Oooops! Forgot this: Decided to do a battery pull on my Classic before I sent it back, just to take a look, and what a surprize! I don't know what you'd find, but there were several flat lead fishing sinkers down at the keyboard end of mine, maybe causing double typing or the backlighting stuff; who knows? But for sure they make the thing a lot heavier, which never really bothered me, but I threw them out to save on return postage.

Psssssssssssssssssssssssych!!! ;-))
    Last edited by Keyboard Kultist; 04-26-15 at 08:44 PM.
    04-26-15 02:08 AM
    People, they hate changes. That's why apple make minimal changes to their phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 02:38 AM
    I like my BlackBerry Classic, but that lack of options and weak *** keyboard have ruined the experience for me. I still love it don't get me wrong but I feel it should have been even better. The buttons are so flimsy I feel like they'll die out any time while at the same time holding some cheap Curve and it feels really durable. I understand your need to want to return back but sooner or later the bold will be harder and harder to find and you can't always depend on it

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 02:50 AM
    People, they hate changes. That's why apple make minimal changes to their phone.

Posted via CB10
    So how's that working out for Apple?
    04-26-15 08:33 AM
    I like my BlackBerry Classic, but that lack of options and weak *** keyboard have ruined the experience for me. I still love it don't get me wrong but I feel it should have been even better. The buttons are so flimsy I feel like they'll die out any time while at the same time holding some cheap Curve and it feels really durable. I understand your need to want to return back but sooner or later the bold will be harder and harder to find and you can't always depend on it

Posted via CB10
    They make every part for the 9900 except the motherboard.

It will last as long as you want
    04-26-15 02:38 PM
    LOL. I'd say quite well!

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    04-26-15 04:38 PM
    Ok so op is going back to the 9900 because he doesn't know how to transfer files properly?

There are countless guides all over the board to help you with that.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 05:18 PM
    Millions and millions of units every second.
    04-26-15 05:35 PM
    This doesn't sounds like the fault of Classic. It's more of a system issue regarding migration from legacy to BB10.

Quality under the skin.
    04-26-15 06:02 PM
    Having visited a couple of forums for other OSs, and enjoyed membership on other fora for other subjects/objects for some time, and I've noticed three things:

1) The bigger the forum, the larger number of wingnut posters (duh).

2) The wingnut posters appear to fall into at least two categories, defensive and arrogant. Since both those reactions are fear-based usually, what are they afraid of?

3) It's truly amazing how few of the wingnuts seem to have even read much of the post to which they react. Either that, or their comprehension level is dangerously low. Yet these same people are probably allowed to operate a motor vehicle under the influence of their same ordinary delusions of competence as well.

On another forum, a poster reminds us that the average I.Q. is only 100 (!), and these bothersome members are sure evidence of that.

Probably oughta be an assessment process based on skill and ability to communicate in order to qualify for forum membership. Even a reading test would help.

Those have-nots can huddle in their own damp and unlit corner, pounding on their own devices with ignorant, club-like hands, grunting their foul, guttural hootings, whilst greasy Joan doth keel the pot.

Love,

K. Kultist
    04-26-15 09:13 PM
    Damn you 9900 users are hard to please. I had absolutely no issues going from the 9900 to a Z10.

Sent from my Passport
    Wow... It just seems some 9900 users are almost truly loving living in the forever past. I don't understand it...?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:51 AM
    Uhh, does anybody not understand that the apps on OS7 aren't the same apps as on BB10 and thus, you would never be able to transfer anything from one to the other as the OP was thinking he could?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-27-15 09:18 AM
    I may as well say this here in lieu of starting the loop all over again, but in my case I'm ready to re-un-migrate back to 7.1, as I finally grasp I'm just not the devoted fan a BlackBerry user .
    What are you talking about ? You haven't even mentioned a single problem with regards to the new phone, classic I'm assuming, that you got to replace the 9900.
    Os7 ended development 3 years ago I think. Isn't it obvious that you are 3 years behind on whatever the OS is at now? In tech terms, that may as well be a lifetime. That's why you think this is a complicated transition. Anyway there's no arguing with you obviously, you aren't asking for any help, just seems you're bothered by something but you cant be bothered to say what.
    04-27-15 09:45 AM
    What are you talking about ? You haven't even mentioned a single problem with regards to the new phone, classic I'm assuming, that you got to replace the 9900.
    Os7 ended development 3 years ago I think. Isn't it obvious that you are 3 years behind on whatever the OS is at now? In tech terms, that may as well be a lifetime. That's why you think this is a complicated transition. Anyway there's no arguing with you obviously, you aren't asking for any help, just seems you're bothered by something but you cant be bothered to say what.
    Other then contacts and calendar and I guess tasks, I don't see what else needs to migrated by bb and it's easily done from os7 to bb10.

As per above, bbos isn't outdated by a long shot. Just because it's 3yrs old is still current and very capable.. Apps aside and for many that's a non issue as they have a tab to cover that off. GPS is really prob the 1 killer app needed and bbos does have waze,, so you can have a functioning gps if needed.

What does a classic bb10 do that a bold os6-7 can not do or does better...

Just as fast on wifi
    Handles email better
    Can do gps
    Can make calls
    Can txt
    Can bbm
    Can single a device
    Touch screen bold if that flips your boat..
    Still has flash

Only thing bb10 is better at is larger screens but then that can be a negative too.
    Access to android apps.. Which arent perfect many times for bb devices. Plus, if you have a tab.. App gap is a none issue.
    Some sites don't load on native browser but with opera as well it's not very common.

So outside of apps, I see very little in it other a bloated os in bb10.

Now that no updates, battery pulls are actually rare in our experience the past long while.

It's really just about spending money to have the supposed latest and greatest with exception a few user who can really benefit from bb10 and be more productive but that represents less then 1% of the bb10 users truly benefit from the bb10 os over bbos.
    Last edited by diehardbbuser; 04-27-15 at 12:46 PM.
    Soapm likes this.
    04-27-15 12:36 PM
    Os7 ended development 3 years ago I think. Isn't it obvious that you are 3 years behind on whatever the OS is at now? In tech terms, that may as well be a lifetime..
    Don't that mean everything is fixed in the OS so there is no updates needed???

It's like having a perfect running car then saying, "but there's no recalls..."
    04-27-15 07:43 PM
    Don't that mean everything is fixed in the OS so there is no updates needed???

It's like having a perfect running car then saying, "but there's no recalls..."
    Like... I don't see very much wrong or needing fixes in bbos as compared to bb10 where there is a slew of know issues.
    Soapm likes this.
    04-27-15 10:38 PM
    Ah, happy to hear that you moved to BB10
    07-07-16 06:58 AM
42 12