Hey guys,

I read a lot about syncing BB10 Calendar with Outlook - but I still can't manage it. It works one-way well, from Outlook to BB, but not the other way - even though i chose bi-directional sync in Link. It worked one time at the beginning, but not anymore.

I recovered my BB several times and my PC also - but that was not the solution. Does anyone know what the problem is? Maybe because I am not using a Hotmail directly from Microsoft but one from GMX.de?

Further more: How do I sync those three calenders: BB-GMX-Outlook?

Greetings, Akis.
    01-22-15 04:00 PM
    When you created outlook in the phone you toggled the switch for syncing?

From Classic
    train82499 likes this.
    01-22-15 04:17 PM
    What do you mean with creating outlook? When i added my GMX-Account to outlook on the pc?
    01-22-15 04:28 PM
    Add your outlook email account to your phone via the accounts settings, and make sure sync for calendar is turned on. I believe that does a 2-way sync...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-22-15 04:59 PM
    I just tested it out, I can verify it's a 2-way sync for outlook.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-22-15 06:12 PM
    I believe the OP is referring to the Outlook desktop program -- not an Outlook.com ActiveSync account. There's a huge difference.
    01-22-15 06:23 PM
    Akis,

I took a look at the GMX.de site, but couldn't find a reference to setup. About a year ago, I helped a friend set up a GMX.com account -- they should be similar. If I recall correctly, the GMX calendar has to be set up using the Advanced > CalDAV calendar option in BB 10.

Syncing your GMX calendar directly to your device rather than syncing to desktop Outlook then to your device will certainly reduce the chance of sync errors, as well as being able to sync on the go.
    01-22-15 06:32 PM
    Thanks for all your quick replies!

I still can't find a solution and am a bit confused - i think I should sum up the facts clearly:

- My Email is a german GMX mail (free)
    - I am using Outlook to organize/sync/write with this Mail, not a real Microsoft one, but i have a Microsoft Account using that GMX adress
    - My aim: keeping all those calenders synced. If I add anywhere an apointment, I want it to appear on every calendar.

- Further more: I am using a tablet with Win8.1. There is a calendar app - Is it possible at least to sync this one with my BB Classic?

I searched all the options in Outlook, but can't find what I want. I also try to add my "GMX-Outlook-Account" to BB, but I don't know what Domain and Server to type in - would that be that one from GMX? Or does Outlook then use an own one to manage my GMX-Account? o.O

Even trying to add a caldav-account to the Classic won't work, saying my account could not be veryfied...
    01-23-15 08:39 AM
    I think you'll have to contact GMX.de customer service to get the settings. I took a quick look aonline and can't find them.
    01-23-15 09:15 AM
    OP, I'm not sure if the free GMX mail service allows a calender sync option. You could put for the following solution:

1. To sync your GMX mail on your BB setup an IMAP account. The servers for GMX are:

Incoming: imap.gmx.net
    Port: 993

Outgoing: mail.gmx.net
    Port: 465

2. To get a synced calender on BB, tablet and desktop Outlook client setup an email address on the "outlook.com " domain. This is not the same as having a Microsoft account where you can use any mail domain as your account ID. With the outlook.com email ID you get free email, contact, tasks and calender sync. Just set it up as a "Microsoft Exchange Active Sync Account " on your BB, not as an IMAP account.

Although step 2 will give you a redundant additional email ID that you may not need it will also give you contact, calender and task sync across all of your devices.

I hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 09:53 AM
    Thanks for your replies!

Maybe I will make a new adress to use it just for the calendar...

I do not have problems with syncing my GMX Mails - they work fine on both BB and Outlook. It's just about the Calendar and that I want a all-synced system :/ mmh...
    01-24-15 04:10 AM
    Add your outlook account to your device (Or whatever the email you use on Outlook desktop). Sync all especially calendar. Save.

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-24-15 04:59 AM
    You must use www.outlook.com

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    01-24-15 05:11 AM
    I am trying...

Where do i set the sync-settings? It's just right after I add a new account downside, right? (every 30 Minutes, ...) It's all on.
    I even can see 2 Accounts, one from my PC and one from my Tablet, saying that it includes Contacs, Calendar and so on...

I made some screenshots - everything seems to be right. If not - what information do i put in where?How do I sync Outlook Calendar with BB Calendar?-img_20150124_124041.pngHow do I sync Outlook Calendar with BB Calendar?-img_20150124_124055.pngHow do I sync Outlook Calendar with BB Calendar?-img_20150124_124221.pngHow do I sync Outlook Calendar with BB Calendar?-img_20150124_124231.png
    01-24-15 05:49 AM
    Try this
    http://bb10outlooksync.com

Last edited by jdesignz; 01-24-15 at 07:34 AM.
    01-24-15 06:08 AM
    BlackBerry dropped the ball for those of us that use a desktop version of Outlook. The 9900 was much better at this, with a lot less effort.

Posted via CB10
    Droidophobe likes this.
    01-24-15 06:24 AM
    I use GMX mail and if I recall correctly, it is not possible to sync the GMX calendar - it doesn't offer CalDAV service - so you're not going to be able to get that working with a BlackBerry 10 device or any remote system; if you do let me know!
    The email works fine of course.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 06:59 AM
    I give it a try and I think it works only with Outlook/Hotmail (tasks aside from calendar).

01-24-15 07:01 AM
    Thanks for your replies guys - i managed it different:

i made an outlook-adress and it works fine - i chosed this one as the standard calendar - not the lokal one, cause the local one on BB can't be synced somehow :/ it works for me now - thanks.

GMX offers caldav-service, but still it doesn't seem to work with BB.
    01-25-15 12:26 PM
    I'm having the same issue as the OP, using outlook on a desktop PC. Changes to the calendar on the PC show on the phone, but new appointments on the phone don't appear on the PC.

Am I reading correctly that I'd have to use the web-based outlook.com calendar for 2-way event sync to work?
    01-29-15 08:33 PM
    BlackBerry dropped the ball for those of us that use a desktop version of Outlook. The 9900 was much better at this, with a lot less effort.

Posted via CB10
    The Outlook sync in BBOS was a workaround for POP email systems. More and more providers are moving away from POP as it just doesn't fit into a world where server storage is relatively inexpensive and people are using multiple devices to access their mail. In the enterprise and business worlds, POP is even closer to extinction. At this point, other than ISP emails almost any major email provider should offer at least IMAP. This won't sync your calendar, but it will keep any appointment requests in your inbox so that you can add them to multiple calendars.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 05:37 AM
    The Outlook sync in BBOS was a workaround for POP email systems. More and more providers are moving away from POP as it just doesn't fit into a world where server storage is relatively inexpensive and people are using multiple devices to access their mail. In the enterprise and business worlds, POP is even closer to extinction. At this point, other than ISP emails almost any major email provider should offer at least IMAP. This won't sync your calendar, but it will keep any appointment requests in your inbox so that you can add them to multiple calendars.

Posted via CB10
    Email hasn't been the issue as much as tasks, contacts, and calendars. Those aren't tied to my email account, but reside on my desktop in Outlook.

That is the sync that was dropped.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 12:19 PM
    I might suggest a 3rd party add-in. Thats what I use for Android and iPhone.
    Also seems to work for BB. called EVO Collaborator for Outlook. Might be worth taking a look at
    niss63 likes this.
    03-04-15 03:00 AM
    To get the outlook desktop program to sync its PST-held calendar data etc. with other apps, you need to be using a service like outlook.com. Visit slipstick.com for instructions on how to have desktop outlook share its data with the cloud outlook.com. When that is done, you point your other devices to that same outlook.com account and everything will sync up. Be sure to get the desktop-to-outlook.com part working perfectly before trying to connect other devices.
    11-06-15 11:05 AM