Does anyone use their Classic with a "magnet" holster for sleeper mode?

I don't want the OEM leather one. I believe the Seidio Surface Combo has a magnet? Is that a good holster? I prefer Otterbox, but it seems they stopped including a magnet.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:25 AM
    I have a Body Glove bumper case and a Krussell XL leather pouch to which on the bottom right I have used soft velcro (the soft part) to hide a magnet. Works perfectly.
    03-01-15 11:34 AM
    I have a Body Glove bumper case and a Krussell XL leather pouch to which on the bottom right I have used soft velcro (the soft part) to hide a magnet. Works perfectly.
    Thanks. I'll look into it. But I'm generally not good at installing things, or making hybrids

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:43 PM
    Really could not be easier. The sweet spot for the phone magnetic shut off is on the lower right of the phone as it faces you. I pirate magnets from old BlackBerry cases. Then you just need a little piece or the fuzzy adhesive Velcro and voila. Very easy. Really.
    03-01-15 05:53 PM
    Really could not be easier. The sweet spot for the phone magnetic shut off is on the lower right of the phone as it faces you. I pirate magnets from old BlackBerry cases. Then you just need a little piece or the fuzzy adhesive Velcro and voila. Very easy. Really.
    You glue it in? And then glue the velcro etc on top of it?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:28 PM
    There is a Velcro that has an adhesive back side. I take the soft half of the velcro cut a square that is marginally larger than the magnet and stick the magnet to the sticky side of the velcro so that the soft side faces my device. I then put it in the place in the case that corresponds to the auto shut off. In the Classic that is the bottom right of the keyboard ( in the Passport it is in the middle of the bottom of the keyboard, in the Z30 it was in the middle 1/3 from the top....).
    DeliFresser likes this.
    03-01-15 08:16 PM
    There is a Velcro that has an adhesive back side. I take the soft half of the velcro cut a square that is marginally larger than the magnet and stick the magnet to the sticky side of the velcro so that the soft side faces my device. I then put it in the place in the case that corresponds to the auto shut off. In the Classic that is the bottom right of the keyboard ( in the Passport it is in the middle of the bottom of the keyboard, in the Z30 it was in the middle 1/3 from the top....).
    Great. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:18 PM
    Oem holster seems to work very well. I just wish they would go back to the flap sewn to the corner rather than the cheap looking thin strip they have used on the Q and now the Classic holsters.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:50 PM
    Seidio holster works well also. I just found out it has a magnet by accident today. I picked it up and my chain was stuck to the back of it. I thought it must be stuck on the lip but sure enough. I tried it again and it picked the chain up. Nice little suprise.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry Classic!
    03-04-15 09:38 PM