Not very much in my opinion, or factually really.

Old Blackberrys :

Convenience keys
    Curved Physical Keyboard
    Removable Battery
    Tool belt :
    - Call
    - Menu
    - Trackpad
    - Back
    - End Call

BlackBerry Classic :

No convenience keys
    No Curved keyboard
    - Keyboard is Q10 Format
    Non-removable battery
    Tool belt :
    - Call
    - Menu
    - Trackpad
    - Back
    - End Call

I'm sure I'm missing things. Care to add?
    I just don't find the Classic very "classic" it has a utility belt like the legacy devices, that's it.

I was a big BlackBerry Classic fan when I saw the initial images. I had no interest in the Passport. Now I want the Passport and I'm sort of on the fence about the classic. Anyone else a little taken aback by the design? The lack of convenience keys alone bother me.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-29-14 01:44 PM
    Yes it's classic because there is toolbelt, no curved keyboard yes but the experience with a non curved keyboard Is better than curved keyboard like people say. It's a newest generation of Bold series so it's Classic
    How "Classic" is the Classic-img_20141029_185419.png

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:49 PM
    When comparing your two lists, I think the average person, if they were never told what this device was or what brand made it, just from reading the list only, would call the 2nd list as the next iteration of what the 1st started.

It feels very Classic to me. If they called the Passport a Classic I'd be upset, it's hardly a throwback to prior devices (good thing). Similarly, if they re-released the bold with same external housing, shape, design, and slightly tweaked internals, I'd be upset at calling it a Classic as that wouldn't be a throwback to the prior device, but just a Bold version 2.0
    jas1978 likes this.
    10-29-14 03:05 PM

Old Blackberrys :

Convenience keys
    Curved Physical Keyboard
    Removable Battery
    Tool belt :
    - Call
    - Menu
    - Trackpad
    - Back
    - End Call

BlackBerry Classic :

No convenience keys
    No Curved keyboard
    - Keyboard is Q10 Format
    Non-removable battery
    Tool belt :
    - Call
    - Menu
    - Trackpad
    - Back
    - End Call

I'm sure I'm missing things. Care to add?
    I just don't find the Classic very "classic" it has a utility belt like the legacy devices, that's it.

I was a big BlackBerry Classic fan when I saw the initial images. I had no interest in the Passport. Now I want the Passport and I'm sort of on the fence about the classic. Anyone else a little taken aback by the design? The lack of convenience keys alone bother me.

Contact charging points for cradle charging. Lighted track belt?
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-29-14 03:28 PM
    Yes it's classic because there is toolbelt, no curved keyboard yes but the experience with a non curved keyboard Is better than curved keyboard like people say. It's a newest generation of Bold series so it's Classic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141029_185419.png 
Views:	1016 
Size:	260.7 KB 
ID:	310464

Posted via CB10
    That's a matter of opinion. Try again.

10-29-14 05:27 PM
    That's a matter of opinion. Try again.

So far everything has been a matter of opinion...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    10-29-14 05:54 PM
    He didn't state it as an opinion. He claimed the experience of the q10 kb better as a fact. I don't understand why you folks join up on a thread that you don't even wish to be a part of. Instead of clicking the back button you feel it's your duty to bash the OP for starting a thread you couldn't care less about. Trying to increase your post count or something?

Mr4aces likes this.
    10-29-14 06:41 PM
    He didn't state it as an opinion. He claimed the experience of the q10 kb better as a fact. I don't understand why you folks join up on a thread that you don't even wish to be a part of. Instead of clicking the back button you feel it's your duty to bash the OP for starting a thread you couldn't care less about. Trying to increase your post count or something?

The thing with this is that it's too subjective. Some people prefer the bb10 touch keyboard over everything else some people prefer curved or straight keyboard over everything else. Vs the issue of PPI or battery size which is a clear cut example of what is better.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 06:47 PM
    You're right, he did state it factually instead of as an opinion. Oh, wait, I quoted the wrong person...

10-29-14 06:55 PM
    I could live without charging contacts IF it has wireless charging. Those charging contacts were a major reason I enjoyed my first 2 or 3 BlackBerry phones.

From the Z30
    10-29-14 06:56 PM
    The thing with this is that it's too subjective. Some people prefer the bb10 touch keyboard over everything else some people prefer curved or straight keyboard over everything else. Vs the issue of PPI or battery size which is a clear cut example of what is better.

Posted via CB10
    This I agree with. I prefer a physical keyboard. Wife prefers full touch but not too big. Blackberry did so well with the curved kb for so long which is why I was surprised when I saw the the first Q10 photos show the kb was 100% aligned. Just curious as to the point in which consumers said the curved kb wasn't for them. I never heard a complaint. Ever. But to each his own, like you said. Everyone has a different preference. That convenience key, or lack thereof just bums me out most.

Mr4aces likes this.
    10-29-14 07:00 PM
    You're right, he did state it factually instead of as an opinion. Oh, wait, I quoted the wrong person...

You and your constant sarcasm, don't you have anything better to do? Or are you stalking and jacking other members threads too?

10-29-14 07:02 PM
    This I agree with. I prefer a physical keyboard. Wife prefers full touch but not too big. Blackberry did so well with the curved kb for so long which is why I was surprised when I saw the the first Q10 photos show the kb was 100% aligned. Just curious as to the point in which consumers said the curved kb wasn't for them. I never heard a complaint. Ever. But to each his own, like you said. Everyone has a different preference. That convenience key, or lack thereof just bums me out most.

I don't think the lack of a convenience key will be an issue when I believe you can set the pause button as your convenience key. Also I believe that every key is programmable for a specific shortcut.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 07:03 PM
    You and your constant sarcasm, don't you have anything better to do? Or are you stalking and jacking other members threads too?

Would you have preferred me to simply reply with "Kettle, meet pot"?

10-29-14 07:07 PM
    Would you have preferred me to simply reply with "Kettle, meet pot"?

Lol. I'd rather you not reply at all because honestly you're pretty annoying.

10-29-14 07:10 PM
    Lol. I'd rather you not reply at all because honestly you're pretty annoying.

Ok, I'll let someone else point out the fact that you're accusing someone of doing exactly what you did to begin with. I can't be the only one to have noticed it. :-)

10-29-14 07:11 PM
    So, maybe you misread what I typed or maybe, I mis typed? Wouldn't it be more pleasant for you to ask me to clarify something?

10-29-14 07:14 PM
    This thread started circling the drain hours ago. Bickering has no place in a public forum folks.

Can a mod please lock and delete this thread?
    10-29-14 07:24 PM
    So, maybe you misread what I typed or maybe, I mis typed? Wouldn't it be more pleasant for you to ask me to clarify something?

I'm sorry your thread turned into fighting and bickering. I didn't agree with your opinion, but was enjoying a civil discussion and hoped others would jump in the same. I enjoy hearing opinions that differ from mine, and I'm sorry this turned into a minefield.
    10-29-14 07:25 PM
    I'm sorry your thread turned into fighting and bickering. I didn't agree with your opinion, but was enjoying a civil discussion and hoped others would jump in the same. I enjoy hearing opinions that differ from mine, and I'm sorry this turned into a minefield.
    Thank you. I appreciate the value of your input as well. Just because we disagree doesn't mean that we have to hate each other. I know that at times I can post something that may be read as rude but I rarely mean it to come out that way. It is what it is. We're all part of a great crackberry forum, just wish there wasn't so much fighting in nearly every thread.

Again, thanks. I really appreciated your above post. Mod closing the thread would be nice.

anon1091977 likes this.
    10-29-14 07:31 PM
    As you wish OP thread closed
    10-29-14 07:38 PM