So today I swapped out my passport for a classic + some cash with some fellow from kijiji because I wanted to try it. I spent all day yesterday making sure all my media content was moved off of my passport device and on to my 64gb Sony MicroSDXC card. I popped it into my classic and instantly got a notificaiton "Media Card Problem, go to storage settings for details"

Horrified, I did so. In storage settings there is an option that ays "Download Storage Device Driver", and underneath it it says, "This update will install support for USB and SDXC media cards". Wow perfect right? Exactly what I was looking for. Wrong. I click it and it says "An error occured and the driver was not downloaded. Go to settings> storage and Access and try again". WTF!?? Can somebody please help me with this issue, thanks!
    03-22-15 04:48 PM
    So today I swapped out my passport for a classic + some cash with some fellow from kijiji because I wanted to try it. I spent all day yesterday making sure all my media content was moved off of my passport device and on to my 64gb Sony MicroSDXC card. I popped it into my classic and instantly got a notificaiton "Media Card Problem, go to storage settings for details"

Horrified, I did so. In storage settings there is an option that ays "Download Storage Device Driver", and underneath it it says, "This update will install support for USB and SDXC media cards". Wow perfect right? Exactly what I was looking for. Wrong. I click it and it says "An error occured and the driver was not downloaded. Go to settings> storage and Access and try again". WTF!?? Can somebody please help me with this issue, thanks!
    What software version is your Classic running? What variant is it? While it may not directly impact what's happening here, it's good to know before we start troubleshooting.

FWIW, My SDXC card worked fine in my Classic.
    03-22-15 05:54 PM
    What software version is your Classic running? What variant is it? While it may not directly impact what's happening here, it's good to know before we start troubleshooting.

FWIW, My SDXC card worked fine in my Classic.
    release 10.3.1.1450 , os version 10.3.1.2072, unlocked from bell running on rogers
    03-22-15 05:56 PM
    hey friend. I took time to restore my classic from my last passport backup, reinserted the media card and it says "media card ready for use" Working!! Thanks
    03-22-15 05:59 PM
    I am having the same problem with my z30. Literally transferred the media card from an old z30 to a new one. I'm using 10.3.1.1889. It's mind boggling... thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 09:06 AM
    Was your media card encrypted to your old phone?
    07-01-15 11:19 AM
    Whenever I do something like switching phones I always back the contents of my SD card to the computer... then when I switch my SD card I format it using the new devices to avoid any issues... then put the stuff on my computer back on the Blackberry... never had any issues

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 11:25 AM
    This happened to me when I switched to the Classic last week from my Passport.

Order of events:
    1. Inserted SD card
    2. Fired up the classic
    3. Received the same messages that the OP did
    4. Restored the Classic from my Passport backup
    5. Still got errors from the SD
    6. Removed SD and reinserted
    7. Phone recognized it and all worked fine

Posted via my (temporary) BlackBerry Classic
    07-01-15 01:01 PM
    Backing up the card isn't an issue, just confused how that it won't accept it especially with it being the same phone and OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 05:34 PM
    The best practice to avoid issues is to format the card in the device it's being used in, so the suggestion above to remove media using a computer then formatting the card in the new phone, then transferring back the media would be good.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:58 PM

I had the same thing happen! So I did a bit of research and writing it has to do with the current version of os it came with. Download a current leak to update the os then re download the driver and then it worked!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-05-15 03:08 AM
    Well I got it to work, I rebooted, and after that input it in and it worked... somehow

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:12 AM

I had the same glitch with the stockbos my rogers device came with and I installed a leak and it then rcognized!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-10-15 11:37 AM
    My z30 says media card need sdxc driver bit it not download and I try to formate in computer then put my BlackBerry z30 but again it says sdxc driver needed and error accured

Posted via CB10
    06-19-18 08:51 AM