Hey guys!

Genuine tough decision - after dropping my Classic on a drunken night out, I've got a scratch near the top and a one in the bottom-right, near the keyboard, which makes the black covering (just under the $ and enter key) slightly loose and occasionally peels off (nothing a small amount of superglue can't fix!). Device still looks and operates like a dream

Anyway - in light of this, I'm going to invest in a holster... but which one? Tempted by the swivel as it has the metallic flap HOWEVER I don't plan on using the belt clip at all (don't suppose it can be removed?!) yet the Leather Pocket is cheaper and does the job...yet the top part feels exposed

Any ideas/suggestions welcome!

Posted via BlackBerry Classic / BBM PIN 2BF3EF46
    01-18-15 04:48 PM
    If you're not going to use the belt clip I'd definitely go for the pocket.

Posted via CB10
    RealRichLRead likes this.
    01-18-15 06:03 PM
    I bought the holster for the Classic and it was awesome but I never used it. I'm just not a belt clip kind of guy.

The sleeve is much nicer imo if you're not a belt clip dude.

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-18-15 11:45 PM
    I went with the leather pocket, I also don't use the belt holster functionality, so buying the belt holster feels like a waste. Of course the top is more exposed, but you have easier access and due to the missing belt clip the pocket has less bulk and weight.

On a sidenote: Getting the Classic of of those holsters is a bit tricky. Compared to the Q10 BlackBerry placed the volume rocker further up on the side, which leaves less straight space to grip the device with your fingers. I ended up pressing the bottom of the holster to get up the device a bit before pulling it out.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:33 AM
    Go with the leather pocket. I use a holster on my right hip for my Z10 (love it) and will be getting one for my Classic, but on my old curve 9360 (secondary work phone) I have to carry it in my pants pocket, and the leather pocket works great.
    01-19-15 08:44 AM
    Can you still see the LED for notifications while holstered?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 08:32 AM
    Yes, on both holsters.

Posted via CB10
    werkregen likes this.
    01-21-15 08:37 AM
    I have the leather pocket and it's great, you can get it out without hitting the buttons if you have your index finger as far down as it will go on the left side and your thumb gripping the top right corner. ( assuming you are right handed!)
    01-21-15 10:36 AM
    I bought a nice leather side holster off ebay with a clip that will not stick in to you so much (i hope) will not be here for a while though coming from China Town .Will let you know when it gets here .
    01-21-15 04:09 PM
    Thanks all for the opinions! I guess the pocket holster is the best option...Glad to hear other views on this

Posted via BlackBerry Classic / BBM PIN 2BF3EF46
    01-21-15 04:45 PM
    I bought the holster for the Classic and it was awesome but I never used it. I'm just not a belt clip kind of guy.

The sleeve is much nicer imo if you're not a belt clip dude.

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    Would you want to sell it?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 06:09 PM
    Seidio!

http://www.seidioonline.com/BlackBer...sic-s/9522.htm

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-21-15 06:14 PM
    Seidio!

http://www.seidioonline.com/BlackBer...sic-s/9522.htm

Since he doesn't plan on using it on his belt, I actually think the Seidio option would be the worst of all.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 02:13 AM
    Almost major damage to my Classic today. I was wearing a long coat and put my holster in my left pocket so I could comfortably sit in my Camaro. Sat down and slammed the holster in the door. I was luck the holster protected the Classic. After that I will never carry a phone naked in my coat pocket.
    01-22-15 03:32 AM
    Seidio!

SEIDIO | BlackBerry Classic Accessories

Never had one. Don't look like the spring clip offers much protection. Is the combo very bulky? Or is the combo a spring clip with a cover? Or do you use the spring clip with a soft shell?
    Gotta have one.

Did you order one? Direct or from Amazon?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-22-15 at 03:55 AM.
    01-22-15 03:40 AM
    Since he doesn't plan on using it on his belt, I actually think the Seidio option would be the worst of all.

Posted via CB10
    He asked for a holster. They make holsters. Whether he uses it in the manner in which it was intended doesn't matter at all to me or Seidio. So I don't see the issue.

01-22-15 09:32 AM
    Never had one. Don't look like the spring clip offers much protection. Is the combo very bulky? Or is the combo a spring clip with a cover? Or do you use the spring clip with a soft shell?
    Gotta have one.

Did you order one? Direct or from Amazon?
    The combo is the surface case, and a holster made to be used with the phone with the case on it. I use the spring clip since I never use a case with my phone. But if you want a case to protect the phone, the Surface Case and Holster Combo will work for you.

And Amazon doesn't have it yet. These showed up on the Seidio website yesterday. I ordered one straight from the site.

Mr4aces likes this.
    01-22-15 09:34 AM
    Love the classic BlackBerry leather holster.
    Bought it in Canada on blueshop.ca 29.99 cad with free shipping.

Had it about a week now and at first it was a little snug getting in and out but after a week it's perfect now.

Highly recommend it

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 11:51 AM
    I mean the leather pouch *** not the holster. Sorry

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 11:52 AM
    The combo is the surface case, and a holster made to be used with the phone with the case on it. I use the spring clip since I never use a case with my phone. But if you want a case to protect the phone, the Surface Case and Holster Combo will work for you.

And Amazon doesn't have it yet. These showed up on the Seidio website yesterday. I ordered one straight from the site.

Never used a holster prior to the Classic. Didn't like the cover on the 99 so ran naked and dropped it many times. This classic is a little heavier and bigger so I'm using a holster and cover. The leather type is difficult to get out quickly and the Seidio looks like a quicker set up. It looks like the Seidio cover is bulkier than a soft shell. Don't know if I like that. Do you think the soft shell will tightly fit the Surface holster. Not about the money. About bulk.

Your opinion?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-22-15 at 03:08 PM.
    01-22-15 02:29 PM
    Never used a holster prior to the Classic. Didn't like the cover on the 99 so ran naked and dropped it many times. This classic is a little heavier and bigger so I'm using a holster and cover. The leather type is difficult to get out quickly and the Seidio looks like a quicker set up. It looks like the Seidio cover is bulkier than a soft shell. Don't know if I like that. Do you think the soft shell will tightly fit the Surface holster. Not about the money. About bulk.

Your opinion?

Posted via CB10
    The holster will only work with the correct case. It's not like a pouch where the phone just slides in, it's shaped specifically for it, any difference and it will not fit at all. The Surface case should not be bulky, I've seen the images and it looks pretty slim...

Mr4aces likes this.
    01-22-15 03:31 PM
    This is what I do with EVERY BB I've ever owned.. Buy a super slim silicon case or a "barelythere" case(when they start making them), and get the swivel leather case. In all my years of trail and error, the swivel case is the only case that will accommodate an extra slim case on the phone too, to protect the top of the phone.

**Disclaimer** the phone, with the slim case on, will be a super tight squeeze when first put inside the swivel case. That's normal due to it being brand new leather. After normal use, the phone will slide in and out easily! I found the best way to work-in the leather is to put the case on the phone, then in the swivel case over night a couple nights..Works like a charm!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    01-22-15 06:25 PM
    This is what I do with EVERY BB I've ever owned.. Buy a super slim silicon case or a "barelythere" case(when they start making them), and get the swivel leather case. In all my years of trail and error, the swivel case is the only case that will accommodate an extra slim case on the phone too, to protect the top of the phone.

**Disclaimer** the phone, with the slim case on, will be a super tight squeeze when first put inside the swivel case. That's normal due to it being brand new leather. After normal use, the phone will slide in and out easily! I found the best way to work-in the leather is to put the case on the phone, then in the swivel case over night a couple nights..Works like a charm!

Seidio holsters are sooooo much quicker to remove and replace the phone than these pouch-type holsters. That's why I always recommend them. The only downside is that if something hits the release tab your phone will be falling out of the holster, lol. Had that happen to me twice, so not too much, but it happens.

01-22-15 06:59 PM
    Seidio holsters are sooooo much quicker to remove and replace the phone than these pouch-type holsters. That's why I always recommend them. The only downside is that if something hits the release tab your phone will be falling out of the holster, lol. Had that happen to me twice, so not too much, but it happens.

Yea, I went that route once..after I dropped my phone like you, I stopped going that route lol. It's a pain to work in the leather for about a week or 2, but from a protection standpoint it works perfect. Even if I get "butter fingers" and drop it while pulling it out of the swivel case, I still have the gel case on. Ever since I started doing that combo(started on the Storm 2,9900 & Q10), I haven't had a scratch on any of my phones when it's time to upgrade to the next. My old/backup BB'S are in mint condition with the gel case/swivel case combo. Only time I take it out of both is when I'm wearing a suit and I use the pocket pouch!

01-22-15 07:27 PM
    Yea, I went that route once..after I dropped my phone like you, I stopped going that route lol. It's a pain to work in the leather for about a week or 2, but from a protection standpoint it works perfect. Even if I get "butter fingers" and drop it while pulling it out of the swivel case, I still have the gel case on. Ever since I started doing that combo(started on the Storm 2,9900 & Q10), I haven't had a scratch on any of my phones when it's time to upgrade to the next. My old/backup BB'S are in mint condition with the gel case/swivel case combo. Only time I take it out of both is when I'm wearing a suit and I use the pocket pouch!

My Q10 fell face first onto a pile of jagged rocks... And nothing happened to it... lol

01-22-15 07:42 PM
33 12