My friend keep pecking me to change to iPhone. Not interested to show my face on Facetime instead texting is good enough.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 11:42 AM
    I get....
    "They still make BlackBerry"
    Or "BlackBerry is still around"

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 12:01 PM
    Usually people just start to b*tch about whatever device they currently have.

Grass is always greener on the other side,.. especially when most people treat their lawn (devices) like crap, never reboot it, never update it, download everything possible to it, spill drinks on it, throw it in their purse/pocket unprotected, etc etc etc.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 12:19 PM
    A lot of my co workers ask what phone I have. They say blackberry still makes phones!?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 01:26 PM
    Lots of people are surprised I am rocking the BlackBerry Classic. But I always tell them, I've used other devices and for my needs, BlackBerry is the way to go.

One, the keyboard (physical).

Two, I like the idea I can download my attachments such as music files, pdfs etc to access them off-line later.

Three, I can use it in one hand. The iphones and most androids are huge and users are forced to use both hands. That's not good for me.

And four, going off of three, because it's smaller, I can put the phone in my pocket without fear of damaging the device etc.

The great thing about having choices in any market is the ability to choose something that aligns most with what people need. No need to argue what's best, just need to find what's best for person A or person B etc.

Posted via CB10
    petetherocker likes this.
    06-28-15 05:48 PM
    Nobody says anything to me about the stuff I like because they know better.

Posted via CB10
    Cameo Gonzales1 likes this.
    06-28-15 05:49 PM
    most of my buddies call it a ****berry just based on the fact that we had to redo out group message without imessage.

"does that ****berry do....?"
    "I bet that ****berry cant....?"

90% of the time my BlackBerry does it better than the iphone

Posted via CB10

edit: shytberry FYI
    same situation here. imessage crap. i just roll my eyes at them. they think i'll eventually get an icrap and that bit makes me chuckle.
    06-28-15 07:55 PM
    A lot of my co workers ask what phone I have. They say blackberry still makes phones!?

Posted via CB10
    but the thing is, they think they still make BBOS phones. that's what everyone is thinking when you're pulling out your Classic- that it's a BBOS phone. i bet you 90% when they say the phrases mentioned in this thread it's because they don't even know BB10 even exists.
    BBVill likes this.
    06-28-15 07:59 PM
    My cousin, who's an iSheep, calls mine a f**berry all the time.

Posted via CB10
    my best friend calls it a ChuckBerry. everytime we talk about it.
    06-28-15 08:00 PM
    Guys laugh at my phone cause it's not an iphone...

Now granted they make a quality product but my argument is I see everyone and their grandparents with iphones, I like different....

Expandable memory, long lasting battery, not made of glass and guess what???? No autocorrect! Love my classic!
    MrClassic likes this.
    06-28-15 10:21 PM
    Guys laugh at my phone cause it's not an iphone...

Now granted they make a quality product but my argument is I see everyone and their grandparents with iphones, I like different....

Expandable memory, long lasting battery, not made of glass and guess what???? No autocorrect! Love my classic!
    not to mention it doesn't bend
    06-29-15 02:00 AM
    To the original question: Actually no reaction.

Pretty well all of my clients that I meet use BlackBerry devices. All my staff have Z10, Z30 or Classics (all 78 of 'em). As do 99% of the staff at head office... only have one VP with an Iphone. BYOD company.

80% of my network use BlackBerry's, ... If not more. Sure some have Samsung as second phones, but work is done on BlackBerry 's. My personal phone is a Z30.

I guess we just real tools for real work

Chris - Posted with CB10 on my Workhorse Classic
    Do you work at BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 03:11 PM
    Since BlackBerry 10 launched I've used the Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport, and Classic. I can count on one hand the number of times anyone has mentioned my phone. And half the time it wasn't positive or negative, just an inquiry. Like with the Z10, I got a question to the effect of..."So that's the new BlackBerry?". Then with my Passport I got a few stares and questions about form factor but those questions would have come regardless of the brand. Maybe it's me but I don't think people really care that much. In fact, I have a Gold iPhone 6 as well and I think my buddies break my stones more for being a man with a Gold iPhone 6 than they ever did about having a BlackBerry.
    06-29-15 04:40 PM
    Do you work at BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Environmental services company. Privately owned.

Real tools for real work.

Chris - Posted with CB10 on my Workhorse Classic
    extisis and idssteve like this.
    06-29-15 07:55 PM
    Similar experience here.
    People think I'm using the Bold or similar phones that had the whole keyboard that the classic also sports.

BlackBerry Classic, Passport and Z30 .
    06-30-15 01:43 AM
    That's interesting. I was wondering about what impression a BlackBerry could make to a potential employer. I am an IT / Information Systems professional so typically working in IT Security, consulting or business intelligence. I was wondering whether other technology people think of me as being behind the time or if they rather appreciate the fact that someone is into secure and efficient phones.

Posted via CB10
    I was surprised that she noticed my phone. It was later on, after I started work that she told me that she was happy to see that I was using a BlackBerry. She also noticed the BlackBerry on the Judge. She uses the iPhone and we have work issued Samsung phones and tablets.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 06:59 AM
    not to mention it doesn't bend
    No no, you have it all wrong. That's an insidious curve....as one apple fanboy puts it. Lol

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    07-06-15 05:16 AM
    Q10: "Is that a BlackBerry? Can I hold it?"

Classic: "Is this the big brother?"

Passport: "What's that?"

 rockin' a Classic and a Q10 combo 
    07-06-15 07:36 AM
    It is SO refreshing to see people here that understand that I have zero interest in social media or games! My Q10 & the Palm Treo Pro & Treo 650 I used previously all served to keep my life organized! My needs are first and foremost a good, reliable phone with a real calendar I can use to keep up with all meetings, appointments and reminders. I use the browser frequently, listen to music or audio books from my 64Gb micro SDXC card (let's see Apple fanboys do that) and sometimes stream audio. Frankly though, with our good file manager it's much better to just download the podcasts so then I can listen anytime I want to + save my data plan!

As another pointed out, I see NO reason to use an OS that lets them track my every move. I tell all I meet that BlackBerry lets me choose what parts of my device I allow the app access. I also tell them that NONE of the people in their contacts gave permission to give their personal information to be sold. I never let an app to access my cell number, phone ID, files, location & especially contacts. Well written apps will still work, and ones that won't are given a scathing review and DELETED. Other than Gasbuddy (when I open it) I don't even give GPS access to BlackBerry maps. It still works just fine to show me where something is or distance & direction between places. When I actually need it I enable GPS for the app and it works. Then I turn it back off until I want to use it again. I like the security of an OS designed for getting things done, and I don't care whether all the latest games will run on my BlackBerry. I don't have any! When I have time to kill I read news, or look on THIS site for better ways to utilize my Q10 or to decide if I'm getting the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    petetherocker and miker476 like this.
    07-09-15 07:15 AM
    A lot of people ask me if my classic is touch screen too lol

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 12:07 PM
    A lot of people ask me if my classic is touch screen too lol

Posted via CB10
    It is everything you want it to be..

Posted via my awesome Classic
    Cameo Gonzales1 and lysskr like this.
    07-09-15 04:45 PM
    A colleague said it reminded them of their Nokia E71, which they remembered as their best ever phone, and then went on a lament about not having a physical keyboard. This colleague owns an HTC now. I think she would've loved a Blackberry, but they don't seem to offer them anymore in certain price point contracts. Its a shame, as surely a Q5 would fill a �15 month 2-year contract phone gap. It feels like so many people these days think pkb's are a thing of the past, and they seem to have no exposure over here.
    07-09-15 05:41 PM
    Get questioned all the time. Whether with my Classic or 99. "They still make those?" and "Haven't seen those in a while...", etc. Or WAY too commonly: "Sales guy at the store said those were obsolete and going out of business..." Grrr... Few have much to say when they observe my single handed dexterity while demonstrating Classic's or 99's capabilities. Whether while working the device in one hand while writing notes with the other at the conference table, or while unloading a shopping basket...

My fav is: " That's neat. Wish my iPhone were that way... WHAT kind of phone is that? Who made it? ... never heard of them... "

Now you have, grasshopper... lol
    07-09-15 09:08 PM
    Sweep The Leg!

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    07-10-15 05:10 AM
    Cobra Kai

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 05:11 AM
69 123