Used to be able to arm and disarm my alarm system from my old Blackberry and for some reason my new and improved phone doesn't have an app for that. I've read about "extracting an APK and converting it to a bar" which is another language for me. Can anyone translate what that means? Downloaded the app but don't know what to do with it after that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    09-24-15 04:26 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

The bit about extracting APK & converting it to BAR is very outdated. An APK is an Android app and for the last 1.5 years or so, BB10 can install & run APKs directly without any conversion. This has been the case since release of OS 10.2.1. Any BB10 device will be updated to that or beyond. (Most are 10.3.1 or even 10.3.2 now.)
    BOTTOM LINE: You don't need to know anything about converting files, just where to obtain the Android app.

If you search the Forums for "vivint" you'll find a few threads already discussing this. It sounds like the app isn't that great anyway. One member says their mobile site via the BlackBerry Browser works better the Android app on his wife's Android phone:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11470200

Check out the Sticky Threads (locked threads at top of forum page) in our Android Apps Forum to get info on downloading an APK file. You'll either need one of the BB10 apps for Google Play (Snap or Cobalt's Playstore) or you can download it directly via your Browser using the Evozi APK-downloader website. Check them out first as there appears to be a few apps of theirs for Android, including a couple called Vivint and one called Alarm.com .

I hope that all helped!
    lpthomasson likes this.
    09-24-15 06:24 PM
    I just got Vivint installed in my home yesterday, and the tech couldn't install the app on my BlackBerry Passport. I used the browser to go to the Vivintsky.com website, and while on the log in screen, pressed on the blackberry menu dots on the lower right portion of the screen. When the menu came up, I pressed the "Add to Home Screen," option, renamed the icon "Vivint" and pressed "Save." That gave me a Vivint Icon on my home screen that I can use to easily log in and check activity, and it also allowed me to save my user name and password so I don't have to re-enter them each time, but I do not believe that will allow activity to be automatically sent to my phone. I suppose if I left the site open, it might. But I think that would lead to roaming charges and quickly eat up my AT&T allotted gigabytes--so I would not suggest that. If I find out anything else as I start to use the system, I will post an update.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:44 AM
    You can also set up Vivint main website log in to notify you when anything happens at home. Ex my office is at home and far away from front door, whenever door opens I get an instant notification text. I have it set up for all notifications whenever anything is opened or closed. doors, windows, garage doors, lights changed, temp changes alarms etc.
    Good luck That would help you as well.
    11-09-15 08:40 PM