I got a q10 and sold it right away because how dim the screen is.

Went to z10 and love everything. Besides battery.

Went to z30 and returned it because of the dim screen.

Went to q5 and don't like how certain things play out and it seems some things aren't optimized for qwerty keyboard. For example:

When you start typing, the first letter never shows up on search unless you type slow.

The auto correct is not like the z10's where it corrects the words for you. Q5 only seems to correct things like: its -> it's.

The calculator number layout doesn't match the keyboards number layout so it's confusing to use and there doesn't seem to be a button for "clear."

Some letters / words are small on q5.

I havnt found a way to delete fast like how on z10 there's one finger swipe to delete a word, two finger two words, etc.

As soon as you start typing on something like text or bbm it doednt automatically type, you have to tap on the box or hit enter. I think bbos7 has that.

And look at those error up top, 99% of the time it didn't happen with z10.

Screen is small too.

I'm thinking about getting a classic because of tool belt and larger screen but first want to know how it compares to q5 because if it's going to have the same problems then I might just keep z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 02:58 PM
    For people who need pure communication/work device there is nothing like Classic right now.
    The quality of the screen, the battery, and many other features make the phone worth the $.
    I have Passport as a corporate phone and got Classic for myself as a private phone

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 03:06 PM
    But what about what I mentioned above?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 03:08 PM
    There are some complaints about 'light bleeding' or gaps, but fortunately for me, I did not experience any of these. My boss got his Classic from carrier and in my opinion, his phone should be exchanged, but he's fine with some light bleeding. I got my classic from shopBB and I am happy as I could be with new BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 03:10 PM
    Larger screen is a benefit because of better navigation and more content in one screen.
    ToolBelt is a must for BlackBerry, it adds productivity
    Battery is much more durable over Q5 and over Q10.
    Keyboard is more ergonomic because of the added space.
    Accuracy of typing on Classic is much higher than on any other Q-phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 03:15 PM
    I really don't know what to do.

The main things I do on my phone are talk, text, email pictures, use calculator, check a excel / spreadsheet and take pictures. I don't know what phone is best for that.

The classic has call button and trackpad which are awesome but the size of the passport screen is huge and it has the touch enabled keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 03:17 PM
    Screen is very dull and dim on the Classic IMHO.
    02-10-15 06:44 PM
    What the heck screen are you people looking at thinking its dull and dim? I have to turn the brightness down on mine almost to the lowest setting and I still think its too bright
    02-10-15 08:06 PM
    What the heck screen are you people looking at thinking its dull and dim? I have to turn the brightness down on mine almost to the lowest setting and I still think its too bright
    +1, screen is great for me
    02-10-15 09:09 PM
    A couple of things:
    The screen of the Classic is very bright and pretty crisp, not as crisp as Z10, but still good. Since the Classic uses a good LCD screen, the display is never dim. It is waaaay brighter than Q10/Z30 with their AMOLED screens. Compared to the Passport the Classic is virtually as bright.

The increased screensize is very convenient. Although it displays not really more content compared to Q5/Q10, the larger screen makes a difference for me.

As for the calculator, typing a key results in entering the number of the key, 1=1, 6=6. I get your point though, the virtual numberpad on the calculator has a 789 top row, the hardware keyboard has the 123 top row.

The question regarding Passport or Classic is often asked and there is no true answer. I personally switched from Passport to Classic after two and a half month and I am actually very happy about that move. Other people made the opposite and switched Classic to Passport and are also happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 12:02 AM

I have the exact same usage for my phone regarding work. That is why I went from IPhone 6 to Passport and now to Classic. My only problem with classic is battery life.

With 4G on, 4x email accounts, docs to go app 2-3x hours and BBM my Classic is at 10% in the afternoon.

I can get all my stuff done, I even VPN with remote desktop combined with file manager and have my office computer on the go. I love this device, I just have to figure out how the heck a 2500mAh battery is drained faster than Iphones 1900mAh battery....

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 03:39 AM
    The virtual calculate goes along with the keyboard numpad so it's correct.
    02-11-15 06:36 AM
    I use my classic mainly for voice, email, txt, occasional pics, some web surfing. No issues. I wouldn't use it for spreadsheet due to the screen size. Loading app speed is not that slow unless it's graphic intensive (BB native or andriod apps). Taking picture is fine. I don't expect my phone to give me picture quality that rivals a digital camera. The voice calling is very clear. My friends now said that my voice is clearer (I used to have iphone 4&5, Galaxy S3&4).

I like the BB hub which allows me to access txt/email/linked on the fly instead of clicking different app icons to access the messages.

Screen brightness is fine. Mine is at around 35-40% brightness and I have no problem reading things off the screen.

I like the size and weight of the phone, particularly the weight. The only other phone which I liked was the iphone 4 because of these two attributes.
    02-11-15 10:28 AM