approx a few weeks ago my blackberry classic started giving me constant updates of new apps that are available for download from the app store. How do I stop these notifications? they are coming from blackberry appworld and there is no way I can find to disable these alerts on appworld.
    Last edited by tiredandwornout; 04-18-16 at 02:13 PM.
    04-18-16 02:02 PM
    I'm guessing they're coming from one developer. If that's true then find the app from that developer and disable the permission to send you the notifications.
    I'm guessing they're coming from one developer. If that's true then find the app from that developer and disable the permission to send you the notifications.
    04-18-16 02:08 PM
    they are not coming from one developer. Just from the blackberry appworld. I even turned off app world downloads and it still did not stop the notifications.
    04-18-16 02:16 PM
    How do I stop new app alerts?-img_20160418_160047.png

Bam son... WHAT
    04-18-16 03:01 PM
    thank you. If you could just tell me how to get to the screen that you display then I could implement your suggestion.
    04-18-16 04:39 PM
    thank you. If you could just tell me how to get to the screen that you display then I could implement your suggestion.
    Two finger swipe down from the top to access settings... tap notifications... tap normal.. the tap customize app notifications.

The problem with this is that you turn off ALL your BBW notifications and doesn't address the root cause. BBW doesn't send notifications for new apps which is why I'm suspecting you've downloaded an app and inadvertently given permission to periodically send notifications. I know at least a couple developers that implement the tactic. If you could provide a screen shot of the notifications that would help narrow it down rather quickly.
    04-18-16 05:11 PM
    I suppose the other possibility is you opted in to receive info about RIM and BlackBerry products and services and authorized third parties selected by RIM but that shouldn't be overwhelming. You can verify that by logging in to your BBW account settings on a PC or desktop mode.
    04-18-16 05:19 PM
    thank you so much. I will check it out. I did go into the notifications and apparently the sound was already on off but still sounding. So, I turned off all notifications. We'll see ... thank you again!
    semime likes this.
    04-18-16 05:53 PM
    thank you so much. I will check it out. I did go into the notifications and apparently the sound was already on off but still sounding. So, I turned off all notifications. We'll see ... thank you again!
    That only lends credence to the offending app being something other than BBW which is overriding your default settings. When it pops up again please provide the screenshot.
    04-18-16 07:29 PM
    the sound notifications finally stopped but I'm still receiving the app notifications. Here is a screenshot of the last oneHow do I stop new app alerts?-img_20160419_213603.png
    04-20-16 12:45 PM
    You're certain you don't have any other Appadora product in your device?

You can check against this: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/41366
    04-20-16 01:35 PM
    I do have the call blockr app. Do I need to remove it? Is that what is causing this? I really appreciate your help.
    04-20-16 04:41 PM
    At this point that would be my best guess. It's certainly worth a trial. You can always reinstall if it's determined not to be the culprit. Does that coincide with about the time you downloaded the app?

Uninstall the app, reboot and see if you continue to receive the notifications. I'm betting that should take care of it. Please do screenshot any new notifications though.
    04-20-16 05:05 PM
    that makes good sense. I'll give it a try. thank you again and I'll keep you posted if that does not do the trick.
    04-20-16 05:53 PM