Hello guys,
    I am the proud owner of a new Blackberry Classic. It is a wonderful device and I am very happy with its functionality.

However, I am electrosensitive and since starting using the Classic I have been suffering from:

*Ear popping;
    *Slight dizziness; and
    *Mild intermittent headaches.

(These symptoms are not unique to the Classic. I have had issues with phones from other manufacturers.)

I have taken the following actions:

*Turned off the NFC radio;
    *Turned off Wi-fi;
    *Turned off 4G by selecting 3G/2G networks only;
    *Enabled flight mode as much as possible; and
    *Minimised the screen brightness.

Is there anything else that I can do to reduce or eliminate these symptoms?

I love this phone and do not wish to return it. I would be sincerely grateful for any guidance you can offer.

P.S. I have not removed the screen protector or rear plastic sheet that it shipped with (just mentioning this in case it makes any difference).
    03-07-15 06:08 AM
    You aren't by accident James mcgill's older brother, are you?

Hm I don't know but after turning off all radios: turn off the phone?
    Or get an iphone 4, they had some weak antennas when I rememer correctly

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:23 AM
    You aren't by accident James mcgill's older brother, are you?

Hm I don't know but after turning off all radios: turn off the phone?
    Or get an iphone 4, they had some weak antennas when I rememer correctly

Posted via CB10
    I did have an iPhone 4S, but this gave me other problems. Because I am electrosensitive I have to avoid large touchscreens. I don't have a tablet, either.
    03-07-15 06:30 AM
    Q10? Maybe the smaller battery and display will work for you better

Posted via CB10
    Marijo_Varna likes this.
    03-07-15 06:38 AM
    Could do...I just wonder if I am missing something here. I don't see why there would be an issue with the radios because most of the time they are off, so as you say it could be do to with the screen. There is a fair bit of dust on the screen protector - I don't know if that could have any impact.

Re: antennas, a strong antenna should actually reduce SAR by obtaining better signal...but who knows?
    03-07-15 06:52 AM
    Additionally, I am using a stylus to interact with the touchscreen, so I would have thought that would help minimise any issues arising on that front...
    03-07-15 06:56 AM
    in that case, the solution is to have it as far away from your body as much as possible. Put in in your bag and not in your pocket. use bluetooth or earpiece when making or answering calls. and when its time for bed, put it away and not bring it anywhere near you.
    Marijo_Varna likes this.
    03-07-15 07:13 AM
    You could try using Voice Assistant with a bluetooth earpiece but if I were you I would google this because I doubt many people here know much about this. I don't think I would keep the original plastic on the phone but whatever helps. You could get a full body skin and an otterbox case, There's also a company that waterproofs your phone with some kind of spray.

Do all of the above! Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Marijo_Varna likes this.
    03-07-15 07:21 AM
    These are great tips - thank you all so much!

The strange this is that I do not use the phone for calls, and most of the time it is either in my bag or a few metres away from me. So Bluetooth etc. theoretically shouldn't be an issue.

I do not think that it is connected to SAR because a few years ago I had much worse symptoms with a Nokia E7, which had a very low SAR rating.

It's a real mystery!
    03-07-15 07:30 AM
    Is there anything else that I can do to reduce or eliminate these symptoms?
    Yes there is now a proven option that is very safe for people who suffer such symptoms.
    Firstly make sure your phone is off completely.
    Secondly, get yourself a safe, place your phone in there and securely lock the door.
    Finally, leave your house and never return.
    If you follow these steps, I guarantee you will no longer have any more problems.
    03-07-15 08:01 AM