Does anyone have any idea how to get the Classic working with win7 BB Link ?
    My classic had problems with the charging connect being loose and not connecting with with link or charging. I just got it back from repair and it seems to work fine now except plugging it in, it is not recognized by Win7, a little popup message tells me that.

I have tried:
    -reinstalling link
    -deleting a bunch of files from this post http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...b-why-1026991/
    -verifying mass storage usb access is off
    -rebooting win7, selecting Disable Signature Checking then reinstalling
    -turning off firewall
    -replugging several times and trying different USB ports

Thanks.

Carl: I did try another good cable. I also tried deleting the driver from device manager, and reinstalling Link. No luck. Thanks for the response.
    Last edited by lactose; 09-22-15 at 04:40 PM. Reason: don't see how to reply
    09-22-15 03:45 PM
    Did you try another data cable?
    09-22-15 03:57 PM
    Carl: I did try another good cable. I also tried deleting the driver from device manager, and reinstalling Link. No luck. Thanks for the response.

Also: my Z10 works fine with this cable and Link software (with USB mass storage turned on!). So what is different between the phones ? The VID/PID (win7 driver issue) or I suppose the actual phone hardware.

Since I just got the phone back, I really should call the repair place if I feel the hardware is broken. But I want to be sure first.
    09-22-15 04:40 PM
    Install as admin? Turn off antivirus and see if that helps? How many drives do you have and what letters are assigned? Are all optional windows updates installed?
    09-22-15 04:47 PM
    Ok. I installed as admin, installed all optional updates. My drives are C: (hard drive) Y: and Z: (network shares). Doesn't look like I can disable antivirus (this pc is on a domain). No luck. I can try it on my home pc tonight.
    09-22-15 05:53 PM
    I feel pretty confident in thinking it is a hardware problem. I connected the Classic to my linux box, ran dmesg, and I see a bunch of errors when attempting to read the descriptor. So I will try to send it back to SmartGuard / Warrantech. (this has not been a good experience with them). Thanks all.
    09-23-15 08:36 AM