People are always asking me if that's my Blackberry? Than begin the long debate. I would like to hear what everyone else has to say, when their caught with their Classic out in the open?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 09:56 AM
    Most people are like 'Woah' then I get the immediate sense of longing. The Classic has that kind of magnetic pull. Once they realize they can have a keyboard, touch screen, and great OS I can see the wheels turning in their heads. Of course there are die hard iOS fans out there that just think I am nuts lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 10:30 AM
    I was using my phone in the lunch room at work last night and a coworker came in and asked if I had "the new BlackBerry". They were drawn to it like a moth to a flame and seemed pretty impressed with the design, and I showed them a couple of the features of BlackBerry 10 which got them excited (especially the BlackBerry Hub).

For the record, this is about the fifth time in the past month since I purchased the Classic that I've had someone ask me about it. People seem to be drawn to this phone like a moth to a flame when they see it.
    04-18-15 12:16 PM
    Moth to a flame? Numbers certainly don't show it.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 03:55 PM
    Everyone loves a new BlackBerry. No one loves giving up thier large screen and paid apps to go back to BlackBerry and buy them all again.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-18-15 06:12 PM
    Usually they would say, "still hanging on to your BlackBerry I see" thinking it's a old phone. Then I would inform them that this was the latest phone released by BlackBerry (pre Leap) then most would get a look of surprise and want a closer look. I'm not a fanboy, so I won't get drawn into any stupid phone debate, but I will tell them how great a phone it is for me and yeh, I show them the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 06:35 AM
    Several problems prevent me from buying this new Blackberry Classic. I'm not the only one judging by the weak sales numbers:

1. No user replaceable battery - this is an abject failure in my opinion
    2. External Sim and SD drawers - cheap and cheerful?
    3. Optical pad is SMALLER than 9900 and does NOT illuminate
    4. Classic is considerably larger than the Bold 9900 or BB10 q10

Moth to a flame? Numbers certainly don't show it.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:01 AM
    My iPhone 3GS has a non removable battery, and it still hold a full charge in 2015. I have faith in Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-19-15 08:17 AM
    Several problems prevent me from buying this new Blackberry Classic. I'm not the only one judging by the weak sales numbers:

I beg to differ on those 4 items. But I see that you've copy-paste this from another one of tour thread and someone already answered.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:22 AM
    Most new phones on the market don't have a user replaceable battery so I always laugh when I see this "critique". If it was something other phones offered, sure, complain about it. The fact is that it's something phones don't really offer anymore period, not just Blackberry.

The SD card thing? Again....most phones don't offer it PERIOD, so whether the slot is cheaply built or not, it's a feature you can't even have on most other new smartphones.

I'm not sure how the Classic being larger than Q10/Bold is a problem. I like the size. It's bigger enough without being huge and has a reasonable screen for what I need.

I do wish the trackpad illuminated, but I already find myself using it a lot. It's actually useful sometimes. The size is fine, I can use it with no issue.
    whattiger, hplovecraft and BBRYQ10 like this.
    04-19-15 08:28 AM
    People think it's a nice looking phone, they always say they use to have a Blackberry,or they thought Blackberry don't make phones any more.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:57 AM
    I use my Classic a lot for work. I whip it out to take notes, to do list etc. I have had some people tell me they miss their PKB. I have Android fans make remarks on how much "better" my phone is. I find that the iPhone users just use their phones for basic stuff and often ask me to help them. Overall, they think am more techy cause I have a BlackBerry. Whatever. I just plug along and keep working, lol.

Posted via Classic
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-19-15 09:10 AM
    Cheaply built SIM and SD slots??? You apparently don't know anything about manufacturing or machine work. The quality is so high tech for such small part parts.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 02:57 PM

1. I get a day and a half out of the battery so not an issue to me.
    2. No.
    3. Why?
    4. Good.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    04-19-15 03:05 PM

Well this is a good example of a reaction.

In my job coworkers have iOS and Androids. Everyone says to me "nahhh", then I show how the Hub works and says "ooohhh, can I find a app to download that?"- buy your own BlackBerry!

Nobody denies it is made for productivity.

From my Classic
    04-19-15 05:11 PM
    I have had one person besides my wife comment on the classic. My wife had me tag along a girl at her job had a birthday party and out of about 15 people the guy next to me said hey is that the new BlackBerry. I said yeah its the classic. He asked how it was and if he could hold it so I told him about it and the "app" question came up I told him how you can download most of what you need now. And he played with it for about 5 minutes and a few people right next to us were starting to kinda check it out. Then I moved my hand and the gear s lit up. And the said hey is that the apple watch? I said no its a samsung and that took all the attention away from the BlackBerry. But the one dude did say it was really nice and he misses his bold. He is using a iphone 6 right now

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 09:42 PM
    Well this is a good example of a reaction.

In my job coworkers have iOS and Androids. Everyone says to me "nahhh", then I show how the Hub works and says "ooohhh, can I find a app to download that?"- buy your own BlackBerry!

Nobody denies it is made for productivity.

From my Classic
    Soon you'll be able to tell them "yes, there will be an app for the BlackBerry hub and the BlackBerry keyboard as well!"

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-19-15 09:49 PM
    People seem to be drawn to this phone like a moth to a flame when they see it.
    That "interest" certainty does not translate to sales. The end figures prove this.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 10:43 PM
    That "interest" certainty does not translate to sales. The end figures prove this.

Posted via CB10
    Sad but true... many of the people I've spoken to are locked into a contract with their current devices and don't want to incur an early upgrade fee to change devices which is understandable.
    04-20-15 10:33 AM
    I haven't noticed any reaction from anyone other than some good friends of mine who rag on me (in good fun) for still using Blackberry and asking me what will happen when Blackberry "folds" and/or they stop making phones. I'll "worry" about that if or when the day comes.

I did have a friend of mine kinda play around with my Classic on the Metro this past Saturday. He used to be a BB user before going over to Apple and being a loyalist. Lol. He didn't say anything to me and just handed the phone back.

Honestly, I have never cared what people think or say about me using a Blackberry. It works for me and what I use it for.
    Zeridialous and donemt like this.
    04-20-15 11:35 AM
    Everyone that has seen it or I've shown it too instantly say I loved my BlackBerry keyboard. I then show them all of the apps I have and they become more interested.

Others will give me crap which I quickly shrug off while responding properly to my work emails and blowing them away with how quick I get things done with my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Zeridialous likes this.
    04-20-15 11:42 AM
    They all want one.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 05:32 PM
    People don't even realize its a new phone. All they know it's a blackberry.
    Mausje75 likes this.
    04-22-15 06:49 PM
    Customer this week looked at it and stared. I could tell he did not want to ask. I told him it's a Classic and before I could say more, he said "It's in great condition." I just let it go.

Posted via Classic.
    04-22-15 06:53 PM
    Had an encounter last night I just had to share. Was talking to a couple of guys about tech stuff starting with computers and eventually it approached mobile devices. One guy was telling how he started with Palm and was eventually forced to switch to BlackBerry, but how they eventually lost touch. My friend poked him jokingly saying careful, he's a BlackBerry user, pointing to my phone on the table. The guy said it was good in its time but the os is so far behind. It was so difficult to switch between apps... I interjected and told him no more. He went on about some other reasons, so I did a bit of a demo explain that this was a recently released phone with a new os and I found it a very efficient device. He said "yes, but look, they're so behind", lifting the phone then turning it sideways. I said to him they also have all touch devices with no keyboard if that's your preference. This one was recently released for the people who like having the keyboard. He had such a look of surprise on his face and got real quiet. He genuinely did not know they had all touch devices as well and he's a reasonably tech savy guy.
    It really does seem that BlackBerry would sell more if they just promoted what they now have. Why they're not doing so is a mystery to me.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:05 AM
31 12