Happy new year! Every time I enter the car, my Classic audibly notifies me that the car has paired and discovered Bluetooth. I'm happy that it's connecting, but I can't figure out how to turn the notification off (I'm confident it's not the car that's the problem). Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks for the help!
    01-05-15 09:40 AM
    My car does the same, and I haven't found a option yet to turn it off.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-05-15 09:53 AM
    Strange. My car does not do this at all.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 10:10 AM
    There used to be a Bluetooth "settings" menu in older BB units that would allow Bluetooth notification to be turned off, but it is no longer there in the Classic - at least, I can't find it. - I keep thinking I am receiving a text message upon entering the car, but it is the sound of Bluetooth connection notification. I guess I may have to live with this problem.
    01-05-15 10:17 AM
    It's most likely a feature of your car.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 05:24 PM
    There used to be a Bluetooth "settings" menu in older BB units that would allow Bluetooth notification to be turned off, but it is no longer there in the Classic - at least, I can't find it. - I keep thinking I am receiving a text message upon entering the car, but it is the sound of Bluetooth connection notification. I guess I may have to live with this problem.
    Over the last 2 days I just started getting an email when I first get in.

It's from Blackberry Assistant and says something along the lines of "Welcome, today's date is..."

It started literally 2 days ago out of nowhere. It happens in all my families' vehicles. It just makes no audible noise.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 06:21 PM
    Guys I don't know if all car's bluetooth are the same. When I paired with my pickup, during the pairing the system asked me to set a priority from 1 to whatever. I think that priority is there to let the system knows which one it will connect first.....

From Classic
    01-05-15 09:56 PM
    Over the last 2 days I just started getting an email when I first get in.

It's from Blackberry Assistant and says something along the lines of "Welcome, today's date is..."

It started literally 2 days ago out of nowhere. It happens in all my families' vehicles. It just makes no audible noise.

Posted via CB10
    The assistant thing you CAN turn off in bluetooth settings. Maybe that's the one being referenced???

Settings --> Networks and Connections --> Bluetooth --> Configure (button on action bar) --> Today View Message

Give that a go...

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 04:16 AM