I get all my Gmail emails - but how do I get my work emails to auto forward to my desktop in box?
    03-23-15 01:43 PM
    I get all my Gmail emails - but how do I get my work emails to auto forward to my desktop in box?
    That's a question for work and the person who administers their email. It doesn't sound like you have a question that relates to using a BlackBerry.
    03-23-15 02:00 PM
    I get all my work email - it's my reply email to my work email that doesn't get forwarded to my PC In Box. Sorry to not be clear.
    03-23-15 07:33 PM
    We don't have auto BCC options like old legacy devices in OS10.. let's see any one can help this otherways..

Posted via BlackBerry!.
    03-23-15 09:31 PM
    So if I'm understanding correctly, you're not seeing replies that you send to emails received through your work account on your desktop?

If so, this would need to be resolved through the configuration of your email. If you're using plain old POP/SMTP for your email then you won't be able to see your replies as they aren't saved to the server in this case. This should however be possible if you're set up to use IMAP or Exchange, as sent emails are typically saved by default and you would be able to see your incoming and sent messages along with read and flagged statuses synced across all devices (this is ideal). Keep in mind however that your mail server can be configured to not save sent messages, in which case your only option would be to forward your sent messages to yourself so they can be downloaded and archived.

If you're looking to forward all incoming messages from your work account to another e-mail address so you can see them on your desktop, this would be a server-side setting as well and may be controlled or restricted by your IT administrator (most commonly for security and compliance purposes).
    03-24-15 08:00 AM
    We don't have auto BCC options like old legacy devices in OS10.. let's see any one can help this otherways..

Posted via BlackBerry!.
    I like the auto BCC option. Seeing (and hearing the assigned "ding") BCC back to myself provides additional "warm fuzzy" that the sent message made it out of the device, at least. Especially in low signal areas. Also provides "sent mail archive" that's proven pretty useful.
    03-24-15 08:43 AM

Posted via BlackBerry!.
    Um, yes we do what are you talking about? Just tap the eclipses button bottom right-had corner

How can I auto forward emails to my desktop?-img_20150324_095757.png

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:58 AM
    Um, yes we do what are you talking about? Just tap the eclipses button bottom right-had corner

Posted via CB10
    Auto.
    03-24-15 09:06 AM
    So if I'm understanding correctly, you're not seeing replies that you send to emails received through your work account on your desktop?

If so, this would need to be resolved through the configuration of your email. If you're using plain old POP/SMTP for your email then you won't be able to see your replies as they aren't saved to the server in this case. This should however be possible if you're set up to use IMAP or Exchange, as sent emails are typically saved by default and you would be able to see your incoming and sent messages along with read and flagged statuses synced across all devices (this is ideal). Keep in mind however that your mail server can be configured to not save sent messages, in which case your only option would be to forward your sent messages to yourself so they can be downloaded and archived.

If you're looking to forward all incoming messages from your work account to another e-mail address so you can see them on your desktop, this would be a server-side setting as well and may be controlled or restricted by your IT administrator (most commonly for security and compliance purposes).
    Yep, my work mail won't allow to save the sent mails,so I ve try manual methods only sadly.. and today I got survey from BlackBerry, I given my comments to add this auto BCC option only.. let's c..

Posted via BlackBerry!.
    03-24-15 02:38 PM
    I like the auto BCC option. Seeing (and hearing the assigned "ding") BCC back to myself provides additional "warm fuzzy" that the sent message made it out of the device, at least. Especially in low signal areas. Also provides "sent mail archive" that's proven pretty useful.
    This feature only I really want for my work, I was shocked when I switched from old BlackBerry OS to OS10, where this option was not there.. we have to wait again as usual from BlackBerry.

Posted via BlackBerry!.
    03-24-15 02:47 PM
    .. we have to wait again as usual from BlackBerry.
    Posted via BlackBerry!.
    And so wait we will...thanks for all the input. I'll just add 4 or 5 more strokes to BCC each work email I respond to. Thanks again!
    03-24-15 03:27 PM
    OK. I'm gonna rant a tiny bit, not on you directly but for others to fully understand. This sentiment breaks down productivity and also what actually holds BlackBerry back from making new innovations in email (such as archive/PST/Vault access and so forth).

Let me explain.

This practice described is that akin to 'protect thine own arse'. Meaning have a copy of everything you do just in case.

The problem with this is two fold.
    1. The server, the email server keeps records of EVERYTHING you've done in respect to emails, you name it it has it. Some online services will actually archive your mailboxes automatically given a pre set criteria and maybe end user adjustable.

2. Anyone with a blackberry that has enabled their folders to sync (will do so at time of enablement) will be able to search for their emails.

There is no reason, not a single reason at all to BBC yourself any emails to anyone. You've sent it so your email server will always have a record of it. All you need to do is search.

Let's think that time is money here for a moment:
    Let's think of the time of this thread, the original post, the numerous minutes looking for options and reading replies to get more information toward an end goal.

By all means this is great. Not taking that away from our host or anyone, after all this is what a community is for. however there is no real need for this action since you already have a copy.

Now let's think about every email you send takes about 5 seconds to auto complete or select your name (cognitively you need to remember to do this; unsure of third party app), times say 400 emails a day to everyone. That's about 33.4 minutes each day of non productive effort. Heaven forbid you forgot to bcc yourself.

Remember BCC does nothing to the recipient and when they reply to all you'll not receive it twice and anyone else replying thereafter who's included anyone else but you means... nope no email for you.

Now think 33.4mins x 5 days a week x 4wks a month. That's about 11.14hrs a month! See the lack of productivity here.

But this all doesn't mean squat if: you don't work for a company just yourself (scratch that), or this is just for personal email, or you cannot rethink old habits.

BlackBerry where designed from the very beginning to take the office communications, mobile plain and simple. Basically to ignore the office phone or the email communications suite and put it into your hands wherever you go. This means you can search for emails and folders either on the device or remotely on the server even if not on the device.

If BCC is an option to be set all the time for a specific email or contact to be implemented in BB10 put in that request to BlackBerry. It's you and it's your needs. I'd personally much rather have Direct Reply's working or implemented. But this is the ops thread.

All I'm saying is there is a better option that has always worked already there no need to reinvent the wheel. Just my experience and opinion.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 05:22 PM
    OK. I'm gonna rant a tiny bit, not on you directly but for others to fully understand. This sentiment breaks down productivity and also what actually holds BlackBerry back from making new innovations in email (such as archive/PST/Vault access and so forth).

Let me explain.

This practice described is that akin to 'protect thine own arse'. Meaning have a copy of everything you do just in case.

The problem with this is two fold.
    1. The server, the email server keeps records of EVERYTHING you've done in respect to emails, you name it it has it. Some online services will actually archive your mailboxes automatically given a pre set criteria and maybe end user adjustable.

2. Anyone with a blackberry that has enabled their folders to sync (will do so at time of enablement) will be able to search for their emails.

There is no reason, not a single reason at all to BBC yourself any emails to anyone. You've sent it so your email server will always have a record of it. All you need to do is search.

Let's think that time is money here for a moment:
    Let's think of the time of this thread, the original post, the numerous minutes looking for options and reading replies to get more information toward an end goal.

By all means this is great. Not taking that away from our host or anyone, after all this is what a community is for. however there is no real need for this action since you already have a copy.

Now let's think about every email you send takes about 5 seconds to auto complete or select your name (cognitively you need to remember to do this; unsure of third party app), times say 400 emails a day to everyone. That's about 33.4 minutes each day of non productive effort. Heaven forbid you forgot to bcc yourself.

Remember BCC does nothing to the recipient and when they reply to all you'll not receive it twice and anyone else replying thereafter who's included anyone else but you means... nope no email for you.

Now think 33.4mins x 5 days a week x 4wks a month. That's about 11.14hrs a month! See the lack of productivity here.

But this all doesn't mean squat if: you don't work for a company just yourself (scratch that), or this is just for personal email, or you cannot rethink old habits.

BlackBerry where designed from the very beginning to take the office communications, mobile plain and simple. Basically to ignore the office phone or the email communications suite and put it into your hands wherever you go. This means you can search for emails and folders either on the device or remotely on the server even if not on the device.

If BCC is an option to be set all the time for a specific email or contact to be implemented in BB10 put in that request to BlackBerry. It's you and it's your needs. I'd personally much rather have Direct Reply's working or implemented. But this is the ops thread.

All I'm saying is there is a better option that has always worked already there no need to reinvent the wheel. Just my experience and opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, i'm pretty sleep deprived right now so i'll try to better understand what you're saying after a few zz's... but just to be clear, i rarely BCC myself when on my BB10 devices. I only Auto BCC when on BBOS stuff. It does it without any additional involvement from me. Not sure about the bigger, overall, implications but my IT guy has never expressed issues with it??

I really like having the "sent email" BCC'd back to inbox as a local archive. It's easily and readily available for immediate review if there's a question about it going thru. My firm spends a LOT of time in weak signal areas and i like the automatic validation that the sent item made it out of the device. It's also nice, at times, to see a duplicate of the actual message sent. If BB10 had the Auto provision, i'd use it... unless there's an issue of some kind. ?? I'll grab some ZZ's & re-read. Thanks for the input.

Edit: The emails sent from my 99 also automatically wind up on my laptop and desktop. As the OP wishes BB10 would. Usually excel spreadsheets of electrical terminal validations that need to be processed in a PC and incorporated into CAD, etc... We have other provisions for that in our Classics but the 99's still function that way and i've grown to like it. Maybe not necessary, but comforting.

Ok, bedtime...
    Last edited by idssteve; 03-24-15 at 07:03 PM.
    03-24-15 06:10 PM
    Auto.
    Your desktop client doesn't do that automatically. You have to insert that. But for that I concede only as a wishful option as there is no judicial and real world requirement to do so.

Someone mentioned that as a lawyer having shown a BCC was to show it was received by clients - false! It only shows that YOU'VE received it not the client. Auto read again is optional on the recipient's end to provide that notification back to you.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:24 PM
    Hmm, i'm pretty sleep deprived right now so i'll try to better understand what you're saying after a few zz's... but just to be clear, i rarely BCC myself when on my BB10 devices. I only Auto BCC when on BBOS stuff. It does it without any additional involvement from me. Not sure about the bigger, overall, implications but my IT guy has never expressed issues with it??

I really like having the "sent email" BCC'd back to inbox as a local archive. It's easily and readily available for immediate review if there's a question about it going thru. My firm spends a LOT of time in weak signal areas and i like the automatic validation that the sent item made it out of the device. It's also nice, at times, to see a duplicate of the actual message sent. If BB10 had the Auto provision, i'd use it... unless there's an issue of some kind. ?? I'll grab some ZZ's & re-read. Thanks for the input.

Edit: The emails sent from my 99 also automatically wind up on my laptop and desktop. As the OP wishes BB10 would. Usually excel spreadsheets of electrical terminal validations that need to be processed in a PC and incorporated into CAD, etc... We have other provisions for that in our Classics but the 99's still function that way and i've grown to like it. Maybe not necessary, but comforting.

Ok, bedtime...
    Hmm.

BROS devices did this probably from my lack of memory and my years of experience because of a service account that was the middle man between your device on BES and your actual mailbox. Again it was something originally setup not by a built in auto enabled feature or function of the BlackBerry or BES

Proof: search BlackBerry.com/btsc

BES v4/5 'How to enable auto blind carbon copy (bcc)
    KB Article KB01539

BIS How to set the Auto BBC field for an integrated email account in the BlackBerry Internet Service.
    KB10818

These don't work on BB10 devices and for good reason - emails are not compressed as much or at all depending in new world devices. There is plenty of HSPA/LTE bandwidth (93% of USA citizens have LTD access today).

You're using BCC often as an easily and readily available for immediate review? Bull!! Use the search your device and computer is indexed within your email client and ALL Web based emails are indexed. Searching with a few characters criteria is not hard and you're already doing it mentally when you're going within your inbox using your eyes anyway.

The issue will show when you get several hundred emails a day. If you're getting 25 you still seriously should not be using bcc because there are other emails within your inbox that are already there.

Someone here mentioned their IT department restricts saving SENT emails? Why?! Have you inquired the technical or I.T. Or business policy on this? Most business have to keep emails for several years depending on the type of business or the departments and related work those departments do. If anything at all I.T. Archives these and removes them from your mailbox, giving you an online solution to search for Sent emails. In this specific case I completely concede my opinion BCC'ing yourself is a useless practice cause clearly in this case depending on the time of archive removal you're limited to searching the mailbox.

This would be another reason to reach out to BlackBerry and have them create NEW solutions for accessing archived emails not within your mailbox (Symantec Enterprise Vault is one such solution used by corporate businesses). Solve this issue and the need to bcc would not be needed corporate IT policies are adhered to and no needing Change Management and project teams to adjust.

The idea is to move forward.

The reason BCC isn't there, or one such reason is it not only clusters your Sent items but now duplicating sent into your Inbox. This quickly adds to your mailbox space used. Disney for instance restricts users to 2GB mailboxes maximum!! You want more your budget is taxed to get more at 500MB yes Megabytes increments. Pathetic really that HP was allowed to even implement this! However it's probably cause unlimited mailboxes where the norm prior and abused when users traveled and wanted all emails on device or even bought new ones being international roamed and once setup got 12Gb data on a bill catching $$$$ goes the providers sales box.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:47 PM
    Is this what you're looking to accomplish? I have no association with the app or developer but I will add that they are among the most active and responsive I've encountered.

Check out Auto BCC for Emails in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59943989

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:48 PM
    Man, take off "hide Sent emails". Now you get the check mark showing you its sent, done and done. You're addicted to the red led as much as a mother to a flame or a mosquito to that electric zap!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:49 PM
    There are a lot of people coming from Legacy devices including myself. We all know that BB10 is missing features we are use to. I have always been the one to complain about BB10.1 vs OS7, but we're just luck th have all the improvements in BBM10.3 vs 10.1.

Don't blame BlackBerry blame RIM/ML for the way BB10 was formatted. John Chen's team is making big strides to improve the OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 10:03 PM
    There are a lot of people coming from Legacy devices including myself. We all know that BB10 is missing features we are use to. I have always been the one to complain about BB10.1 vs OS7, but we're just luck th have all the improvements in BBM10.3 vs 10.1.

Don't blame BlackBerry blame RIM/ML for the way BB10 was formatted. John Chen's team is making big strides to improve the OS.
    Posted via CB10
    Basically the very SAME team that created BB10, the internal coders are still there. John's team is responsible for cost cutting, corporate direction, profitability to be restored, value to the investors(!!!!), and value to the corporate enterprise market - where the $$ is. That is what their doing that the previous CEO failed with.
    03-24-15 10:10 PM
    Basically the very SAME team that created BB10, the internal coders are still there. John's team is responsible for cost cutting, corporate direction, profitability to be restored, value to the investors(!!!!), and value to the corporate enterprise market - where the $$ is. That is what their doing that the previous CEO failed with.
    But who is the leader of the group?

Success or failure all boils down to the person in charge not the the workers.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:13 AM
    Man, take off "hide Sent emails". Now you get the check mark showing you its sent, done and done. You're addicted to the red led as much as a mother to a flame or a mosquito to that electric zap!

Posted via CB10
    Mother to a flame? Haha! Sorry. That one caught me funny.

The Classic
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-25-15 11:10 AM
    Mother to a flame? Haha! Sorry. That one caught me funny.

The Classic
    Yeah I guess everything I stated goes out the window with a z30 on Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558 auto correct does that lol.

I may actually use that in a vocal conversation just to see someone's reaction lol. I hadn't even noticed the typo until you quoted it. Good eye.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 01:49 PM
    But who is the leader of the group?

Success or failure all boils down to the person in charge not the the workers.
    Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily ... it depends on leadership and how it's implemented with corporate culture.

For example if leadership allows for collaborative input that IS taken into heavy consideration and implemented trust me leadership will be VERY quick to pick a scapegoat to take the fall ... even IF this type of corporate culture for collabortive input is NOT used ... the scapegoats always fall.

Last year there were close to if not more than 7'500 BlackBerry scapegoats that where shown the door!
    03-26-15 06:45 PM
    Not necessarily ... it depends on leadership and how it's implemented with corporate culture.

For example if leadership allows for collaborative input that IS taken into heavy consideration and implemented trust me leadership will be VERY quick to pick a scapegoat to take the fall ... even IF this type of corporate culture for collabortive input is NOT used ... the scapegoats always fall.

Last year there were close to if not more than 7'500 BlackBerry scapegoats that where shown the door!
    Isn't that what I said?

You apparently have an inside track. When I post a opinion it is normally based on my experience. Which I was either in upper management or majority share holder since I was 25. I'm retired.

You are correct the ML era was mess. Great mind but poor management skills. RIM just grew to quickly and ML made poor judgments in hiring and long term decisions. His arrogance is why RIM was the last person in line. RIM might have been able to keep in stride if his OS team would have collectively designed BB10. It's like there was 3 or 4 different companies working in different countries in under ground bunkers with no phones. The brain must have been smoking and the hands and feet were moving in different directions.

Of course it is my opinion from the outside looking in. Based on what I saw of BB10.1 vs OS7 three years ago. Or even last summer.

In a nut shell it takes a team of good management to produce a quality product. The worker bees don't known where to put the honey.

I don't think we need to bring my up thread from last summer where I said with the billions RIM had in reserve "almost anyone" could have put out a better OS than BB10.1

Again from what I have read John Chen terminated a lot of upper man agent and department heads. He didn't just terminate them to cut cost!

Somebody end this thread before it gets really out of hand.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 03-27-15 at 01:08 AM.
    03-27-15 12:53 AM