Please help...I want to move a few icons to home screen. Like text, email and a few others i use all the time. But when I highlight and move icon to left to go to home screen it stops and icon returns to original location. I dont like that text and email are together in the hub and wanna be able to access those separately form my home screen. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
    03-23-15 08:11 AM
    The blank screen with the date on it isn't customizable. Either it's there when you have no apps open, or you can disable it (Settings > Display > Show Wallpaper When All Apps Are Closed to OFF) and have the first screen of app icons showing when no apps are open.

Separate access is best achieved through the Hub and Text Messages icons.
    donemt likes this.
    03-23-15 08:14 AM
    Rtfm
    03-23-15 09:49 AM
    As stated, the home page is blank, so what you could do was download an app that creates blank icons a.d create as many as you want and have your first page of apps all blanks plus the row of apps you want.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:09 AM
    How do I move icons to the home screen on the Classic?-img_20150323_114629.png

Used a blank icon app. Moved important most used to bottom as easier to reach.
    Other pages arranged as most used apps to least.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:52 AM
    Please help...I want to move a few icons to home screen. Like text, email and a few others i use all the time. But when I highlight and move icon to left to go to home screen it stops and icon returns to original location. I dont like that text and email are together in the hub and wanna be able to access those separately form my home screen. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
    Try a little lighter and deliberate touch and hold it near the edge for a moment until it flips to the other screen. It's definitely doable. I did this same thing with my home screen. Put all my fave apps and email, IM and text icons ther for easy access w/o going to hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:14 PM
    The home screen is not for icons. Like, really? LMAO, wow.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    "LMAO"? Really? The home screen is for Active Frames and you have the option to not show the home screen when there are no active frames running. It's really not that funny..

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:26 PM
    BlackBerry should make that available in next major update, 10.4?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lame response to a legitimate question. Instead of making condescending remarks, maybe you can enlighten us as to why a home screen cannot, or shouldn't, be customized to a users preference.
    03-25-15 12:06 PM
    I love that the home screen remains blank when zero active frames open. It's clean looking and shows the wallpaper. But it's great that it can be turned off in settings just as easily. Great to have choices!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 01:26 PM
    I recently acquired a BB Classic (10.3.1.1581) and was also disappointed to find that users could not create icons for email accounts and place them in any screen you want. I know how to navigate around the Hub, but personally I think it's a mess. From what I understand, the Home screen is sacred ground and off limits to personalization. Why?

Pretty basic user preference for any device, IMO.

I've been a BB user for 7 years and like you, enjoyed seeing the red splat message notifications from the home screen. I really don't see a great deal of difficulty for BB to install a "create short cut to home screen" option for any email or messaging account.
    03-25-15 01:56 PM
    I wonder if BlackBerry will ever bring back themes. That might make it possible to customize that active frame screen.

The fatal flaw with user-designable themes was that poorly coded ones could wreak all manner of havoc upon your BlackBerry.
    03-25-15 03:57 PM
    I recently acquired a BB Classic (10.3.1.1581) and was also disappointed to find that users could not create icons for email accounts and place them in any screen you want. I know how to navigate around the Hub, but personally I think it's a mess. From what I understand, the Home screen is sacred ground and off limits to personalization. Why?

Pretty basic user preference for any device, IMO.

I've been a BB user for 7 years and like you, enjoyed seeing the red splat message notifications from the home screen. I really don't see a great deal of difficulty for BB to install a "create short cut to home screen" option for any email or messaging account.
    You can turn off the empty home screen.
    You can leave active frames open, such as weather, to enable some basic customization.
    You can download apps which can mimic widgets and improve customization of the app pages.
    The hub is very simple to navigate, swipe to see all accounts, pick the hub to view all, or pick each separate account to view separately.
    Use the swipe up and to the right gesture to move quickly to your messages. Don't use the icons, they are just a crutch for helping you transition.
    03-25-15 11:30 PM
    I have had classic for one week and find the hub to be cluttered. I, too, would like to have a separate mail icon for email accounts on a page. Any suggestions? Thanks. Harmount
    04-29-15 04:24 PM
    From the hub, swipe your thumb over to the right from the left. Select Text or Email. There are you icons to separate the two.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-29-15 06:24 PM
    I have had classic for one week and find the hub to be cluttered. I, too, would like to have a separate mail icon for email accounts on a page. Any suggestions? Thanks. Harmount
    Read my above comment, and if you don't want to swipe, touching the bottom left icon with the little lines will bring that up too. You can rearrange the order of that list from the settings in the hub.

04-29-15 06:26 PM
    Ok, and to elaborate on this, here are some tips so the hub doesn't look cluttered:

Turn off phone calls from appearing in the hub. I hated that as well. Touch the 3 dots on the bottom right of the hub, and then select Settings -> Hub Management, scroll down to Calls, select it and then choose "Show in Separate Account Only"

Assign colors to the different accounts. I recognize different accounts by their icons, but assigning colors help as well.

Then rearranging the list there will rearrange how they appear when you open the list from the hub (by swiping right, or touching the lines icon on the bottom left)

If you want, you can have the other things like facebook and twitter and what-not also only appear in the separate accounts as well if you like.

I had legacy devices where everything was separate and I like the hub a lot more. It's together, but only as much as you want them to be since you can still separate the ones you want to separate...

SeeBeeEss and donemt like this.
    04-29-15 06:33 PM
    thanks so much for your detailed reply. I upgraded from a Torch. yes, I am a fossil. :-) I will get used to the changes over time. I really appreciate your help. Thanks. Harmount
    04-30-15 09:51 AM