Okay so I have my blackberry classic on lock in my pocket and then I get a call from police stating that I had just called them and they realized that it was a pocket dialed call. I thought everything was fine after the call until I realized that you actually have to type in the number after pressing emergency call on the lock screen. For example if you press emergency call then you have to actually dial 911 for it to make the call.

This isnt a big problem but I would like to figure out how the heck did I press the emergency icon then pocket dial 911 all while my hands were not in my pocket? Has anybody else come across this problem?
    03-06-15 12:43 AM
    Was your keyboard locked? Your screen?
    03-06-15 05:28 AM
    Probably when the lockscreen popped up. The option to make an emergency call is there.

The Classic
    03-06-15 10:20 AM
    Confess why you have done it.
    03-06-15 11:05 AM
    this happened to me 3 times in one month with my Q5 it was terrible.

emergency calling on the classic I think is done by pressing and holding the dia kee on the lock screen.

its really dumb but it has to be stupidly easy to do.

I make sure that my device goes into the chest pocket of my jacket or jeans with keyboard facing out.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:10 PM
    also calls to emergency are not logged by your phone so you wont know when the call was made because it will be absent from the log.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:12 PM
    There is a new app called PocketSafe now
    available in BlackBerry World that prevents your phone from accidentally doing anything while in your pocket, even if you forget to lock the screen. PocketSafe is the only solution and it works perfectly on my Passport. It not only prevents pocket calling but also protects you from muting or dialing when you press the phone to your face during a call.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:29 PM
    available in BlackBerry World that prevents your phone from accidentally doing anything while in your pocket, even if you forget to lock the screen. PocketSafe is the only solution and it works perfectly on my Passport. It not only prevents pocket calling but also protects you from muting or dialing when you press the phone to your face during a call.

Posted via CB10
    Wow working hard, eh

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    07-28-15 11:48 PM
    Not sure if this is why, but a few years ago I heard holding down the #1 button will auto dial 911. I do not wish to test this, but has anyone else heard of this?
    07-30-15 02:44 PM
    On an earlier version of BB10 the emergency button on the lock screen would auto dial 911 ( in Canada at least). I once had the not-so-fun experience of being called by police for a pocket emergency dial as well.

The funny thing is that when I said I had not called intentionally, the immediate response was "is it a blackberry?". The officer then proceeded to tell me "this happens a lot with BlackBerrys.". Made me quite paranoid about the lock screen for a while.

I've been told that this behaviour was changed in an update over a year ago, but I'm not about to test it :-)

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 06:26 PM
    Have that too but just **** dial non emergency numbers... any way to set the phone to only wake up via a lock button? Disable keyboard (also have the swipe to unlock feature off)...
    07-30-15 08:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is an alternative to PocketSafe for non-Passport users, a magical thing called a holster, which prevents you from needing to put your phone in your pocket - while also giving it greater protection.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-31-15 02:58 PM