Ok so I clearly do not understand the device security vs media card encryption situation on my Classic.

My understanding is/ my desire is to encrypt my media card ONLY. Seems legit in my brain.

So I go into my settings etc and i get the message that I can't encrypt the media card until I enable device security feature. SO I do that and then go ahead and encrypt my media card.

Theoretically all is well...... BUT.... I don't want to put a password in to unlock my phone. Nor do I want to have to enter a PW every time I use BB Blend etc.

Since I keep nothing on my device and all documents/ photos/ vids on my media card I don't feel a need to lock my device.

Is it possible to only lock/ encrypt the media card without pw protecting the phone it's self?
    01-07-16 08:52 AM
    I don't see how, isn't the password what encrypts the file system? When your system is locked, the file system is encrypted and temporary stored password is wiped from RAM.

Perhaps you can use an app to encrypt your sensitive files instead? You'd still need a password to unlock, just far less often.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 03:15 PM
    I don't see how, isn't the password what encrypts the file system? When your system is locked, the file system is encrypted and temporary stored password is wiped from RAM.

Perhaps you can use an app to encrypt your sensitive files instead? You'd still need a password to unlock, just far less often.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I don't have a clue.
    I really have nothing on my device that concerns me if it's stolen or whatever. But the media card is where info I want protected resides.

Regarding an app.... welI haven't come across anything yet.
    01-08-16 08:23 AM
    Doesn't look like you can disable device password and have encryption enabled.
    Encryption relies on your device password.

Posted via CB10
    FernleyE likes this.
    01-08-16 09:13 AM
    Yeah I don't have a clue.
    I really have nothing on my device that concerns me if it's stolen or whatever. But the media card is where info I want protected resides.

Regarding an app.... welI haven't come across anything yet.
    Searching for "password protect files" turned up a number of app results in BBW.
    FernleyE likes this.
    01-08-16 12:27 PM