I am on the cricket network. So I had to add the apn to get the data network to function. I assumed I need to do something similar for MMS but I haven't been able to figure it out. I tried today to share a contact with someone and it would just never send. Anyone know how to correct that?
    10-07-19 12:35 PM
    10-07-19 01:50 PM
    I am on the cricket network. So I had to add the apn to get the data network to function. I assumed I need to do something similar for MMS but I haven't been able to figure it out. I tried today to share a contact with someone and it would just never send. Anyone know how to correct that?
    Let us know if mh's link doesn't give you what you need doza.
    10-08-19 07:06 PM
    So I did find the information he mentioned. However I have no idea where to actually put that information in the software.
    10-10-19 02:55 PM
    So I did find the information he mentioned. However I have no idea where to actually put that information in the software.
    There is sometimes the ability to edit APN settings if you go to Settings, then Mobile Network at the bottom of the screen. It should say "APN" if it's there.

If not you will need to go into the Engineering Screen....which is possible but which will require a fair bit more effort.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-10-19 05:23 PM
    Does the model version of the Classic make a difference? Cricket is AT&T so wouldn’t the problem first be if device is less compatible version like the VZW Classic or something intended as international variants?
    10-10-19 06:51 PM
    Does the model version of the Classic make a difference? Cricket is AT&T so wouldn’t the problem first be if device is less compatible version like the VZW Classic or something intended as international variants?
    That is true for CDMA/non-GSM carriers, but not for GSM-based carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile. Those are generally interchangable in terms of underlying technology and the issue with MMS and related items is APN or possibly other SIM programming-related.

(Unless of course they're locked...)
    10-10-19 06:53 PM
    That is true for CDMA/non-GSM carriers, but not for GSM-based carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile. Those are generally interchangable in terms of underlying technology and the issue with MMS and related items is APN or possibly other SIM programming-related.

(Unless of course they're locked...)
    Bzzzz wrong answer.....

that’s partially true but my factory unlocked Z30 proved otherwise. Since AT&T was going to have a carrier locked version that was cancelled at the last minute, plus that AT&T would push exclusivities for various reasons, the factory unlocked Z30 is missing all the necessary LTE bands for AT&T in majority of USA coverage area.

With AT&T, MMS is transmitted as data traffic so I had problems with the Z30 since it could only do 4G HSPA that’s also called faux g or 3.5G so lovingly here.

I’m asking because OP never clarified which Classic variant so attempting VZW or carrier locked could be part of the problem. For some reason, some BB10 models seemed to offer so many variants that issues happened.
    10-10-19 07:32 PM
    Bzzzz wrong answer.....

that’s partially true but my factory unlocked Z30 proved otherwise. Since AT&T was going to have a carrier locked version that was cancelled at the last minute, plus that AT&T would push exclusivities for various reasons, the factory unlocked Z30 is missing all the necessary LTE bands for AT&T in majority of USA coverage area.

With AT&T, MMS is transmitted as data traffic so I had problems with the Z30 since it could only do 4G HSPA that’s also called faux g or 3.5G so lovingly here.

I’m asking because OP never clarified which Classic variant so attempting VZW or carrier locked could be part of the problem. For some reason, some BB10 models seemed to offer so many variants that issues happened.
    Bzzzz!! Answer disqualified due to misunderstanding of OP!

1. OP has the appropriate info and just needs to know where to put it.

2. Cricket uses its own MMS APN separate from AT&Ts, and its setup implies that it uses a proxy server which is unlikely to be affected by whatever AT&T's own branded non-resold spectrum is doing.

However, we will give you partial credit in that you are correct as to OP not mentioning the Classic variant, and if it is branded for Verizon or one of the international CDMA/other carriers there may be trouble. However, if it is an AT&T brand there should be no trouble.

The only issue with your factory unlocked Z30 might be that AT&T never actually supported it, so if there is indeed an LTE band problem that could be an issue. But it will not be one for any branded GSM carrier BB10 device.
    10-10-19 07:45 PM
    My classic is branded for AT&T ( My mama didn't raise no foo hehe). Any way after about a day or so ( and possibly a reboot I don't remember ) of having my sim card in there and the APN setting for the 4g data all added it started working all on it's own. I don't know if that was just my network being slow on the uptake of pushing the settings down to my device or what.
    10-11-19 10:01 AM