I sure loved my 9930. Everything about it was amazing. Everything but the track pad that would freak every time I was outside. Seemed as if it were overly sensitive to light. My screen would go crazy with the scrolling up and down (depending on how the light was hitting the track pad I guess). This drove me nuts. Only way I could stop the frantic scrolling was to block (put my thumb over) the track pad. Like magic it would stop.

Was thrilled when the Q10 came out because my track pad problems were over. Still loving this thing.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has come across the notorious track pad/bright light issue with their beloved Classics?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:55 PM
    okay, so the old trackpad was notoriously sensitive. I am sorry I can't help you with any real life tested info, but I know that its not the same trackpad, it might even use slightly diff tech. I also know they addressed some issues with the pad. I just don't know if it addresses your issues. Sorry couldn't be of more help. Try a display model somewhere I guess?
    03-04-15 01:18 AM
    my trackpad never did that on the 9900 and it hasn't done it on my Classic either.
    03-04-15 11:12 AM
    I have never experienced that issue with my 9930 (or my Classic).
    As far as the track pad on the Classic goes, I find I'm seldom using it.....unlike my 9930 I can easily (and unerringly) use my fingers with the excellent touch screen to make menu selections etc.
    --Zip
    03-04-15 04:29 PM
    Can echo the other comments here....never had any issues with the trackpad on my Bold 9930. The Classic so far seems to work fine in all lighting conditions. With the touch screen I don't use the trackpad all the time but find it extremely nice navigating through the hub or on Web pages if I'm trying to go one handed at that point in time. It is very nice to have that option there when you need it. Remember as well the screen on the Classic is larger than the Q10 as well. For me the Q10 always seemed small light and cramped.

Posted via CB10 and my BlackBerry Classic
    03-04-15 05:01 PM
    I had no issues with light freaking out my track pad on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:27 PM
    I think the only issue you will find in the beginning is that the track pad on the Classic feels much smaller compared to the 9900/9930

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:00 PM