05-11-16 03:15 PM
29 12
tools
    Let's not steer into the stupid territory, because as of late that's what characterizes Crackberry. I will therefore apologise for my blunt manners and hope that whatever will follow will be constructive.

I haven't questioned your tastes, I made a statement that was valid for me and no, I do not appreciate that player and I believe it's overrated, but again, that is how I perceive it. Yet I see your point, because it's the only decent one in the wasteland of BlackBerry World.

I haven't called people dumb, it just seemed to me that the music app was getting praised by everyone for its outstanding qualities, when there are other alternatives, just as good or better, but not native. It's strikingly similar to how peer pressure acts on people - that's how I perceive it.

Ultimately, if we were to go to the source, the player would not bear the blame, but the OS (or rather its limitations and the audio hardware). No application, regardless of how well thought out it may be, can dramatically improve set boundaries of a closed down operating system.

Black Passport
    And when did I indicate that I am "pressured" by the opinions of my peers? In fact, if I remember correctly, I believe I stated the exact opposite that I couldn't care less if it is praised or criticized by others... But whatever, I guess I shouldn't expect you to remember every conversation...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-11-16 08:03 AM
    it's the fact that i have to fumble around for an hour every time to get it to shuffle all songs in a folder (at least the stock player has a "shuffle all" option).

and it's awful at album art.
    Remember that screenshot I posted before?

How can I fix a minor beef with the music player..?-img_20160508_082150.png

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking for, the symbol to the top right of the skip forward icon shuffles the play order of whatever folder or playlist you're listening to. And as you can see, album art works just fine for me.

But anyway, just wanted to point that out, if it's not good for you, then again, good luck on your search for one that fits your needs. If you find it, let us know which one you found is good.

05-11-16 08:07 AM
    Remember that screenshot I posted before?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160508_082150.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	399533

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking for, the symbol to the top right of the skip forward icon shuffles the play order of whatever folder or playlist you're listening to. And as you can see, album art works just fine for me.

But anyway, just wanted to point that out, if it's not good for you, then again, good luck on your search for one that fits your needs. If you find it, let us know which one you found is good.

Blackplayer has potential,
    but needs an official BB port.
    05-11-16 02:32 PM
    Blackplayer has potential,
    but needs an official BB port.
    Yah, that's not going to happen, lol.

05-11-16 03:15 PM
29 12