Hello dear friends. I have a new classic, I finally got my dream phone. But my text messages keep deleting every few days. I was able to set my emails to keep forever, but I cand find any setting for SMS. Please help me.
    Thanks.
    Isssac
    Canada
    04-29-15 01:21 AM
    Sorry, I'm lost here...
    My sms never gets deleted, email never. I don't know a setting called keep forever, can't find it either. Why would any system decide to delete stuff just because time passes?
    Sorry not to be more helpful, but I'm mystified by your issue.

ოო fяσм му мιgнту ραѕѕρσят ოო
    04-29-15 07:32 AM
    Sorry, I'm lost here...
    My sms never gets deleted, email never. I don't know a setting called keep forever, can't find it either. Why would any system decide to delete stuff just because time passes?
    Sorry not to be more helpful, but I'm mystified by your issue.

ოო fяσм му мιgнту ραѕѕρσят ოო
    I think there is a setting somewhere. Mine is on forever too, but I remember seeing the setting before though... Or maybe I'm thinking of a different phone, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-29-15 08:06 AM
    Interesting that people want to keep some texts forever. I watch the TV show Border Security, and I am often amazed that the customs agents scan through people's email and refuse them entry based on what they have read. An example, they find an email saying they have a job in Canada (but they have no work permit). I think to myself "why did you leave anything on your phone that could cause you grief"? Nothing is private these days.
    04-29-15 09:17 AM
    Interesting that people want to keep some texts forever. I watch the TV show Border Security, and I am often amazed that the customs agents scan through people's email and refuse them entry based on what they have read. An example, they find an email saying they have a job in Canada (but they have no work permit). I think to myself "why did you leave anything on your phone that could cause you grief"? Nothing is private these days.
    Under the 4th Amendment, they would need consent or a warrant to search something where there is an "expectation of privacy." I'm not sure what the ruling of a mobile phone is, it might not be considered private, but if you have a password lock on it, then that is considered an expectation of privacy. Of course, they could probably just refuse you entry based on you refusing to give consent to look through your phone, lol. Either way, I think the smart thing to do is to not keep anything on your phone that can be incriminating... I keep my texts forever, and yes, I've gone back to messages sent/received many years ago before for certain things...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-29-15 10:41 AM