone it's not a Smart phone.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-05-15 03:30 PM
    I use a Z30 but looking to get a Classic. Most people think that I have some sort of an Android phone so I got a leather holster that has the BlackBerry logo on it.

Either people don't recognize the logo or they go "is that a BlackBerry?"

From there people go, "I though BlackBerrys are obsolete..." or "they still make those?"

What more if I get the Classic! But I don't care, I enjoy the attention anyway. For those who are eager to know more about BlackBerry, I enjoy showing them cool things about my phone and BlackBerry 10 itself.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 03:39 PM
    The man sitting next to me on a flight home the other day said "wow, I don't see people with BlackBerry very often". He then showed me the Bold he uses. He said he can upgrade to just about any phone through his company at a cost, including the Classic (no cost). He's been hesitant bc he is very comfortable with the Bold. After checking out my Classic for about 45 minutes, he told me he is upgrading for sure.

He was a salesman, like myself, and said that he would not be comfortable with anything else but a BlackBerry. He needs the basics and in his opinion, no one else does the basics better than BlackBerry. I agree 100%.

Posted via CB10
    I think for someone who still loves and uses the Bold 9900, the Classic is the logical next BlackBerry step, and that was the intention from the get-go.
    08-05-15 04:02 PM
    Had a Kijiji chuckle today. (Kijiji is Canada's version of Craigslist; UK users would call it GumTree)

Me: selling an iPhone5S, here's my ad

Buyer: Why are you selling your iPhone?

Me: I switched to BlackBerry

Buyer: Why did you switch to Blowberry?

Posted via CB10
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    08-06-15 03:18 PM
69 123