Furthermore, I posted this solution in response to the original question. Now I am wondering if the originator of this post has tried my solution and if it worked. That would be the easiest way to confirm my findings. One thing I would recommend before wiping the phone is try to backup everything before doing this procedure as it cleans everything off.
    07-23-15 09:12 AM
    Furthermore, I posted this solution in response to the original question. Now I am wondering if the originator of this post has tried my solution and if it worked. That would be the easiest way to confirm my findings. One thing I would recommend before wiping the phone is try to backup everything before doing this procedure as it cleans everything off.
    When you wiped with Link, was Link signed in on the same account as the device?
    07-23-15 09:47 AM
    I went to Link help and read this "Your BlackBerry ID is a username (email address) and password used to access multiple BlackBerry products and services such as BBM and the BlackBerry World storefront. In many situations, your BlackBerry ID allows BlackBerry products to work seamlessly without prompting you to enter your username and password." You are very correct that Link may have entered the original password and allowed the wipe to occur. Very interesting. Hope BB informs customers when this similar problem arises.
    07-23-15 12:06 PM
    I wiped mine a couple days ago with link. When it finished I had to input my BBID or it wouldn't go any further. This was with me already being signed into link. If anyone else had used my computer already signed into link they could wipe my phone but if they didn't know my BBID they could do nothing else with the phone.
    07-23-15 12:19 PM
    Hmm, he's saying that he was able to set up back the device without inputting the original BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 03:24 PM
    Hmm, he's saying that he was able to set up back the device without inputting the original BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    This is one anecdote versus a well known and a well tested feature that has been given the acid test by people a lot smarter than any of us to comply with a new law.

I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm just sceptical. I think it's more likely that the OP may have inadvertently forgotten or missed something about his experience.

Occam's razor.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-23-15 03:30 PM
    well it should be as easy as contacting the seller and asking for the info. sounds stolen though.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 04:45 PM
    Hi frinends i sucessfully removed bb protection z10..i found bbz10 phone and i enterd password10 times so it is wiped..aftr that it asked bb user id and password which i dont know but now i did it bypassed bb protection what i ment to say is there is hole in it :-) u can remove bb protection in bb z10....i dont have any intention of keeping that phone i will return it as soon as the call me kept original sim in it :-)
    12-11-15 03:14 AM
    Hi frinends i sucessfully removed bb protection z10..i found bbz10 phone and i enterd password10 times so it is wiped..aftr that it asked bb user id and password which i dont know but now i did it bypassed bb protection what i ment to say is there is hole in it :-) u can remove bb protection in bb z10....i dont have any intention of keeping that phone i will return it as soon as the call me kept original sim in it :-)
    Just return it or leave it somewhere. You can't bypass it.
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-11-15 07:20 AM
    I bought a preowned blackberry classic today and the person who sold the phone did not disable anti-theft protection. Is it possible to remove the protection myself?
    03-13-16 06:46 AM
    Sounds like the original owner never activated antitheft protection. You cannot use the phone if protection is set and don't know the BlackBerry user and ID.

Chris - Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 10:25 PM
    I think that using command line you can to remove bbid anti theft
    04-05-16 09:56 AM
    No. Not without the password.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-19-16 12:12 PM
    How I can disable anti theft protection myself
    04-19-16 12:32 PM
    Again, you can't do it yourself.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-19-16 01:06 PM
    You can't, that's the point.
    rthonpm likes this.
    04-19-16 01:11 PM
    Dear Genius people, is there any way to find the email ID (BB ID) which one used for the first time to activated the BB ?

my phone was working fine i just did master reset and after that message is " anti theft is on please use the same id that was used to activate this device"

i know i can not bypass this but if i could find the user's email i may approach him

yes it is pre owned BB Classic
    06-15-16 06:10 AM
    I was in the same situation as you but I was the seller. In order to bypass antitheft/login screen, The buyer called me and I gave him my passcode and username (which I changed prior).

Then I told him he has one minute to security wipe my phone after log in or I would flag my phone stolen on blackberry protect website which locks your phone if it's stolen. After security wipe he can then be able to setup his phone with his own personal credentials!

Hope this twerks for you! Good riddance of my passport

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 01:40 PM
    is there any way to find the email ID (BB ID) which one used for the first time to activated the BB ?
    You can't.
    Last edited by conite; 06-15-16 at 02:00 PM.
    06-15-16 01:42 PM
    I was in the same situation as you but I was the seller. In order to bypass antitheft/login screen, The buyer called me and I gave him my passcode and username (which I changed prior).

Then I told him he has one minute to security wipe my phone after log in or I would flag my phone stolen on blackberry protect website which locks your phone if it's stolen. After security wipe he can then be able to setup his phone with his own personal credentials!

Hope this twerks for you! Good riddance of my passport

Posted via CB10
    Hi BLouang

I have the same issue. If I give the eBay buyer my BB ID and give him 5 mins to security wipe the device and then flag it as stolen on blackberry protect, would he still be able to use the phone because he already security wiped it ?
    07-09-16 10:39 AM
    You can wipe the device remotely without flagging as stolen via BlackBerry Protect. Once it is wiped, go to "manage devices" in order to disable the anti-theft feature.
    07-09-16 09:29 PM
    I just tried it.. and now I can't use my Phone anymore.. Im still having a problem on the anti theft protection, I'm stuck on the set up part. I can't access. I use the same blackberry ID and same password but still the anti theft is popping up after i press sign in!
    07-29-16 05:54 AM
    I bought a preowned blackberry classic today and the person who sold the phone did not disable anti-theft protection. Is it possible to remove the protection myself?
    09-25-16 10:59 AM
    I could remove anti-theft with these instructions. It is a bit technical, but doable.

Basically, you load an older device software, add your new Blackberry ID and then load the latest device software again:

Blackberry 10: Remove Anti-Theft Protection from Device | Basics for Computer Nerds!
    09-27-16 01:37 AM
    I could remove anti-theft with these instructions. It is a bit technical, but doable.

Basically, you load an older device software, add your new Blackberry ID and then load the latest device software again:

Blackberry 10: Remove Anti-Theft Protection from Device | Basics for Computer Nerds!
    Did someone test this?
    i tried it with a used bought Q10 and it does not work for me. I tried with severals autoloader and none worked... Just a fake?
    10-01-16 03:32 PM
71 123