After two Z10s and a Z30 spanning 5+ years, I'm back, to a real keyboard. Feels good! Still have the Z30, it is an awesome device; I will move that to my backup line.

Been a while, any new tricks on the Classic? I'm on the 2129-release.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-18 03:41 PM
    After two Z10s and a Z30 spanning 5+ years, I'm back, to a real keyboard. Feels good! Still have the Z30, it is an awesome device; I will move that to my backup line.

Been a while, any new tricks on the Classic? I'm on the 2129-release.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    New tricks? On four year old device with a six year old BB10 OS last updated two years ago? Probably not. But since you’ve been using the Z series, you already know that .
    the_boon likes this.
    11-27-18 04:30 PM
    New tricks? On four year old device with a six year old BB10 OS last updated two years ago? Probably not. But since you’ve been using the Z series, you already know that .
    If he already knew that then why ridicule him or other BB10 users?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-18 03:15 AM
    If he already knew that then why ridicule him or other BB10 users?

Posted via CB10
    Seemed like the question begged for answer.. Wasn’t ridicule. Just reminding, it’s all the same BB10 whether Q or Z series.
    11-28-18 09:53 AM
    Thanks for your replies. So far the return has been very good I'm glad I made the switch.

Just one quick questions for now if someone can help.

Emojis in text messages aren't going to Android devices correctly; they show up as letters and symbols almost ascii like. This didn't use to be a problem, is there a workaround?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-18 11:53 AM
    Thanks for your replies. So far the return has been very good I'm glad I made the switch.

Emojis in text messages aren't going to Android devices correctly; they show up as letters and symbols almost ascii like. This didn't use to be a problem, is there a workaround?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I think there is a post on crackberry about this already.
    If my memory serves me correctly, a solution is to keep a page with characters embedded on it so you can copy and paste them into your message.
    Not sure on the rules of encoding and escapes with sms.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-28-18 02:14 PM
    There is an app in the BlackBerry World app store called Emoji Pack. You basically copy and paste them into email. You could also use ClipMan to save your favorites to you clipboard.

For GIF's, I use an app from the Amazon App Store called GIFs. Just remember to change the GIF settings to Low Quality otherwise they will only send as a static image.

Long live EOL devices! Hope this helps!

➡ I ❤my  Classic™
    11-30-18 03:02 PM

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure but I believe this can also be caused by ART limitations and some related compatibility issues between newer Android/IOS versions.
    11-30-18 03:15 PM
    Thank you. I did not want any apps initially; I really wanted the native tools to function. I ended up adding a small icon pack from Trend Micro; I don't usually add any outside apps.

Wish someone can figure it out, the icons are in the OS, it reads it correctly within its environment; it is just not not instructing the transfer protocol correctly.

Thanks again for your feedback. 👍

Posted via CB10
    11-30-18 04:44 PM