I have the volume in my Normal sound profile turned all the way up and its still not very loud. The 9900 had a Loud sound profile that was very loud, its strange because the classic's speakers are way louder than most phones, yet I can barely hear when I get messages.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:36 PM
    Download a free program for your PC called Audacity and make your ringtones louder. Then load them back on your phone.
    Don_Henry likes this.
    01-10-15 09:40 PM
    Great idea JayDee. I will try it out and see how that goes. Kinda sad we have to do this when it should be loud from the OS itself, but at least there seems to be a work around. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:51 PM
    The ringtone is loud enough in my opinion. My issue is the vibration being too intense. Maybe I'm just used to weak Android vibration.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-11-15 01:21 AM
    Followed jaydee's advice - used Audacity to increase base volume levels on notification tones - works like a champ!!
    01-11-15 06:40 PM
    In Audacity, under effects, you can either just increase the gain, or apply normalize or compression. Sometimes a more compressed ringtone is better if you are in a noisy environment.
    01-13-15 10:09 AM
    Followed jaydee's advice - used Audacity to increase base volume levels on notification tones - works like a champ!!
    Can you upload them somewhere!?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 01:04 PM
    Can you upload them somewhere!?

Posted via CB10
    I did custom ring tones from 3rd party ring tone apps - so they probably would not be of interest to you.

The Audacity program is free - and I did all of my custom ring tones in about 5 minutes - suggest you get the program and do your own - was really easy.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 02:27 PM
    Kinda sad we have to do this when it should be loud from the OS itself
    Posted via CB10
    Agreed. This should not have to be done at all from a stock OS.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-13-15 02:58 PM
    I found it was quiet too until I found in the notification settings that you can go in and do an override on each app. All my notification sounds are super loud now

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:34 AM
    Using Audacity caust that quality of sound is getting worst! I made +10db for my ringtone and it's awfull... I can't using it Is there any app to solve this problem?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 03:00 PM
    Using Audacity caust that quality of sound is getting worst! I made +10db for my ringtone and it's awfull... I can't using it Is there any app to solve this problem?

Posted via CB10
    You can try reducing the gain from +10db - and or you can de-select "allow clipping" - you can also try leaving the gain in the modified file at +10, but reduce the volume level on your device a bit.

My notifications are all ring tones or alert tones - no music - so I have no problems with the sound quality of the modified tones.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 03:38 PM