Someone at work created and added me to a group text/chat. It is not BBM. Is there any way I can get myself out of this thing? I tried an app from Blackberry World (a text blocker) but it's useless....the group texts are still blowing up my phone.
    02-15-17 01:20 PM
    Someone at work created and added me to a group text/chat. It is not BBM. Is there any way I can get myself out of this thing? I tried an app from Blackberry World (a text blocker) but it's useless....the group texts are still blowing up my phone.
    The creator of the MMS broadcast text will need to end it.
    If you can, advise the one who started it to end it and if they start another to not activate the setting that allows all the users to reply to everyone else in the group text.
    If you can't get them to do this, you will have to block them and all the other numbers involved.

This, unfortunately is a "feature" of SMS/MMS and while very easily prevented, not something to easily fix.
    02-15-17 01:36 PM
    Thank you DaFoxGrey...how do I go about blocking the numbers? I have AT&T service. Is there an app in Blackberry World that actually works? I downloaded a free app called "SMS Blocker" but it's totally useless.
    02-15-17 01:45 PM
    Thank you DaFoxGrey...how do I go about blocking the numbers? I have AT&T service. Is there an app in Blackberry World that actually works? I downloaded a free app called "SMS Blocker" but it's totally useless.
    The SMS blockers only work by auto-ignoring and deleting the messages, not by stopping them from being delivered.
    You will need BB10 OS 10.3.0 or higher for the SMS/Call blockers to work.
    Personally, I use Power Tools app from BlackBerry World, as among it's many useful features and abilities, it does have messaging and call blocking, as per above.
    It is a premium app, but worth it in my opinion.

If you can live without SMS service, get AT&T to turn that off on your account.
    If not, have AT&T block the numbers in question:
    https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1009412 and https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1137805
    They offer free unlimited amount of numbers to block for up to 30days.... they may have a better service that doesn't require re-adding, ask them for more info. (I don't use AT&T, so I don't know all their features/services)
    02-15-17 02:40 PM