Youll need amodern browser sometimes ilike fennec some like kiwi
    A whatsapp version that runs is also now and then handy
    Bird10 igrann are native but its noticable that theres almost no modern app running onthe devices

Wonder how old iphones with support forever handle it

Its not always weak hardware
    Not for what the apps actually do
    Yeah,.but I only used it for calls texts and emails only..never fanatic of social medias

Posted via BlackBerry 10 Classic
    01-05-20 05:01 PM
    I agree! I've experienced the same issues, and I've now been at 0% for a little over 12 hours. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-20 09:42 AM
    A BlackBerry fix for a "data erase on restart" problem also fixed the battery charging problem. now able to recharge to 100% instead of just 60%. Just wish I had known about this earlier
    [url=http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?articleNumber=000036747&language=en_ US]
    01-29-20 02:37 PM
    just up this thread because i have the same issues. i try use the phone until it shut down
    07-23-20 11:05 AM
    so after changing for a new baterry I have the same issues and cycle count with old cyle of the old battery. i full discharge phone until the phone off. the charge full. no cycle count is to 1. and all work without issues
    07-24-20 06:54 AM
    I had this very issue and was ready to retire the Classic. What you have to do is open the back cover. Gently undo the 2 screws that bring the power supply from the battery. Then put it on charge. Then reconnect the battery supply. It will calibrate the battery and you will have a better idea whether or not you need a battery replacement. Don't forget to screw the the two screws back to the connector. Tip, the loosest point to Jimmy the back cover is by the the corner where the headset is. Do it gently as you go round the perimeter. There is some adhesive so this may take a while to loosen up. Get rid of cobalt store and any android side loaded app that drains your battery too. Hit me up at pin:2C100BF4 for more assistance on this topic.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-20 04:13 PM
    Hello. Is it normal for the batter to drain on standby at night. If I charge my blackberry full before I go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning it has drained on standby to something like 80%. So for the battery to drain 20% doing nothing seems crazy
    08-13-22 07:45 AM
    Hello. Is it normal for the batter to drain on standby at night. If I charge my blackberry full before I go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning it has drained on standby to something like 80%. So for the battery to drain 20% doing nothing seems crazy
    It might be trying to ping now depreciated BB servers.
    08-13-22 09:29 AM
    Is it the original battery? It may be time to replace it if the battery has started to deteriorate, faster discharge can be a sign it’s on its last legs.
    08-13-22 10:59 AM
    I dont know if I is original battery. I think it is. If it's not normal for the battery to drain 20% in the night then I'm going to buy new battery. Just wanted to ask you cause I don't know how Blackberrys are. This is my first blackberry I bought it a week ago. And do u guys know any good working site that u can buy unlock codes. Need to unlock it so I can run my simcard in it
    08-13-22 01:24 PM
    What does that mean?
    08-13-22 01:25 PM
    What does that mean?
    I assume you’re asking Ben.xfg, you should use the reply button so it’s clear to whom you are addressing the question.

If my assumption is correct then Ben is referring to the fact that all BB phones contact the BB servers on a regular basis to check your ID etc. Now the BB servers are shut down, as from 4th January this year, the phone no longer receives a response so it sends another request and so on which can drain the battery quite quickly.

I’m not sure this is the problem you are experiencing if you have your phone in standby with the radios off, in my opinion it’s more likely to be an ageing battery.

The battery is most likely the original which is now 6 or 7 years old as it isn’t an easily removable battery and either requires some tools and skill to replace or you’ll need to take it to a repair shop who’s willing to do it for you.
    08-14-22 04:45 AM
    I assume you’re asking Ben.xfg, you should use the reply button so it’s clear to whom you are addressing the question.

If my assumption is correct then Ben is referring to the fact that all BB phones contact the BB servers on a regular basis to check your ID etc. Now the BB servers are shut down, as from 4th January this year, the phone no longer receives a response so it sends another request and so on which can drain the battery quite quickly.

I’m not sure this is the problem you are experiencing if you have your phone in standby with the radios off, in my opinion it’s more likely to be an ageing battery.

The battery is most likely the original which is now 6 or 7 years old as it isn’t an easily removable battery and either requires some tools and skill to replace or you’ll need to take it to a repair shop who’s willing to do it for you.
    I can shange the battery my self. I'm pretty good at that kind of stuff. Have done phone repairs sense the 90s. But thanks. I'll buy a new battery ond let's see if it fixes the problem
    08-14-22 06:56 AM
    I can shange the battery my self. I'm pretty good at that kind of stuff. Have done phone repairs sense the 90s. But thanks. I'll buy a new battery ond let's see if it fixes the problem
    Keep in mind that a "new" battery would have likely been manufactured a few years ago already so might not even have the capacity of a brand new battery from yesterday.
    08-14-22 11:30 AM
    Keep in mind that a "new" battery would have likely been manufactured a few years ago already so might not even have the capacity of a brand new battery from yesterday.
    Yes i know that. Do you kniw if there are other batteries that are newly Made. That are not old ones made by blackberry
    08-15-22 04:28 AM
    Yes i know that. Do you kniw if there are other batteries that are newly Made. That are not old ones made by blackberry
    I don't know why a company would do that unless the battery was also made to fit a different model. I suspect that it would still be for old device so I doubt it.
    08-15-22 06:40 AM
    I've bought "x-longer" earlier. Their batteries use to come with a guarantee. They have worked fine with my passports and extended battery life a lot. I guess they're still around.
    08-15-22 09:07 AM
    How much would a battery wear out sitting on a shelf? Maybe it's not so bad. I vaguely remember Duracells having a 10 year guarantee on the package. Different chemistry but maybe it's comparable for lithium.
    08-15-22 09:22 AM
    How much would a battery wear out sitting on a shelf? Maybe it's not so bad. I vaguely remember Duracells having a 10 year guarantee on the package. Different chemistry but maybe it's comparable for lithium.
    They can wear out over time just sitting around but the notion that just because a particular device is severely outdated and therefore any replacement battery must be sitting on a "shelf " for ages and ages, is just not necessarily the case. There are factories in China that are solely dedicated to producing batteries for older devices. These things are cheap, usually of reasonable quality now and totally worth trying if you must keep your old device. You can probably get a Classic battery for the massive sum of $20 or less. Not a huge burden if for some reason it is a dud. I've replaced Q10's, Classic, Passport (my own included) and the Z10 replacement all without ANY issue whatsoever.
    08-15-22 09:43 AM
    How much would a battery wear out sitting on a shelf?
    Between 0.5% and 2% per month depending on how it is stored.
    08-15-22 09:44 AM
    Between 0.5% and 2% per month depending on how it is stored.
    So best case/worst case is 5-25% a year, depending. Over 5 years...
    08-15-22 09:50 AM
    So best case/worst case is 5-25% a year, depending. Over 5 years...
    Although very few vendors properly store batteries in a deep freezer.
    08-15-22 09:53 AM
    Although very few vendors properly store batteries in a deep freezer.
    I feared that was coming. Is that real deep, like -80C?
    08-15-22 10:24 AM
    I've bought "x-longer" earlier. Their batteries use to come with a guarantee. They have worked fine with my passports and extended battery life a lot. I guess they're still around.
    Ok thanks. I'll buy that one.
    mikael11 likes this.
    08-15-22 10:35 AM
    I feared that was coming. Is that real deep, like -80C?
    I was being a bit facetious, but they should be stored around 5° celsius.
    08-15-22 10:52 AM
59 123