Each time I record a video, even a one minute video file size exceeds 100 mb. That, while recording at 720p setting. Obviously such a large file size means that I can't share the video to either BBM or whatsapp.

Is their a way to record videos while ensuring that the file size is small?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 02:07 AM
    Try using the Video Shrinker app in BlackBerry World. I've used it and it seemed to work pretty well.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    04-11-15 05:36 AM
    You can time videos in relation to their size (15 second = 50 mb) and film accordingly.

Or got to file manager - videos - choose the vid - tap settings - zip, then send.
    jamesharmeling and MrGabriel like this.
    04-11-15 08:38 AM
    Try using the Video Shrinker app in BlackBerry World. I've used it and it seemed to work pretty well.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    I use Video Shrinker too. Will try the zip file option. Or upload to YouTube and share.

Posted via Classic
    04-12-15 08:59 AM
    Zipping the file doesn't serve the purpose, I'd like to share the file to Whatsapp and BBM, so sending it as a zip file is really not efficient. Why do some simple things as these at times require 3rd party apps?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 09:29 AM
    Zipping the file doesn't serve the purpose, I'd like to share the file to Whatsapp and BBM, so sending it as a zip file is really not efficient. Why do some simple things as these at times require 3rd party apps?

Posted via CB10
    You should really just upload it to box then send a link.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 09:32 AM
    I also use Video Shrinker, it gets the work done, yet it of course is a one-time investment to buy the app. Not the most beautiful designed UI for sure but it works. You get a preview which guesses how large the output file will be. That guess is not 100% accurate but it comes pretty close to the final result.
    Besides lowering the resolution to, for example 360p, you can also reduce the general quality to decrease file size any further.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:25 PM
    Thanks i'll give it a try.
    At times such small things do become a major irritant.
    Have my friends moving around flashing their android phones. Recording videos and sharing on the go!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:32 PM
    Thanks i'll give it a try.
    At times such small things do become a major irritant.
    Have my friends moving around flashing their android phones. Recording videos and sharing on the go!

Posted via CB10
    I sure understand your frustration, I was also kind of disappointed when I noticed BB10 has no options built-in to shrink the video. Great we have all those HD filming capacities yet no included way to compress the videos. Not everybody has huge data plans, let alone speedy internet connections to always share huge double digit megabyte videos.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 10:54 PM