I'm coming from a Z10, which was the most amazing phone I've ever used and when the Classic dropped I didn't think I'd ever want to use it. Verizon only offered the Classic so my choice was limited unless I online ordered the Z30. Played with the Classic for 10 mins and instantly loved it. I can't figure out how I've gone this long without a pbk and trackpad

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-12-15 04:21 PM
    What does 'pbk' mean?

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    09-12-15 05:09 PM
    What does 'pbk' mean?

Pkb physical keyboard

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-12-15 06:05 PM
    What does 'pbk' mean?

Physical button keyboard

09-12-15 06:05 PM
    Physical button keyboard

Woahhhhh what? People actually use it to mean that. I always assume the bk are transposed when I see it like that. That sounds so clunky and redundant.

09-12-15 08:06 PM
    Pkb physical keyboard

OK. They just had the 'b' and 'k' switched.

09-12-15 08:44 PM
    All the time. With the exception when using Android apps and certain poorly behaving apps, I have one that confines a cursor to individual pictures.
    09-12-15 09:06 PM
    Using it more and more these days. Just switched from a Q10, so after learning to live without it, I'm now learning to enjoy it again. I love having it for the Internet, to hit those small buttons accurately.
    09-12-15 09:14 PM
    Use mine all the time. Having had a Tour and 3 Bolds previously, it's all I know.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    09-12-15 10:00 PM
    Love the trackpad for scrolling or website links

#blackberryclassic
    09-12-15 10:21 PM
    Woahhhhh what? People actually use it to mean that. I always assume the bk are transposed when I see it like that. That sounds so clunky and redundant.

I guess. Calling a phone with no pbk a touchscreen is equally redundant, but we have to name them something lol.

09-12-15 10:51 PM
    I guess. Calling a phone with no pbk a touchscreen is equally redundant, but we have to name them something lol.

While I guess some people may take pbk to mean that, the incredibly common acronyms Pkb and vkb are used all the time in mobile reviews to mean Physical KeyBoard and Virtual KeyBoard respectively.

09-13-15 01:45 AM
    While I guess some people may take pbk to mean that, the incredibly common acronyms Pkb and vkb are used all the time in mobile reviews to mean Physical KeyBoard and Virtual KeyBoard respectively.

Old school man idk.

09-13-15 03:17 AM
    Honestly: how often do you use the trackpad?

ALWAYS.

I sold the q10 back in the day, because I couldn't cope with it not having a trackpad (among others).
    I write a lot of texts in words to go (+long E-mails) and I can't get my work done if I have to edit sentences with that stupid Apple-kinda-loop.
    A BB without a trackpad is a ballbuster. But I am planning to get the Venice and will hopefully use that one as a replacement for my IP6. I think I will stay for good with my trusty rusty Boldie 9900 for the texts that I wanna write while on the go..........
    idssteve likes this.
    09-13-15 04:28 AM
    Every time I use the phone!!

Quot homines, tot sententiae!
    09-13-15 04:44 AM
    Don't scroll to press more, swipe in the direction of the more arrow on the trackpad.
    :|

Greatest tip EVER. Give this man an award.

I use the trackpad for the Hub, Browser, text editing (mainly to select all by holding shift and trackpadding(?) left and upwards)

To be honest: I use it so often that I don't even notice anymore. Granted I've had my Classic for 4 months so it's all just a productive blur.

Side note: First time I've typed todaay without a double type....
    NVM.. ):

Double typin' classicly
    09-13-15 09:20 AM
    For me it's useless, i just use it to click links in non responsive websites. I can't adapt to it for OS navigation, i prefer the touch.
    09-13-15 11:18 AM
    For me it's useless, i just use it to click links in non responsive websites. I can't adapt to it for OS navigation, i prefer the touch.
    Then get an all-touch. Problem solved.
    09-13-15 03:38 PM
    I suppose it's a good thing that you have both then but really, I don't understand why someone who doesn't see the trackpad as a valuable part of their device would go for the Classic. I just bought mine as a second device to use with the Passport and I was on the fence between this and a Q10. Even with a huge price difference, the Classic won me over because of the tool belt.
    09-13-15 04:20 PM
    I can't imagine going back to using anything without a trackpad -- I use it for everything, almost never have to touch the screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 04:24 PM
    I use mine all the time everyday! It works on almost every app for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 04:41 PM
    Then get an all-touch. Problem solved.
    Of course, i will switch for another device because of a key. No.

I will in the future but that's not the only reason for that.

This topic is about how often someone use the trackpad, not about replacing a phone. I use it a few times, but i prefer the touch that's what i said.

Trackpad is not the all keyboard, and i want the keyboard.
    09-13-15 06:38 PM
    I suppose it's a good thing that you have both then but really, I don't understand why someone who doesn't see the trackpad as a valuable part of their device would go for the Classic. I just bought mine as a second device to use with the Passport and I was on the fence between this and a Q10. Even with a huge price difference, the Classic won me over because of the tool belt.
    Without trying it you couldn't say if works for you or not correct?
    dalama32 likes this.
    09-13-15 06:39 PM
    I use the track pad on my Classic all the time. The omission of the track pad and tool belt is one of the main reasons why I did not buy a Q10. The minute the Classic was announce, I knew that I had to own one. The last Blackberry I owned was a Bold 9930. It was a great smartphone till the very end. I danced with the HTC One X, X+ and Samsung Galaxy S4 for a few years. They were all really great devices at the time. However, for me, typing was a pain. Even with the addition of swiftkey (which helped a bit). I just did not enjoy the experience. Swipe was just not in the cards for me.

The keyboard on the Classic is perfect and the track pad brings it all home for me. Without it, I just felt like something was missing.
    09-13-15 06:43 PM
    Without trying it you couldn't say if works for you or not correct?
    Well, the Q10 is actually the only BB10 device that I haven't owned. (OK, no Leap or SE Passport either... YET.)

But after having used the all touch devices and the Passport, I am pretty confident that I know exactly how the Q10 would have worked for me. And it would have 'worked', but the trackpad and toolbelt just add to the precision and everything else is a compromise. The appeal of the Q10 is in the form as it is closer in size to the legacy devices of old. However, the point of getting the Classic for me, was to have a smaller device than the Passport, without losing any of the precision functionality. I actually feel that the Classic is the best there is for this purpose. I compromised on the size of the device (the Q10 is pretty perfect in that respect), for the added functionality and I am very happy with my choice.

I would have loved (and still would like to see) BlackBerry find a way to integrate copy and paste shortcuts. On the Passport, this is what still makes text editing less than the Classic. Having to touch the screen to copy and paste breaks the flow of typing more than the trackpad and toolbelt and it is less precise. I'm happy with the decision that I made. To each their own though.

And we can all admit that it's pretty great that BlackBerry, so far, has covered darned near every form factor possible, and then some!
    09-13-15 06:49 PM
145 12345 ...