Hi guys thanks for taking the time to read this!!

I have a problem where I sent an email out on my blackberry and it got stuck in the outbox for a whole day before it was actually 'sent'. It was a time sensitive email and now I'm getting heat for not sending the email on time, as it was stuck in the outbox. To clarify, I sent the email on Friday but it didn't go through until Saturday afternoon. I tried looking in the sent and outbox folders as well sync issues but the only folder that has information on it is the sent folder that shows when it was 'sent' (Saturday).

Is there anyway to prove I sent the email on Friday and it just got stuck in the outbox for some reason?

Thank you so much in advance. My manager is giving me some serious pressure about this and I would love to show him proof!
    03-31-16 08:22 AM
    Hey the_big_bean and welcome to the community !
    AFAIK, there's no way you can prove that. In fact, your mail is date stamped when it moves from your outbox to your sent item folder ...
    If it's a local (device) problem (ex:can't reach the IMAP/SMTP server) then you may want to track your device logs and see if they state about a network error or the likes (settings/security/BlackBerry Software Logging Tool).
    If the problem was on the mail server, you should have received a warning the likes of "unable to deliver message, will retry xx times ...".
    Hey the_big_bean and welcome to the community !
    AFAIK, there's no way you can prove that. In fact, your mail is date stamped when it moves from your outbox to your sent item folder ...
    If it's a local (device) problem (ex:can't reach the IMAP/SMTP server) then you may want to track your device logs and see if they state about a network error or the likes (settings/security/BlackBerry Software Logging Tool).
    If the problem was on the mail server, you should have received a warning the likes of "unable to deliver message, will retry xx times ...".
    zephyr613 likes this.
    03-31-16 08:29 AM