I hope BlackBerry will release a Classic 2 with the same keyboard and specs as the Priv. It would be the best phone ever!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 03:06 PM
    In that case, go buy the Priv to give them incentive to make more phones.

Posted via CB10
    Eno Karapici and joewoo like this.
    10-26-15 03:12 PM
    Priv Classic 2? How about a Classic 99 that actually fits anatomy of human hands? Lol. Of course if Apple markets a comfortably sized device first, BB & CB will be all over themselves proclaiming it more ingenious than "sliced bread"... Lol.

My desk drawers are packed with "incentive". Far too many devices in those drawers are useless charity that seems to "give" them incentive to continue building the WRONG things. How about BB "giving" us incentive to buy their devices?

First they build a Q10 with swappable battery but no toolbelt. Now we have a Q20 with toolbelt but no swappable battery. They just couldn't bring themselves to "give" us both features in the same device. Our Classics' toolbelt DOES give some "warm phuzzie" assurance for ending calls. If privacy is the true mission of the Priv, they'll provide a POSITIVE provision to END a call. IMO.

If Priv provides that, some way (shortcut key?), I'll buy. If not, I'll stock up on Classics. The BEST of Privacy oriented handsets in current production, IMO.
    10-27-15 09:35 AM
    I must buy that if classic 2 come with upgraded processor and camera on android. Sure

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 08:51 PM
    I love the form factor of the Classic and would buy a Classic 2 too. Son is eyeing the Priv. His Z10 needs replacement.

Posted via Classic
    10-27-15 10:30 PM
    I'd love a Classic 2.

I think many of us will stick with BlackBerry 10 even if it goes to being support only.

I honestly never bought BlackBerry 10 devices thinking some big wave of apps was coming. I bought them because I like to type on them, and I love the functionality of the OS.

If 10.3.3 is it, and they continue making BlackBerrys running BlackBerry 10 with bumped up specs, I'll be happy.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-27-15 11:43 PM
    I must buy that if classic 2 come with upgraded processor and camera on android. Sure

Posted via CB10
    Agreed with everything except Android .
    donemt likes this.
    10-28-15 06:58 AM
    Classic 2 with upgraded camera and access to Google Play store for apps while keeping BB10 somehow...wishful thinking!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:16 AM
    I don't get why people here are hoping for it to run Android... Android doesn't make full use of the keyboard. I don't care that much for the millions of random Android apps, the few I need I can get to run fine on BB10. I prefer BB10 since it makes full use of the keyboard so it's not just for typing, and also for the things like peek from any app...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-28-15 10:59 AM
    I don't know if there will be a Classic 2. If they release a Classic 2 with the same form factor and upgraded the internals, unless they can also cram a larger battery in there, then the battery life would take a hit.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 12:27 AM
    I have always said, give me classic 2 with BB 10 and passport / Priv internals... I will return to BB then! For now I'm off...
    Wunliang, Q10Bold and donemt like this.
    10-29-15 12:29 AM
    I have always said, give me classic 2 with BB 10 and passport / Priv internals... I will return to BB then! For now I'm off...
    That's what I would like as well, just an updated Classic. Oh well. RIP variety...

10-29-15 05:39 AM
    I don't get why people here are hoping for it to run Android... Android doesn't make full use of the keyboard. I don't care that much for the millions of random Android apps, the few I need I can get to run fine on BB10. I prefer BB10 since it makes full use of the keyboard so it's not just for typing, and also for the things like peek from any app...

Just a question - why cannot Android take full use of the keyboard.
    Secondly, how could a Classic 2 use Android apps with out run time. (assuming)

So the PRIV can not do what a Passport can do?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 06:01 AM
    Just a question - why cannot Android take full use of the keyboard.
    Secondly, how could a Classic 2 use Android apps with out run time. (assuming)

So the PRIV can not do what a Passport can do?

Posted via CB10
    They are not talking about the runtime. I want the runtime to stay. They are talking about it running Android like the Priv. You can make Android make use of the keyboard if you put like a highly customized UI on top of stock Android. Problem with that is then you'll have to wait longer for updates since you won't want stock Android. And I don't know if those things can be emulated to work within apps or not. Because the keyboard shortcuts are useful within BB apps. Stock Android doesn't have any of those things because they don't care for hardware keyboards...

Q10Bold and donemt like this.
    10-29-15 06:55 AM
    They are not talking about the runtime. I want the runtime to stay. They are talking about it running Android like the Priv. You can make Android make use of the keyboard if you put like a highly customized UI on top of stock Android. Problem with that is then you'll have to wait longer for updates since you won't want stock Android. And I don't know if those things can be emulated to work within apps or not. Because the keyboard shortcuts are useful within BB apps. Stock Android doesn't have any of those things because they don't care for hardware keyboards...

The PRIV is fairly customised so yes there would be a wait. To get around that you would have to buy a Nexus or an iPhone.

I think that Chen might support one of the Passport or the Classic designs. Depends on much device had higher sales or which device is considered to better represent innovation. My only thought is that they should ditch the square screen in favour of a 4:3 design. They only need one non slider PKB.

BlackBerry Launcher -PRIV
    The BlackBerry Launcher application enables you to:
    � Easily turn multistep tasks such as sending an email or calling a friend into a one-click task.
    � Find, sort and place applications, widgets and shortcuts across home screen panels for convenient access.
    � Widgets are a great way to get information quickly, but can take up a lot of space on your home screen. BlackBerry� Pop-Up Widgets allow you to view any application widget by simply swiping up or down across the icon on your home screen, giving you fast access to the information you need, when you need it.*
    � Use keyboard shortcuts to launch applications or tasks, such as tapping �B� to launch your Browser.
    � Customize the look and feel of your device using icon packs, and more...

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 09:44 AM
    The PRIV is fairly customised so yes there would be a wait. To get around that you would have to buy a Nexus or an iPhone.

I think that Chen might support one of the Passport or the Classic designs. Depends on much device had higher sales or which device is considered to better represent innovation. My only thought is that they should ditch the square screen in favour of a 4:3 design. They only need one non slider PKB.

BlackBerry Launcher -PRIV
    The BlackBerry Launcher application enables you to:
    � Easily turn multistep tasks such as sending an email or calling a friend into a one-click task.
    � Find, sort and place applications, widgets and shortcuts across home screen panels for convenient access.
    � Widgets are a great way to get information quickly, but can take up a lot of space on your home screen. BlackBerry� Pop-Up Widgets allow you to view any application widget by simply swiping up or down across the icon on your home screen, giving you fast access to the information you need, when you need it.*
    � Use keyboard shortcuts to launch applications or tasks, such as tapping �B� to launch your Browser.
    � Customize the look and feel of your device using icon packs, and more...

Posted via CB10
    I know they would be able to do those things from the homescreen, but I'm talking about within apps. Android apps do not come programmed to use pkb's and I don't think the overlay can force them into apps. I definitely could be wrong, would be nice to see if some things can be made to work. Same with peek into the hub from any app...

Bbnivende likes this.
    10-29-15 12:16 PM
    I know they would be able to do those things from the homescreen, but I'm talking about within apps. Android apps do not come programmed to use pkb's and I don't think the overlay can force them into apps. I definitely could be wrong, would be nice to see if some things can be made to work. Same with peek into the hub from any app...

I am confused. So if you have Android apk you can not use your apk?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 03:38 PM
    I'd love 2 Classics.

Posted via CB10
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    10-30-15 03:58 AM
    They definitely should make an updated classic, with better internals. I'd suggest to remove the toolbelt though as it doesn't seem to fit with the OS. In my opinion, the toolbelt was added to give legacy users familiarity, but OS10 is not familiar as compared to OS7. Classic 2 should become an upgraded Q10 and nothing more, because classic 1 didn't accomplish that, almost like it was a bold replacement, and Q10 was a curve replacement.

I think BlackBerry should make an updated Q10 that basically looks like classic without toolbelt. Make a classic 2 that has a taller screen. Retain passport as a niche offering, then have 2 androids, Priv and a full-touch slab boasting similar security specs

Posted via CB10
    abdul and BerryRipe like this.
    10-30-15 10:50 AM
    I am confused. So if you have Android apk you can not use your apk?

Posted via CB10
    It's running Android. You run a regular Android app. Not one specifically made for the Priv or any other BB made phone, like google maps for example. Could the Android overlay make keyboard shortcuts and things like peek work from within that app. I feel like I'm just repeating, can't think of any other way to ask this...

Bbnivende likes this.
    10-30-15 01:06 PM
    But with a removeable battery!! Chen!!!
    10-30-15 01:57 PM
    I would really dig a Classic II, full Android... in cobalt blue. That would be cool.

I realize that when it comes to Android apps, they are not optimized for Classic features, like the trackpad and toolbelt. But this does not mean a Classic running Android would not be awesome.

This is a case where the form factor trumps everything else. People that really "get" the Classic, will truly understand the previous statement.

Posted via my Blackberry Classic
    idssteve likes this.
    10-30-15 08:11 PM
    If they made a Classic 2 with specs on a par with the passport, I'd definitely buy it.

If they also made it more compact, then I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

All BBOS10 of course.
    donemt and idssteve like this.
    10-31-15 03:55 AM
    More specs plus more compact means shorter battery endurance... Hence full circle back to swappable battery. Again. Lol.
    10-31-15 08:27 AM
    More specs plus more compact means shorter battery endurance... Hence full circle back to swappable battery. Again. Lol.
    True but that is ok.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 08:53 AM
45 12