I have a question. I still use my Blackberry Bold when I travel, and I want to be able to back-up my contacts from The Blackberry Classic. I have tried doing a lot of research on this, but there seems to be no way to do this. I back up through Blackberry Link and then I cant restore to the Bold which only accepts the old Blackberry Desktop Manager. Please help.
    02-20-15 12:57 AM
    One option is to backup your contacts to. A *.csv file, using an online service like gmail or outlook, or possibly one of the backup apps in BlackBerry world.

Once you have a .csv file, you can use BlackBerry desktop manager to load that on your bold and have all. Your up to date contacts.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:38 AM
    I have a question. I still use my Blackberry Bold when I travel, and I want to be able to back-up my contacts from The Blackberry Classic. I have tried doing a lot of research on this, but there seems to be no way to do this. I back up through Blackberry Link and then I cant restore to the Bold which only accepts the old Blackberry Desktop Manager. Please help.
    I've sent contacts from a Samsung device to my Z10/Z30 over Bluetooth and it was really straight forward, it just copied over all the .csv files, I imagine you could probably do this between your Classic and Bold and it would definitely be the easiest method. If you would like, I can try sending between my BB10 devices sometime this weekend and get back to you with the exact procedure.
    02-20-15 09:49 AM
    Just sync your contacts with Outlook or Gmail. Very simple and whenever you switch devices your contacts are synced.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 03:27 PM