i've been trying other players for a month.
    nothing fits my needs.....

so i'm back to the stock player, and......

is there a way to always keep it on the "now playing" view?

as it is, it opens in library view, i click on the title at the top to go to "now playing" view, then when i'm down and press "back" to minimize it, it instead switches back to the library view.

is there a way around this?

seems like before, it always opened in the "now playing" view.
    05-07-16 04:14 PM
    give Blackplayer a try. can be found in the Google play store.
    totally replaced the native music application for me and it is quite fast.

posted via my Blueberry
    05-07-16 06:29 PM
    So I have tried this on my Q10, when I have it on the NOW PLAYING screen and I swipe UP to minimize it, I wait the 3+ seconds and it shows me what is playing and switches with the song, and when I open the minimized screen it stays on the NOW PLAYING screen.
    Only time it shows me the Library screen is when I very first open the music app.
    I don't have a BACK BUTTON as the Q10 is only gesture controlled. So try to minimize the player by swiping UP instead of hitting the BACK BUTTON and see if it still does it, just may be a CLASSIC thing with the tool belt. Just trying to remember the tool belt, but isn't the purpose of the BACK or RETURN button on the tool belt to take you to the previous screen? I could be just going senile LOL
    05-07-16 06:43 PM
    ...then when i'm done and press "back" to minimize it, it instead switches back to the library view.
    End key minimizes. Not the back key

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 07:39 PM
    give Blackplayer a try. can be found in the Google play store.
    totally replaced the native music application for me and it is quite fast.

posted via my Blueberry
    i've tried blackplayer from ap4k, but the google play store doesn't have a BB version.
    hence, no support.

and i like it, but have a few qualms.
    05-07-16 10:47 PM
    I use Neutron and I don't think it changes what screen it's on if you press the back button, it just minimizes.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-08-16 07:20 AM
    Using Neutron:

How can I fix a minor beef with the music player..?-img_20160508_082150.png

I press back and it minimizes:

How can I fix a minor beef with the music player..?-img_20160508_082159.png

Going back into the app it stays on the now playing.

essparky likes this.
    05-08-16 07:23 AM
    I use Neutron and I don't think it changes what screen it's on if you press the back button, it just minimizes.

tried Neutron.
    major fail.
    05-08-16 05:32 PM
    tried Neutron.
    major fail.
    Ok, it does exactly what you wanted in your original post, but if it somehow is a "major fail" to you then good luck on your search for another music player. I only use that one now so can't help you regarding any other ones, sorry.

05-08-16 06:53 PM
    Neutron ain't perfect, but if you really want to use your Classic for music there's no better choice! Yeah it's confusing (at first) just buy it and hang in there. Eventually you'll be amazed at just how well it handles your music collection. + With the right files (preferably flac) the sound quality will blow you away!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 12:44 AM
    Neutron ain't perfect, but if you really want to use your Classic for music there's no better choice! Yeah it's confusing (at first) just buy it and hang in there. Eventually you'll be amazed at just how well it handles your music collection. + With the right files (preferably flac) the sound quality will blow you away!

Posted via CB10
    yeah, it's more of an audiophile's thing.

i never connect my phone to any speakers or anything.
    the functionality drives me batty.
    05-09-16 02:32 AM
    yeah, it's more of an audiophile's thing.

i never connect my phone to any speakers or anything.
    the functionality drives me batty.
    But you don't HAVE to use the other features. Just keep it at default settings and just play your music with it...

05-09-16 07:03 AM
    If you don't mind Android apps, I'd suggest PowerAmp, Onkyo Music Player or Jet Audio, among others. You can even install the Sony Walkman app, but you won't get the audio enhancements and equalizer support.

Here are 2 links for android music players. They may be a bit old, but I'm pretty sure you'll find their latest versions on the Play Store or just by randomly doing a search.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ers-guide.html

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tags...g=music+player

Black Passport
    05-09-16 12:45 PM
    But you don't HAVE to use the other features. Just keep it at default settings and just play your music with it...

He may be stubborn about that, but Neutron is extremely overrated for what it offers, plus that 1900's interface... But each person has different preferences

Black Passport
    05-09-16 12:48 PM
    Neutron is extremely overrated for what it offers
    How so?

I agree the interface can be confusing (at first) though.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 03:25 PM
    He may be stubborn about that, but Neutron is extremely overrated for what it offers, plus that 1900's interface... But each person has different preferences

Black Passport
    I don't care about overrated or underrated since I don't really care too much what other people like or dislike but I've tried many different music playing apps and I find the quality on the sound of most of them pretty mediocre compared to Neutron. Even the ones with reviews claiming otherwise... But maybe my ear is just different than yours.

05-09-16 04:27 PM
    I don't care about overrated or underrated since I don't really care too much what other people like or dislike but I've tried many different music playing apps and I find the quality on the sound of most of them pretty mediocre compared to Neutron. Even the ones with reviews claiming otherwise... But maybe my ear is just different than yours.

I don't follow reviews, those are hyper subjective and may also be faked (as in paid). But as I've said, each person has different preferences.

I've participated in and started a few threads specifically discussing various music players on BlackBerry 10, as well as researching what DAC each bb10 device has, so I am not a stranger to this matter, as music is a very important of life generally for me and naturally, that extends to phones.

Moreover, you might have a different device, with different hardware, different perception of sound, different headphones with different frequency response and impedance that what I have, so nothing is objective.

You can't compare IEM's with full size headphones and even then you have to take into consideration the impedance, frequency response, power handling, all going through your source. Then you have to look at the source and after that at the player.

I may have been a bit blunt, but I offered my opinion on one of the music players I have tried, which you happen to like, through the point of view of my device (the Passport) ,which is no shining star in matters of audio performance (here I am referring only to headphone output quality and volume, the speakers are excellent).

I have tried Neutron both as an apk and as the android port on BlackBerry World, but in combination with the Passport, it did not impress me. Plus, it has a very limited offering in terms of equaliser bands, can store limited presets, it had a super annoying limiter on the preamp that would kick in whenever you lifted the fader to the max and return the volume to more manageable levels in order to avoid distortion even if there was no distortion and this happened automatically, which drove me nuts. Then there's the interface which resembles a 1978 casette tape player, which may be how the developer originally envisioned it, but it should have been optional and complemented by the use of skins to hide "the ugly" or have at least controls resembling the native player, slightly more modern.

Now even if Neutron has complex audio algorithms it won't be able to perform miracles on low bit audio, won't be able to bypass weak hardware and so on. I finally gave up trying to use the Passport as a portable player because (for me) it's not worth it. Plus, ever since the 9900, BlackBerrys sold in Europe have a volume restriction, stemming from a EU directive, so that people won't go deaf and there's no possibility to bypass it unless you have a rootable droid.

Finally, regarding other players, I agree with you on that matter. It's very difficult to find a decent one that's more than a flashy skin and a mountain of empty advertising and it's great you found Neutron and settled for it, but for me that is not the case. It may be that the Passport's weak amp and volume limitation hinder my perception of Neutron, but that's how it is; plus, I still can't get past that horrendous prehistoric interface. But in the end, different people may have different tastes (or in this case, perception).

Black Passport
    05-10-16 12:54 AM
    How so?

I agree the interface can be confusing (at first) though.

Posted via CB10
    I apologise for being lazy, but you can read the answer I gave to Slagman. It's very early here and I haven't even had my coffee yet

Black Passport
    05-10-16 12:55 AM
    I don't follow reviews, those are hyper subjective and may also be faked (as in paid). But as I've said, each person has different preferences.

I've participated in and started a few threads specifically discussing various music players on BlackBerry 10, as well as researching what DAC each bb10 device has, so I am not a stranger to this matter, as music is a very important of life generally for me and naturally, that extends to phones.

Moreover, you might have a different device, with different hardware, different perception of sound, different headphones with different frequency response and impedance that what I have, so nothing is objective.

You can't compare IEM's with full size headphones and even then you have to take into consideration the impedance, frequency response, power handling, all going through your source. Then you have to look at the source and after that at the player.

I may have been a bit blunt, but I offered my opinion on one of the music players I have tried, which you happen to like, through the point of view of my device (the Passport) ,which is no shining star in matters of audio performance (here I am referring only to headphone output quality and volume, the speakers are excellent).

I have tried Neutron both as an apk and as the android port on BlackBerry World, but in combination with the Passport, it did not impress me. Plus, it has a very limited offering in terms of equaliser bands, can store limited presets, it had a super annoying limiter on the preamp that would kick in whenever you lifted the fader to the max and return the volume to more manageable levels in order to avoid distortion even if there was no distortion and this happened automatically, which drove me nuts. Then there's the interface which resembles a 1978 casette tape player, which may be how the developer originally envisioned it, but it should have been optional and complemented by the use of skins to hide "the ugly" or have at least controls resembling the native player, slightly more modern.

Now even if Neutron has complex audio algorithms it won't be able to perform miracles on low bit audio, won't be able to bypass weak hardware and so on. I finally gave up trying to use the Passport as a portable player because (for me) it's not worth it. Plus, ever since the 9900, BlackBerrys sold in Europe have a volume restriction, stemming from a EU directive, so that people won't go deaf and there's no possibility to bypass it unless you have a rootable droid.

Finally, regarding other players, I agree with you on that matter. It's very difficult to find a decent one that's more than a flashy skin and a mountain of empty advertising and it's great you found Neutron and settled for it, but for me that is not the case. It may be that the Passport's weak amp and volume limitation hinder my perception of Neutron, but that's how it is; plus, I still can't get past that horrendous prehistoric interface. But in the end, different people may have different tastes (or in this case, perception).

Black Passport
    So... unless I missed it, you haven't presented any alternatives... I said neutron is the best I've tried, didn't say it was the best, just haven't found any others that sound better. Also, I never use the headphones, I listen to music via BT streaming to my car speakers.

05-10-16 09:37 AM
    So... unless I missed it, you haven't presented any alternatives... I said neutron is the best I've tried, didn't say it was the best, just haven't found any others that sound better. Also, I never use the headphones, I listen to music via BT streaming to my car speakers.

By using Bluetooth you bypass the "wired" part of it, so you wouldn't experience what I am experiencing. But anyway, this is a subjective matter. My ears are different from yours, the perception of sound might be altered and so on. Also, there's the aesthetics.

I haven't found a perfect alternative on BlackBerry 10, the closest I got was with Onkyo and PowerAmp and I gave up eventually.

If this was an Android, I would root it, install Sony's Walkman and its associated audio libs, maybe add Viper Audio and a volume increase mod, but it isn't so that's why I'm not using a bb10 phone as my music player.

The guy was looking for alternatives, I gave him 2 links full of them, but I never pushed my own solution, I specifically said it's from my point of view only. I still don't get what's with this blind worship towards Neutron, but who am I to state my opinion, right? Let's all be sheep.

Black Passport
    05-10-16 01:00 PM
    By using Bluetooth you bypass the "wired" part of it, so you wouldn't experience what I am experiencing. But anyway, this is a subjective matter. My ears are different from yours, the perception of sound might be altered and so on. Also, there's the aesthetics.

I haven't found a perfect alternative on BlackBerry 10, the closest I got was with Onkyo and PowerAmp and I gave up eventually.

If this was an Android, I would root it, install Sony's Walkman and its associated audio libs, maybe add Viper Audio and a volume increase mod, but it isn't so that's why I'm not using a bb10 phone as my music player.

The guy was looking for alternatives, I gave him 2 links full of them, but I never pushed my own solution, I specifically said it's from my point of view only. I still don't get what's with this blind worship towards Neutron, but who am I to state my opinion, right? Let's all be sheep.

Black Passport
    And who has blind worship for Neutron? It's funny how I can say one sentence and you'll have this whole rant about how everyone who uses Neutron are sheep... I even asked you to name what you feel are better because I'm open to try new things, if something works out better I'll switch. If not, I won't. And I never tried to push anything on anyone, OP named a specific thing he/she didn't like about the stock player, I made a recommendation based on that, but apparently he/she has other criteria he/she has not mentioned so Neutron doesn't work out for whatever that reason is. I can't talk about other players since I haven't tried them all and the others I have tried I do not remember if they do what OP wants or not.

But hey, bring on another long rant about how dumb everyone is for using Neutron. Apparently you have a chip on your shoulder about Neutron, so I'll be a nice guy and let you get it off your chest.

05-10-16 03:16 PM
    And who has blind worship for Neutron? It's funny how I can say one sentence and you'll have this whole rant about how everyone who uses Neutron are sheep... I even asked you to name what you feel are better because I'm open to try new things, if something works out better I'll switch. If not, I won't. And I never tried to push anything on anyone, OP named a specific thing he/she didn't like about the stock player, I made a recommendation based on that, but apparently he/she has other criteria he/she has not mentioned so Neutron doesn't work out for whatever that reason is. I can't talk about other players since I haven't tried them all and the others I have tried I do not remember if they do what OP wants or not.

But hey, bring on another long rant about how dumb everyone is for using Neutron. Apparently you have a chip on your shoulder about Neutron, so I'll be a nice guy and let you get it off your chest.

Let's not steer into the stupid territory, because as of late that's what characterizes Crackberry. I will therefore apologise for my blunt manners and hope that whatever will follow will be constructive.

I haven't questioned your tastes, I made a statement that was valid for me and no, I do not appreciate that player and I believe it's overrated, but again, that is how I perceive it. Yet I see your point, because it's the only decent one in the wasteland of BlackBerry World.

I haven't called people dumb, it just seemed to me that the music app was getting praised by everyone for its outstanding qualities, when there are other alternatives, just as good or better, but not native. It's strikingly similar to how peer pressure acts on people - that's how I perceive it.

Ultimately, if we were to go to the source, the player would not bear the blame, but the OS (or rather its limitations and the audio hardware). No application, regardless of how well thought out it may be, can dramatically improve set boundaries of a closed down operating system.

Black Passport
    05-10-16 04:09 PM

it's the fact that i have to fumble around for an hour every time to get it to shuffle all songs in a folder (at least the stock player has a "shuffle all" option).

and it's awful at album art.
    05-10-16 05:31 PM
    And who has blind worship for Neutron? It's funny how I can say one sentence and you'll have this whole rant about how everyone who uses Neutron are sheep...
    Yeah, what's that about?

Lots of folks have mentioned alternatives other than Neutron.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 07:58 PM
    Yeah, what's that about?

Lots of folks have mentioned alternatives other than Neutron.

Posted via CB10
    i've tried them all.........
    nothing viable.
    05-10-16 08:44 PM
29 12