I want to keep using my Classic and plan to buy 1 or 2 more as backups. Since the Blackberry Bold users are still in action do you think Classic will be able to go into 2018 with few issues. What I need it to do before I switch is Blackberry Blend, Sync Flawlessly with Microsoft office 365 exchange for email, contacts and Calendar and of course make great phone calls. If it can continue doing these I will not ever stop using until a Classic 2 perhaps or similar. Last update in 2017.... how long after that can we keep going ??
    07-16-16 12:40 PM
    if you don't need apps and the battery keeps charging you don't need to worry
    07-16-16 01:15 PM
    Exactly! I was a Legacy BBOS hold out and up until November of this past year, I was still using my 9900 as my daily driver, Classic as an alternate device on line 2... November I finally 'retired' my 9900 after having it in daily use for 4 years... Same will continue with my Classic... Already have quite the collection of Classics assembled, so being discontinued isn't going to effect me from using my device of choice... As long as the device calls, texts, generates/receives emails and can complete light browsing tasks, THIS will be my daily driver... Apps are fairly meaningless to me... Keeping in touch with my daily contacts via work/family needs are the only requirements necessary for my main line... A PHONE phone... I am confident I will be able to get another 5years easily from my Classic if needed...

Posted via CB10
    FahedAlDerbi likes this.
    07-16-16 01:45 PM
    My personal opinion is that it will vary for many depending on outside factors.

For those who don't need and don't use many apps they may go a little longer. The calls, texts, email and BBM diehards will still be around for a long time.

For many big time BlackBerry users, people who love the devices, love the OS and are brand loyal may find themselves in scenarios and situations where they maybe forced to trade. Losing WhatsApp isn't going to be good given the level of integration it has in the IM market. Many people rely on it for work, group messaging, meeting new people etc. I don't use it for many reasons but I am the minority. I understand you can try and convert some users to BBM and I have had some success in doing that. Truth is most won't and groups, employee's etc won't go through the hassle.

Other factors that may also would be the when the latest and greatest services come along and are only available to iPhone and Android users. The talk of 2018, 2020 etc is a lifetime in the tech world.

I used to be an employee of a large Canadian bank up until end of 2014. They were obsessed with making sure the bankers had in depth conversations to try and better gauge clients needs and to try and steal market share from rivals. The new bank account process was suppose to help uncover things and the mantra was always have 1 hour appointments. Low and behold they are now the first bank in Canada to offer new accounts being opened via their app. The entire company's expectations changed dramatically. Why wait around for business when people are willing to change financial institutions using an app and can open an account while brushing their teeth on their way to the bar @ 11 pm?

Tech changes and how we use tech. I assume I will be on my Classic for a long time and I will also purchase a SE Passport sooner rather than later, what a gorgeous device. I hope I can be on these phones for a long time and will then decide if using an Android BlackBerry will be my next phone. I don't like GOOGLE and their data mining but we will see.

Cheers to all

Posted via CB10
    Mike_WasTaken likes this.
    07-16-16 03:25 PM
    I think you will be fine for a long time.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Classic
    07-16-16 09:55 PM
    That depends on your needs. I would think email, text, etc for quite a while. Certain apps maybe not.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 06:21 AM
    I want to keep using my Classic and plan to buy 1 or 2 more as backups. Since the Blackberry Bold users are still in action do you think Classic will be able to go into 2018 with few issues. What I need it to do before I switch is Blackberry Blend, Sync Flawlessly with Microsoft office 365 exchange for email, contacts and Calendar and of course make great phone calls. If it can continue doing these I will not ever stop using until a Classic 2 perhaps or similar. Last update in 2017.... how long after that can we keep going ??
    Your problem is Blend/Link run on Windows, and without a team providing updates to Blend/Link.... who knows how long it will work.
    Some are already experiencing issues... LINK doesn't work with Office 2016 (Outlook 2016), and probably never will. Now syncing to a cloud 365 exchange account shouldn't be an issue....

Yes many have and continue to use their Bolds... users needs vary. Personally I don't see a reason to continue to invest in something that will only provide a worsen user experience.
    07-18-16 07:07 AM
    Buying a few back ups is a waste of money, run the phone until it stops. then look for a bargin..............the battery will be the weak point.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-18-16 07:37 AM
    I bought 2 backups plus 2 backup holster-case combos and extra screen protectors, locked them all in my safe and will be happily using BlackBerry for years to come now.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-18-16 10:09 AM
    Until you need a smartphone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-18-16 10:13 AM
    Until you need a smartphone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I laughed.
    07-18-16 10:25 AM
    If Blackberry Blend Fails or Exchange I will move asap. I am thinking by 2017 there will be a classic blackberry android phone which with the many sms apps android has the one issue Exchange office 365 any priv users comment on outlook and priv?
    07-19-16 08:30 PM