Just a quick reminder for those of you who own the BlackBerry Classic Leather Pocket:

There have been reports of the device being hard to remove from the case. This is due to the phone being inserted into the case in the wrong direction. Ensure that you are placing the phone in with the screen facing outward (not facing inward like with the BlackBerry Classic Leather Swivel Holster), which leaves the notification LED visible. There is a red line stitched into the pocket that indicates the correct positioning of the volume and mute keys, the keys will be facing towards this red line when inserted correctly.

I hope this helps and enjoy the BlackBerry Classic.

Example of correct placement:

How to fix a tight fit with the Leather Pocket-10358600.jpg How to fix a tight fit with the Leather Pocket-10358600_3.jpg
    04-16-15 08:58 PM
    I returned mine cause I was scared that I would send my phone flying in trying to get it out. I have a cheap case that I use in rough elements. Other than that I carry mine naked.

Posted via Classic
    04-18-15 09:16 AM
    Just got the leather holster today, but I am thinking about getting this as well.

Posted via CB10
    conch12 likes this.
    04-18-15 09:58 AM
    Just got the leather holster today, but I am thinking about getting this as well.

Posted via CB10
    I have both, there are times that I'm unable to use the holster so that's why I picked up the pocket as well, and I'm enjoying both of them.
    04-18-15 10:40 AM
    Just a quick reminder for those of you who own the BlackBerry Classic Leather Pocket:

There have been reports of the device being hard to remove from the case. This is due to the phone being inserted into the case in the wrong direction. Ensure that you are placing the phone in with the screen facing outward (not facing inward like with the BlackBerry Classic Leather Swivel Holster), which leaves the notification LED visible. There is a red line stitched into the pocket that indicates the correct positioning of the volume and mute keys, the keys will be facing towards this red line when inserted correctly.

I hope this helps and enjoy the BlackBerry Classic.

Example of correct placement:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10358600.jpg 
Views:	890 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	347851 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10358600_3.jpg 
Views:	888 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	347852
    I bought this holster and had just enough brain cells left to figure out the front from the back. Having said that, I actually did try putting it in backwards to see if it made any difference on the overly tight fit. It didn't. The pouch is poorly designed and is way too tight a fit for the phone. I tried 'stretching' it a bit by putting a larger phone in it for a few days to 'loosen' the vice grip this thing puts on the phone. Didn't work. This thing is just too tight and the way you have to grab it to remove the phone is awkward to say the least. You have to squeeze so hard to 'grab' it at the edges and one of your fingers is mashing the bejeezus out of the 'volume up' key on the side- every time you grab it to remove.

Posted via CB10
    double_fault likes this.
    04-19-15 01:19 PM
    Wondering if any users who only have either the hoster or the pocket and have been using it for a while has experienced chipped paint as a result. I have a holster that I use ocassionally, but I'm worried of the paint chipping with constant use.
    04-19-15 04:35 PM
    the Q10 sleeve was tight when I first got it. I oiled it with boot oil and it stretched out a bit. Maybe I should get the holster this time instead of the sleeve if it's that bad

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 06:26 PM
    Wanting to use mine with a slim case, I cut a piece of wood slightly bigger then my phone. I then submerged the case in water to soften it up and shoved the block of wood inside. Let it dry for a day and viola', my Classic (with a slim case) fit like a glove.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    donemt likes this.
    04-19-15 07:09 PM
    Wow. That's impressive determination. Resourceful.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-19-15 08:10 PM
    Thanks OP...however I would be quite surprised if there are people out there who couldn't figure out the front from the back...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-20-15 03:42 AM
    My leather pocket isn't too tight at all, it was pretty stiff at the beginning but it did loosen up after a few days. I agree you can easily hit that volume down button and getting it out is a tad difficult, mainly because BlackBerry decided for whatever reasons to place that volume rocker higher than usual.
    It helps for me to just grip the case with one hand, pressing the thumb of my other hand against the bottom of the pocket, pushing the device out a bit.

Maybe some of those leather pockets are really too tight - but then I would try exchanging them, as there are units out there where the Classic fits nicely.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 03:51 AM
    The leather pocket for my wife's Classic is much tighter than the pocket for my Z30, she's quite frustrated, despite her having used it (in the correct direction) for many months. Was thinking of stretching it, but the idea of soaking it in water seems extreme.
    01-12-16 02:42 PM
    Wanting to use mine with a slim case, I cut a piece of wood slightly bigger then my phone. I then submerged the case in water to soften it up and shoved the block of wood inside. Let it dry for a day and viola', my Classic (with a slim case) fit like a glove.
    Soaking in water didn't do damage? What about rusting of the magnet?
    01-12-16 02:47 PM
    I chucked that lousy holster
    01-12-16 05:31 PM
    I bought this but just never even used it, too tight, cumbersome and difficult to take in and out especially when walking around. I ended up never putting it in, just leaving the holster in another pant pocket. It's also never protected my Classic from a fall, as every time I drop the phone I'm actually using it, never when it's sitting in my pocket with the leather pocket on doing nothing.

I'd strongly recommend the softshell over this instead if you think it needs protection, though it's perfectly fine to run the Classic naked. There's a reason why almost no other phone manufacturer does a full leather sleeve for phones...just not conducive to the modern day smartphone user that is always pulling their phone in and out of their pocket.
    01-12-16 06:08 PM
    I have been using the holster for almost a year now. After around 2-3 months, it progressed from tight to snug but I consider it a good thing. I found the easiest way to get the phone out of the holster is to hold it by the top side edges and pull it out by the holster and not by the phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 11:09 AM