Hi there,

I am making the switch from an S4, and I am wondering which device I should go for.

I have been a long time Blackberry user. Also is it easier to switch from the classic to the Q10 - nano vs micro sim?

Thanks in advance.
    J
    12-22-15 01:24 AM
    Yeah I switch between the classic and the Q10. The classic sim card works with the Q10 you just have to put it right. Just to the right side make the three gold lines alligned with the tray in the phone. Simple

They are the same except the Classic has a bigger screen a better battery and a useful toolbelt which I find really helpful. I find myself using the classic more. Goodluck mate

Posted via CB10
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    12-22-15 02:13 AM
    There are a lot of Q10 diehards on here so I'm sure that you'll hear from them soon enough. I think that the only advantage the Q has on the Classic is portability. If that isn't the MOST important thing for you then get the Classic. The toolbelt is very useful at times (no, it's not necessary but it makes some actions much easier to perform) and the overall design of the device carries that old iconic BlackBerry goodness that the world needs more of.
    12-22-15 02:39 AM
    Classic can use USB OTG. Aside the other differences compared with Q10 (bigger screen but same resolution, the toolbelt, bigger battery but not removable, bigger all around and heavier). I have went from Q10 to Classic to passport. For me being able to use a USB stick was very important.
    12-22-15 02:49 AM
    Get the Classic!!
    For all the reasons mentioned. And plus, I don't have greasy finger marks all over my screen. Thanks trackpad!

Posted via CB10
    fkornre likes this.
    12-22-15 09:28 AM
    IMHO the pros and cons of both are:

Classic - pros: toolbelt / con: too big (wide and tall)
    Q10 - pros: I prefer the smaller size. Very nice in hand(s) / cons: no toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 11:05 AM
    I had both. Well had the Q10 and have the Classic now.

The Classic is a lot better. The Q10 seems tiny now by comparison, and the toolbelt was really nicely integrated into BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    J_Apryono likes this.
    12-22-15 01:30 PM
    Classic everytime. On paper the screen size isn't that much bigger but it does make a big difference in real life. You'll learn to love the tool belt also once you make yourself use it for a while. The only plus on the q10 for me is the removable battery but the classic has better battery life anyway. Trust me

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 01:56 PM
    What about the phone freezing and double typing issue ?

also if for whatever reason I had to switch from a classic to another phone that has a simcard slot fit for a micro Sim. Is that hard to do? Or is it a pain switching ? Please advise

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 04:25 PM
    No problems with freezing (now I will) and I did have double typing but it has gone away with the updated OS. The Classic is a great business phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 04:36 PM
    No problems with freezing (now I will) and I did have double typing but it has gone away with the updated OS. The Classic is a great business phone.

Posted via CB10
    Perfect. Thanks for letting me know. I use my phone a ton for emails especially for work. Does anyone know how I can transfer all my contacts from the micro Sim to nano simcard with ease? I do not want to save each one manually that would be a real pain. I have close to 400 contacts.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 04:39 PM
    Since your choice is clearly between the Q and the C let's keep few informed guess out of the way. Such as
    - you are familiar (&happy) with BB10
    - you absolutely must have pkb
    - screen size difference of mere 0.4 inches between the two does not make C way too big over Q or Q too small versus C
    - price difference is not a concern for you

Given both the devices run nearly same internals,the difference between the two narrows down to just one aspect - USER EXPERIENCE.

Personally for me user experience means combination of (a) look & feel and (!) form & functionality. Let's look at both.

Look & feel

To me, C is THE iconic and stylish BlackBerry ever built to date. Period. Lay them side by side and C screams quality waiting to be picked up and used. Q is no slouch either when it comes to looks but without the tool-belt (more on this next section) and less impressive black paint on its metal frame, Q seems to be trying hard to hide its blemish. Now look at C. It looks like that guy who's prepared and cut out for the big occasion. Oozing confidence. The pkb feels ever so slightly soft to the type. Rubberised back adds grip and endurance while the camera forehead is touch of aesthetic beauty. You never have to feel unsure if the battery door locked itself perfectly in place. Volume and mute keys are rock solid. No loose parts making unnecessary noise.

Form & functionality

This squarely comes down to tool-belt. Tool-belt has become such a polarising phenomenon among BlackBerry enthusiasts that for every 1 hater there are those 100 admirers. I would concede that the tool-belt offers a lot of functionality to the user notwithstanding BB10 is essentially a gesture based UI. Some subtle and brilliant attention to functionality details indicate that folks at BlackBerry did not include it just to impress the legacy users but have genuinely implemented nice ideas. For example the menu button already highlights the near accurate action one would take on the particular page. If all goes well for BB10 the trackpad could combine a fingerprint sensor in C's next iteration. Wishful thinking but hey you get the point. Press end+back to close app quickly from active frame. Can't get quicker than that. Imagine you almost always perform your phone tasks within the travel range of your thumb. This is brutal efficiency.

Good luck with the C and let us know what you went with finally. You can't go wrong with either though.
    Last edited by Venky Sankaran; 12-22-15 at 08:45 PM.
    12-22-15 05:30 PM
    Couple more

Micro USB charging port placement in Q is very awkward. There will be times an urgent message has to be sent while the phone is still charging. With charging cable at the side the phone is not entirely in control creating less ergonomic experience. C however got the port placement right at the bottom centre. Perfect.

LCD screen in C is way brighter and easier on the eye than the dull amoled of Q. And what about Q's screen white balance? Let's not even get there.
    12-22-15 05:51 PM
    These are really good 👆if you like to swap micro sd cards I suggest Q10 since the Classic uses a pin tool to eject the tray. Both devices can be use one handed and in my opinion the Classic feels nicer in hand and the keyboard is just comfortable to type on. But then again I tend to switch between these two devices and I love both. Screen, camera are slightly better on Classic. The toolbelt is a blessing for very effective multitasking.

 Blackberryist 
    12-22-15 07:46 PM
    Regarding the sim and contacts.
    12-22-15 08:26 PM
    I've owned both. The Classic trumps the Q10 in pretty much every category except one, and that is the replaceable battery.
    Oh, and unfortunately I've had the double typing issue on both devices. The Q10 got really bad to the point where I had to order a replacement keyboard, which worked fine for a little while until the issue cropped up again. The Classic also started having double-typing issues, but they kind of disappeared on their own after a little while and I haven't had problems since.
    12-23-15 04:55 AM
    Made the jump to the classic... so far I am liking it. I have missed the qwerty keypad. Feels good to be back to normal!
    12-24-15 01:14 PM
    Made the jump to the classic... so far I am liking it. I have missed the qwerty keypad. Feels good to be back to normal!
    Was walking in the mall the other day and had to reply to a text. Instead of blindly walking in a crowded walkway, or stopping to reply, I typed the entire reply without looking at the phone so I can pay attention to where I'm walking. I looked at it later and there were no typos... While on my Android that I use for when I drive Uber, simply typing a password to log into something is a stop everything and pay attention moment, and even then I would sometimes make a mistake and would have to type it over. Yep, us silly people "still" using BB's are really missing out...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-24-15 02:46 PM
    Extremely happy with my new Classic. Excellent mobile device. Love the keyboard, track pad and usage of the menu and call and end buttons. Learn how to use it and it flies. Super productive. Call quality is exceptional. I was shopping at the mall and a young very social gal from a phone kiosk stopped me and asked if I was using one of the new Blackberrys. She said, and this is no joke, she was tired of her iphone, that it was boring, simple and that her BlackBerry (had the 9900) was the best messaging and calling device she has ever owned. She asked to hold it and loved the look of the Cobalt Blue Classic (it is exceptionally sharp) and the form factor. It was interesting. BTW I am finding it can and does take some exceptional photos.
    Help me make a choice between the Classic or Q10-img_20151223_162756_hdr.jpg
    Help me make a choice between the Classic or Q10-img_20151223_155954_hdr.jpg

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    coffeeaddict305 likes this.
    12-24-15 07:18 PM
    Well if you OP were very particular about the removable battery, you probably wouldn't be asking this question.

Thus - I'd say go for the Classic. The keyboard is exceptional and better than the Q10's and I'd argue it has been their best keyboard ever made to date.

Only probably is the quality of build seems to be highly variable after the Z30...

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 09:10 PM
    Q10. Better made. Better looking. Better os integration. Trackpad is superfluous.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and modifier like this.
    12-25-15 11:40 PM
    Classic. Track pad and tool belt increase productivity greatly and if your debating these two phones then that's probably part of the reason your here. The small difference in screen size on paper makes a big difference in real life.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-25-15 11:50 PM
    You probably can't really go wrong either way. I think the keyboard on the Classic would be the superior one, combined with the toolbelt too, can't really go wrong with it.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 09:55 AM
    Q10. Better made. Better looking. Better os integration. Trackpad is superfluous. In my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Fixed it for you man. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    undefinederror and bigjman like this.
    12-26-15 02:13 PM
    Classic!

The tool belt is totally worth it!

Screen size is perfection!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 06:11 PM
75 123