Yes I would likely go for the Classic as well. The removable battery of the Q10 is definitely a plus; however, the Classic's size and toolbelt make it just that iconic BlackBerry device. I guess for me, since I've used a Bold 9700 before, it feels like such a familiar device.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 07:46 AM
    In my opinion the track pad is invaluable.

I am constantly using it for precise cursor movements, Web browsing and quick text selecting.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 09:49 AM
    Classic without a doubt. And I've had both

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 10:32 AM
    Buy the Classic via Shop BlackBerry or Amazon and you have 30 days to decide. I'll bet anything you DON'T return the Classic . Learn to use the tool belt , track pad and short cuts and it's a done deal. Seriously awesome device.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    Nance_Luke likes this.
    12-31-15 05:23 PM
    Buy the Classic via Shop BlackBerry or Amazon and you have 30 days to decide. I'll bet anything you DON'T return the Classic . Learn to use the tool belt , track pad and short cuts and it's a done deal. Seriously awesome device.

Yeah I got the Classic from Shop BlackBerry a week ago and I have to say, the battery life is actually a lot better than I thought it would be! I am getting through the day a lot easier.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 05:59 PM
    Take the Q10. The classic is just a q10 with a toolbelt and higher price. You won't regret the Q even one bit.. little beast.
    Posted via white Q

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 03:38 AM
    Between the Classic's keyboard and the Q10's, which is easier for one-handed use?

Posted via CB 10 | STA100-3 Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    01-01-16 08:38 PM
    Between the Classic's keyboard and the Q10's, which is easier for one-handed use?

I have average sized hands for a woman so I'm biased towards Q10 for comfortable one handed use and tend to stretch just a little for the Classic. Q10 wins hands down. Both kb are comfortable to use albeit Classic being so clicky and Q10 is less clickier.

 Blackberryist 
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-01-16 09:24 PM
    The kb on the Q is only about 1/4 inch smaller in width than the Classic and about the same height, so for me, they are about the same. One handed use overall goes to the Classic hands down. This is due to the tool belt/track pad.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-01-16 10:33 PM

For me, the Q10 is easier for one handed use because the keys are a bit smaller and width of the phone is narrower. With Classic, my hands and fingers really have to stretch a bit more than I do with Q10. Love both phones though.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-02-16 01:18 AM

If all you care about is one-handedness, the Q10 is slightly smaller so it's a little bit easier. But overall the Classic's keyboard is SIGNIFICANTLY faster to type on compared to the Q10. Out of all of the BB's, I would order them: Classic, 9900, 9000, Q10 in order from best to worst. But that's two-handed typing. One-handed, I do it with the Classic but some shifting is required for me, I don't have large hands.

Edit: Sorry, I misread your question. You asked about one-handed USE. I was only answering for typing. The Classic is better at one-handed use without question. I feel like those saying the Q10 is haven't used a Classic or never took the time to learn all of the shortcuts and tricks with the toolbelt before giving up on it. The toolbelt makes the Classic the best one-handed BB10 phone hands down. If you get one and need tips on how to make full use of it, I'll be glad to list you all of the things you can do with it that will make your life a lot easier...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Avenzuno and idssteve like this.
    01-02-16 08:41 AM
    The kb on the Q is only about 1/4 inch smaller in width than the Classic and about the same height, so for me, they are about the same. One handed use overall goes to the Classic hands down. This is due to the tool belt/track pad.

Posted via CB10
    Edit: Oops, I did misread the question, it was asked about one-handed use, not one-handed typing, my mistake... (End Edit)

Yep, I agree, I think he/she asked for one-handed typing though unless I misread. But I agree that overall one-handed use of the phone is a lot easier on the Classic thanks to the toolbelt. I can't even use the Q10 anymore now that I've used the Classic...

01-02-16 08:42 AM
    Classic No brainer.. as a former Q10 user who always experiencing double typing issue im kinda annoyed sometimes.. After 3 weeks with my Classic typing is not an issue. my first BlackBerry device is q10 1 1/2 years and for the first time for how many years I was not even tempted to change device too bad I was robbed less than a month ago. I was spoiled by the keyboard. im not really into games. productivity wise BlackBerry rocks.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 10:05 AM
    I appreciate everyone's input. I currently tote a Z30, which is awesome, but I want to start out the New Year using a device that could be make me more efficient and productive. If I get the Q10 or Classic, I'll likely they using it with holding it in my left hand while typing with either my left thumb or right index finger. The tiny trackpad of the Classic intrigues me, because I would be swiping less from the glass, and staying on the PKB and toolbelt. While I haven't ever used BBOS phones, my PKB history lies with the Nokia E71 and most of the Palm webOS devices, including the Veer and Pre3. I'm now trying to weigh such factors as weight, cost, removable battery, and Qi charging, the latter of which I already have with my Verizon Z30. I'll head over to at&t to check out the Classic and see if left-thumbed use of typing and toolbelt agrees with me.

01-02-16 10:11 AM
    I appreciate everyone's input. I currently tote a Z30, which is awesome, but I want to start out the New Year using a device that could be make me more efficient and productive. If I get the Q10 or Classic, I'll likely they using it with holding it in my left hand while typing with either my left thumb or right index finger. The tiny trackpad of the Classic intrigues me, because I would be swiping less from the glass, and staying on the PKB and toolbelt. While I haven't ever used BBOS phones, my PKB history lies with the Nokia E71 and most of the Palm webOS devices, including the Veer and Pre3. I'm now trying to weigh such factors as weight, cost, removable battery, and Qi charging, the latter of which I already have with my Verizon Z30. I'll head over to at&t to check out the Classic and see if left-thumbed use of typing and toolbelt agrees with me.

get classic u will never regret it. battery is way way better comparing to q10 though I want q10's back hehe the material is so premium. the only drawback is that classic do have a non removable battery which is for me not an issue

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-02-16 10:15 AM
    get classic u will never regret it. battery is way way better comparing to q10 though I want q10's back hehe the material is so premium. the only drawback is that classic do have a non removable battery which is for me not an issue

Posted via CB10
    That's where I'm leaning right now, primarily because of the overall experience with using both the PKB and toolbelt, with occasional one finger use, before I can get used to typing with two hands. This would be my primary work communication device, so the Classic's look screams business. Although I long for the old days of having a removable battery, I realize I'll likely be getting a new device after 2-3 years anyway, because all signs point to the slow death of BlackBerry 10.

Yes, I do love the Z30's glass weave backing the Q10 also has. While I'd love to get the Cobalt Blue Classic, it doesn't do wireless charging. I'm likely to get a case with a bit of lip anyway, so a royal blue Seido case should pair nicely with a black Classic w/Qi charging.

01-02-16 10:24 AM
    forgot to quote sorry
    01-02-16 10:49 AM
    That's where I'm leaning right now, primarily because of the overall experience with using both the PKB and toolbelt, with occasional one finger use, before I can get used to typing with two hands. This would be my primary work communication device, so the Classic's look screams business. Although I long for the old days of having a removable battery, I realize I'll likely be getting a new device after 2-3 years anyway, because all signs point to the slow death of BlackBerry 10.

Yes, I do love the Z30's glass weave backing the Q10 also has. While I'd love to get the Cobalt Blue Classic, it doesn't do wireless charging. I'm likely to get a case with a bit of lip anyway, so a royal blue Seido case should pair nicely with a black Classic w/Qi charging.

hehe get the classic and keyboard will be so addicting to use.. I never get to struggle with touch screen again. as I was a android user from 2012 up to mid 2014 and I do type fast with my classic.. Blue cobalt is pretty nice color.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-02-16 10:50 AM
    "simply typing ... is a stop everything and pay attention moment"
    That is my top complaint with on-screen keyboards. Even with MessageEase (the best I've tried by far), typing on a virtual kb requires 100% of my attention. I mean that literally; if it happens while I'm typing on a vkb, I'll likely miss it.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-02-16 11:17 AM
    The Q

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 12:04 PM
    I've never used the Q10 before, as I type this on my Classic, but for anyone that's actually used both of them before: how do the keyboards compare? I read somewhere here that the Q10 keyboard is more "squishy" than the Classic's more "clicky" keyboard, is that true?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 12:26 PM
    I've never used the Q10 before, as I type this on my Classic, but for anyone that's actually used both of them before: how do the keyboards compare? I read somewhere here that the Q10 keyboard is more "squishy" than the Classic's more "clicky" keyboard, is that true?

Posted via CB10
    I would say that my Q10 feels clicky, while the Classic I have briefly used feels more 'cushioned' but easier to press.

Another side note and advantage of the Q10 is it has an Amoled screen and as a result has a dark theme at certain spots throughout the OS. Like the file manager for example, while the classic has light blue folders on top of a white background, the Q10 has blue folders on top a black background. All blacks and dark colors melt away with the device on the Q10, and of course saves on batter life.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 01:03 PM

I am a user that switched from my beloved Z30 when I picked up a Cobalt Blue on sale over Thanksgiving. I am really enjoying the Classic. I cannot speak to the Q but take Slagman up on his hints and tips with the tool belt and track pad. Learn those and give yourself a week or so with the keyboard and shortcuts and you will be hooked! I really like having one handed use again.

01-02-16 01:11 PM

The AT&T Classic is said to support PMA wireless charging, but in fact it supports both qi and pma. I currently use a qi charger with my AT&T Classic and it works fine.

Avenzuno likes this.
    01-02-16 02:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    I went from a 9000 to 9900 to Q10 and now a Classic. I can't tell you for sure about the clickiness between the two, I have my Q10 at home, but I'm not at home right now, but typing on the Classic is the best experience. I think the slight curve of the old keyboards helped with the typing, so when they straightened the keys for the Q10, it took a little getting used to, but even after 2 years of using it, I was fast with it, but not as natural as I was with the older BBOS phones, meaning no-look typing was still not quite "there" on the Q10. The Classic's keyboard is also straight, but is also larger. The slight size difference must be all that it needed because my no-look typing is back. :-)

01-02-16 02:16 PM
75 123