Of course, i will switch for another device because of a key. No.

I will in the future but that's not the only reason for that.

This topic is about how often someone use the trackpad, not about replacing a phone. I use it a few times, but i prefer the touch that's what i said.

Trackpad is not the all keyboard, and i want the keyboard.
    You should try to trade it for a Q10, hey, I have a Q10 I'm willing to trade for your Classic. Interested? I'll throw you like $20 as well. Let me know via PM. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-13-15 07:18 PM
    Well, the Q10 is actually the only BB10 device that I haven't owned. (OK, no Leap or SE Passport either... YET.)

But after having used the all touch devices and the Passport, I am pretty confident that I know exactly how the Q10 would have worked for me. And it would have 'worked', but the trackpad and toolbelt just add to the precision and everything else is a compromise. The appeal of the Q10 is in the form as it is closer in size to the legacy devices of old. However, the point of getting the Classic for me, was to have a smaller device than the Passport, without losing any of the precision functionality. I actually feel that the Classic is the best there is for this purpose. I compromised on the size of the device (the Q10 is pretty perfect in that respect), for the added functionality and I am very happy with my choice.

I would have loved (and still would like to see) BlackBerry find a way to integrate copy and paste shortcuts. On the Passport, this is what still makes text editing less than the Classic. Having to touch the screen to copy and paste breaks the flow of typing more than the trackpad and toolbelt and it is less precise. I'm happy with the decision that I made. To each their own though.

And we can all admit that it's pretty great that BlackBerry, so far, has covered darned near every form factor possible, and then some!
    I had many BB10 devices but none was from the old school (with the trackpad), that's because i switch from Q10 to Classic, i wanted to feel what is to have a trackpad and use it like the old school BlackBerrys. Unfortunately it's not for me, i still love the keyboard but the tool is not intuitive as the fabulous touch swipes of the BB10.
    09-13-15 08:32 PM
    You should try to trade it for a Q10, hey, I have a Q10 I'm willing to trade for your Classic. Interested? I'll throw you like $20 as well. Let me know via PM. :-)

No, i had a Q10 before the Classic, see my other answer. Q10 was the best BlackBerry device i had, but i think the Q5 it's better in terms of letter spacing and keyboard to display space (for gesture swipe), that's because i will buy one. Anyway i will keep the Classic because i like it, just don't use the trackpad much.
    slagman5 likes this.
    09-13-15 08:35 PM
    No, i had a Q10 before the Classic, see my other answer. Q10 was the best BlackBerry device i had, but i think the Q5 it's better in terms of letter spacing and keyboard to display space (for gesture swipe), that's because i will buy one. Anyway i will keep the Classic because i like it, just don't use the trackpad much.
    Dangit, lol.

Alexandre Faustino likes this.
    09-13-15 08:43 PM
    I had many BB10 devices but none was from the old school (with the trackpad), that's because i switch from Q10 to Classic, i wanted to feel what is to have a trackpad and use it like the old school BlackBerrys. Unfortunately it's not for me, i still love the keyboard but the tool is not intuitive as the fabulous touch swipes of the BB10.
    Admittedly, the trackpad doesn't feel quite as intuitive as it did with the old legacy devices. I find sometimes seeing sections of the screen with that "blue haze" over it a bit shocking compared to when I am doing the same things on my Passport.

However, when it comes to editing text, I stand by my assertion that there is no match for the efficiency of the trackpad. For navigating around the rest of the OS, I use a combination of gestures and the trackpad.

I also find the 'back' button to be useful for navigating around the Web. I wish that BlackBerry could include a swipe from the side of the screen to navigate back and forward but they haven't and, because of this, the 'back' button on the toolbelt makes navigating the Web a bit more seamless. Having to touch the screen to bring up the address bar, and then click the back button could be smoother on all touch devices.
    Alexandre Faustino likes this.
    09-13-15 11:39 PM
    I also find the 'back' button to be useful for navigating around the Web. I wish that BlackBerry could include a swipe from the side of the screen to navigate back and forward but they haven't and, because of this, the 'back' button on the toolbelt makes navigating the Web a bit more seamless. Having to touch the screen to bring up the address bar, and then click the back button could be smoother on all touch devices.
    Browsie browser has gestures like that.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-13-15 11:43 PM
    Browsie browser has gestures like that.

Honestly, it's faster just to click the back button than to swipe around the screen...

09-14-15 12:49 AM
    Honestly, it's faster just to click the back button than to swipe around the screen...

But if you want to swipe around the screen, which he does, there's an app for that.

09-14-15 12:51 AM
    But if you want to swipe around the screen, which he does, there's an app for that.

Uh, I know, I got what you said the first time...

09-14-15 06:05 AM
    Same here would be lost without Trackpad

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 05:52 PM
    There is "nothing" as fast for editing than the track belt. The combination moving the track pad and clicking the track pad is fast to correct spelling errors. The combination of the shift key with the track pad to cut and paste. The back button. So many combinations with the track belt and the track pad.

When you combine the track belt, pkb and your "preset" short cut keys. NOTHING is faster. (period)

Anyone not using the track belt/track pad does not know the full potential of its capabilities.

Why fight it? Use use it and enjoy what works for you.

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    09-14-15 10:11 PM
    99% of the time, but the implementation in the browser is a bit buggy so i find i have to touch the screen more while using it than in most apps.
    What exactly is buggy about it?
    09-14-15 11:08 PM
    What exactly is buggy about it?
    It doesn't always work automatically and i have to touch the screen to get it to work again.
    09-15-15 10:02 PM
    It doesn't always work automatically and i have to touch the screen to get it to work again.
    I haven't had an issue with trackpad scrolling in the browser at all... The only 'buggy' actions I notice with my Classic is when I use it to scroll from within BlackBerry World... Here it often 'gets stuck' or freezes and I have to touch the screen or hit back to resume search...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 09-16-15 at 07:22 AM.
    09-16-15 06:38 AM
    i get that, too.
    Do you have the automatic zooming issue in text entry fields in Browser?
    Actually, as i am typing this it is looking like .2474 may have fixed that...
    Last edited by matthewkuhl; 09-16-15 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Typo
    09-16-15 07:22 AM
    i get that, too.
    Do you have the automatic zooming issue in text entry fields in Browser?
    Actually, as i am typing this it is looking like .2774 may have fixed that...
    It does automatically zoom in text entry depending on the page I don't see it as an issue though, often it's welcome and I would have manually zoomed otherwise... I updated my unlocked blue Classic, but my T-Mobile issued Classic is still running ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.876 so it definitely still zooms. Will have to play around with my Blue Classic later and check out the differences... Good call on the observation though

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 07:27 AM
    My VZW Classic SQC100-3/10.3.2.556 refuses to track pad scroll thru Ebay item photos, for example. Forced to touch-swipe scroll. Single handed thumb-touch-swipes risk device slipping from hand, for me.

Of course ebay no longer works with my old 9900's native browser but ebay app on 9900 still track scrolls item photos nicely.

Maybe 2639 or?? might improve Classic's track behavior?
    09-16-15 08:14 AM
    I allways use it, if possible. Awesome.
    09-16-15 10:14 AM
    Never. Never. Never.

Before this Classic (which I'm using temporarily), I had two Torches (the original silver one and then the white one) and now my Q10, which I love to pieces. But the return of the start/end call buttons makes me so happy! On my Q10, I'm constantly hanging up on people because my thumb accidently slides over the end call spot on the screen when I'm carrying it from place to place. Thankfully the lock button works during a call, or I would never have a >30 sec call. Yesterday, I placed a call and hung up after saying hello. What a pain. It's not a problem with the Classic, since those buttons actually have to be pushed, not just touched! And I always liked the back arrow. I find the integration of these keys into the BB10 framework really works for me. Just a bit of added functionality - and I always liked that on the Torch; the ability to do things in one of two ways much of the time.

But I could do without the trackpad. After three YEARS of touch screen phones, I don't really need it. Although it might help with changing the words of an email. I just set up my email on my Classic, and I tend to use my Q10 more often than not, but I do find the little circle thingy to be imprecise at times. So I think it might help with that in particular.
    dalama32 likes this.
    09-16-15 10:40 AM
    All the time. Really wish Blackberry will make a bigger trackpad in the next classic iteration. As big as the Bold 9900's and with backlit please.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:39 PM
    All the time. Really wish Blackberry will make a bigger trackpad in the next classic iteration. As big as the Bold 9900's and with backlit please.

Posted via CB10
    I too thought this, at first. Well, with regard to the size - I really don't mind whether or not the trackpad lights up or not. It really seems that they've calibrated it well though and it seems to be very responsive and you can scroll and / or move the curser "fast" or "slow" depending on how fast you move over the track pad.

I could go for the capacitive keyboard in the next iteration though. Even if it's just to delete an entire word... I still find myself doing that on my Classic sometimes thinking I'm on the Passport.
    09-16-15 11:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've gotten used to the smaller size, and it helps to not get in the way too much when you try to do the swipe gestures.
    09-17-15 12:19 AM
    I use it often for placing the cursor when editing text. I rarely (though sometimes) use it for navigation.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 06:13 AM
    I use it often for placing the cursor when editing text. I rarely (though sometimes) use it for navigation.

Posted via CB10
    Did you know in Maps you can toggle between pan and zoom by clicking the track pad? It's quite handy.
    Xenolock likes this.
    09-19-15 07:12 AM
    I put black electrical tape over it (nicely cut to size) as the trackpad can't handle UV rays from the sun outside. It makes my screen scroll all over the place. When that happens the touch screen hardly works since the trackpad has "control".

Black tape solved it. Do I like that? NO.
    09-19-15 09:13 AM
145 ... 23456