04-28-15 09:34 AM
31 12
    They all want one.

Not really. But I think the reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet on getting one is the value. $400-$450 off contract can get me a lot more phone than the Classic: better processor, bigger screen, more apps, etc. I wish Blackberry was more aggressive with the Classic's specs:

- Snapdragon 801 at minimum
    - 32gb memory
    - 3.8 or 4-in screen
    - Better battery

I think what would clench the sale is a 4-in version of the Passport. Smaller than the current one but bigger than a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:29 AM
    If the battery lasts the whole day, what is the need for having to remove the battery. The only time you do that is if you were having issues and needed a hard reboot...or to swap the battery when it ran out.

The classic gives you at worst for me 16 hrs of battery and at best 2 days. I don't miss the removable part of the phone. It isn't an "abject failure" like you state.

Considerably larger? Slightly maybe but that will make you not buy the Classic? How about a Z30 then?

Several problems prevent me from buying this new Blackberry Classic. I'm not the only one judging by the weak sales numbers:

1. No user replaceable battery - this is an abject failure in my opinion
    2. External Sim and SD drawers - cheap and cheerful?
    3. Optical pad is SMALLER than 9900 and does NOT illuminate
    4. Classic is considerably larger than the Bold 9900 or BB10 q10

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    04-26-15 07:49 AM
    Most new phones on the market don't have a user replaceable battery so I always laugh when I see this "critique".
    Dismissing someone's concerns about what THEY need is the problem BlackBerry faces everywhere.

I can think of three reasons a removable battery is desirable.

1 some power users WANT one. Some need one...

2 removable battery has a door (the Q's is amazing) letting the device have internal places to have sim/sd locations. (not a need, but for some definitely a desired design aesthetic)

3 Some times, off really NEEDS TO BE OFF.
    Very few people need 3, but there are still some that do.

Obviously not everyone needs a removable battery, but some do, and some need.

Dismissing the needs of others, and mocking them for it makes ya'll just like the pathetic sales people on the front lines, who belittle anyone who asks about BlackBerry.
    04-26-15 02:19 PM
    Customer this week looked at it and stared. I could tell he did not want to ask. I told him it's a Classic and before I could say more, he said "It's in great condition." I just let it go.

Posted via Classic.
    Hahaha lol

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 09:17 PM
    Customer this week looked at it and stared. I could tell he did not want to ask. I told him it's a Classic and before I could say more, he said "It's in great condition." I just let it go.

Posted via Classic.
    Something similar happened to me. I was telling a coworker I could fix the memory warning on her iphone 4 & told her that her phone needed a new phone. She replied by saying that I had an old BlackBerry. I told her it was one of their newest devices & she was baffled.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by scott082801; 04-26-15 at 10:15 PM.
    04-26-15 09:45 PM
    My Classic gets a lot of attention. A lot of people think I hung on to an old Bold or something. When I tell people how much I love it the response is the same "Really?!" It's like no one I know can fathom a world in which a person can like something other than an iPhone.
    04-28-15 09:34 AM
31 12