Hello. I know many users have had this same issue, and I have searched the forums, but have been unable to find a solution. I recently purchased a Classic. At the time of purchase, I had to turn in the phone in order to receive a $300 credit from Verizon. Before turning it in, I created a backup file using Desktop Manager on my Macbook. I was under the impression that like previous devices, I could restore the backup file to my new device.

I have downloaded BlackBerry Link on both my Mac and PC. When I attempt to restore my Classic with this data, the software does not recognize the bbq file from my 9900. On the BlackBerry website, it states:

"If the previous smartphone is not available, a backup file can be used. Complete the following steps to migrate data using a backup file to the Blackberry 10 smartphone.

Note: This option is only available on Windows based computers at this time.

Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
    At the bottom of the BlackBerry Link screen, press the up arrow to the right of the name of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    Select Restore > Restore from backup file > Legacy Device Backup Files.
    Select the desired backup file.
    Select the data to restore to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone. To restore all supported data, select the Restore all data check box.
    Note: For a description of the BlackBerry smartphone databases, refer to KB03974.
    Click Restore."

Unfortunately, on the PC version of Link, there is no option to "Restore from backup file > Legacy Device Backup Files." Was this option phased out? My question is, how can I restore this bbq file from my 9900 to my Classic if the phone is no longer present? Someone help please! I don't have another blackberry available that I could put the 9900 file back on to and connect to Link. Thank you in advance!
    12-29-15 11:31 PM
    Hello. I know many users have had this same issue, and I have searched the forums, but have been unable to find a solution. I recently purchased a Classic. At the time of purchase, I had to turn in the phone in order to receive a $300 credit from Verizon. Before turning it in, I created a backup file using Desktop Manager on my Macbook. I was under the impression that like previous devices, I could restore the backup file to my new device.

I have downloaded BlackBerry Link on both my Mac and PC. When I attempt to restore my Classic with this data, the software does not recognize the bbq file from my 9900. On the BlackBerry website, it states:

"If the previous smartphone is not available, a backup file can be used. Complete the following steps to migrate data using a backup file to the Blackberry 10 smartphone.

At the bottom of the BlackBerry Link screen, press the up arrow to the right of the name of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    Select the data to restore to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone. To restore all supported data, select the Restore all data check box.
    Note: For a description of the BlackBerry smartphone databases, refer to KB03974.
    Click Restore."

Unfortunately, on the PC version of Link, there is no option to "Restore from backup file > Legacy Device Backup Files." Was this option phased out? My question is, how can I restore this bbq file from my 9900 to my Classic if the phone is no longer present? Someone help please! I don't have another blackberry available that I could put the 9900 file back on to and connect to Link. Thank you in advance!
    I have 2 .bbb files... address book and wifi and from my old 9810 and I can restore them to my classic using BB link, sometimes takes time to load the files and need to close the program and then try again until it loads.
    if you want to restore address book, you can use bluetooth (first connect to each other) and transfer all the contacts in one step.

Regards

Click Restore."

I have 2 .bbb files... address book and wifi and from my old 9810 and I can restore them to my classic using BB link, sometimes takes time to load the files and need to close the program and then try again until it loads.
    if you want to restore address book, you can use bluetooth (first connect to each other) and transfer all the contacts in one step.

Regards
    12-30-15 03:38 AM
    Thank you! I'll give it a shot, hopefully it works.
    01-01-16 05:48 PM
    On your new Classic, please go to settings, then to Blackberry Protect (activate it), then select restore at the bottom of your screen. Hopefully you backed up your 9900 with BB Protect

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 10:59 PM