That too. But I assure you that there is no way that BlackBerry's infrastructure could process 60 million users+ (let alone the 200 million+ they would love to have) in today's high bandwidth world.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    Question, what do you think powers the cross platform BBM with video calling? The same NOCs that power BIS.

The only difference is BIS uses a custom APN instead of the carrier APN
    12-22-14 02:15 PM
    Question, what do you think powers the cross platform BBM with video calling? The same NOCs that power BIS.

The only difference is BIS uses a custom APN instead of the carrier APN
    But the bandwidth is there because there are not many still left on BIS, and they don't really use it anyway. I would also say that adoption of BBM video is not great.

I suppose we're high jacking this thread. I'll bow out now.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    12-22-14 02:19 PM
    Actually. In my outlook inbox I do have them separated into folder, but they are still coming into my phone. I guess there must have been a problem with the sync?

For example, I'm in recruitment, and received an exorbitant amount of job applications a day. I have a folder in my outlook that automatically puts these in a different folder. In my BB Classic, these emails are coming through to my inbox. I guess this is a different problem all together.
    How is your email setup on your phone, active sync or IMAP? If your work email is an exchange server, you can probably have them filter on the server and have only the in box display on the phone. You will still be able to access the mail filed in the other folders via the phone if you need them.
    12-22-14 02:41 PM
    How is your email setup on your phone, active sync or IMAP? If your work email is an exchange server, you can probably have them filter on the server and have only the in box display on the phone. You will still be able to access the mail filed in the other folders via the phone if you need them.
    Thanks. It is a corporate server, so I feel like I'm going to have to go into my email settings a bit more on my actual Outlook. It might take some time, but I might be able to Macgyver something out of it.
    12-22-14 03:05 PM
    Sounds like exchange. The filters created using Outlook are actually created and applies server side.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 03:16 PM
    Sounds like exchange. The filters created using Outlook are actually created and applies server side.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't that mean the device and outlook would sync instead of acting separate and different?
    12-22-14 03:20 PM
    Yes, but the folder settings on the device for syncing don't propagate into outlook itself. So if the user creates a filter to move the desired messages into the "Work only" folder and stop his BlackBerry from syncing this folder, the could end up with the results desired.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 03:23 PM
    Wrong, the Legacy user numbers are still higher then BB10 users after 2 years and 7 different models of BB10 devices released.

People left to other platforms for many other reasons, BIS and BIS features were things they missed and appreciated.
    Yes and no. It's been 3 quarters now where BB10 has out sold legacy devices.

And the folks did leave. Went to platforms that do NOT have BIS. Clearly didn't value it enough.

So, yes there is a small faction, dropping everyday that wants BIS but not enough number for BlackBerry to be profitable.

So back to not a bug but design decision. And guess what, other than getting another 9900 from a dwindling supply there is NO option on the planet. ANYWHERE!!

So the options are:

1. buy as many 9900 as you can use until they last

2. Adept and move to BB10 which is superior in many ways and still the best device for communication bar none

3. Stay bitter and twisted using whatever it is one wants to use.

Posted Via The Classic
    12-23-14 06:41 PM
    Thanks. It is a corporate server, so I feel like I'm going to have to go into my email settings a bit more on my actual Outlook. It might take some time, but I might be able to Macgyver something out of it.
    Not sure if this helps, but I have a couple dozen rules and folders setup on outlook. All my emails show up in my inbox on the Z30, but when I read them, or tap them to be "read" they get filed into their folders per the rules. I haven't figured out a way to send them to the folders on my phone, and doesn't look like you can from what read here. But, I do like seeing all my emails on the phone as I would forget to look into folders.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 08:34 PM
    Not sure if this helps, but I have a couple dozen rules and folders setup on outlook. All my emails show up in my inbox on the Z30, but when I read them, or tap them to be "read" they get filed into their folders per the rules. I haven't figured out a way to send them to the folders on my phone, and doesn't look like you can from what read here. But, I do like seeing all my emails on the phone as I would forget to look into folders.

Posted via CB10
    Would you kindly elaborate about where (Outlook on the desktop vs. BB) you're tapping them as 'read'? Additional elaboration about your system in general, as well as some potential screen shots or sample rules, would be greatly appreciated. I'm struggling to root out superfluous e-mails before they reach the BB Classic ... even if that means spending time on Outlook filters. //AP
    02-20-15 02:51 PM
35 12