Is it just the coil that's different, though? You don't need a special cover/door? And the battery is the same for non-wireless charging models and wireless charging models? Genuine questions, I don't know.

Pretty bad, actually. Raining and windy. But we could use the rain.

Ever looked in the mirror before lecturing others on snarkiness?
    If it comes with the device you do not need anything special, it is built into the device.
    As far as snarkiness, that is your forte, I was just poorly attempting to be funny.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 06:06 PM
    Not sure exactly how BB does it, but in other platforms like Android phones, it's a coil on the battery cover.
    When you say 'battery cover,' you mean the 'battery door' that lifts to give you access to the battery and/or SIM/microSD cards?

Good thing BB's hardware overall is solid quality, and not POS like Samsung. I've had to replace the battery door on my GS3 twice, which is why it came to me as a possible part that could be different b/w the two types of models.
    12-15-14 06:14 PM
    When you say 'battery cover,' you mean the 'battery door' that lifts to give you access to the battery and/or SIM/microSD cards?

Good thing BB's hardware overall is solid quality, and not POS like Samsung. I've had to replace the battery door on my GS3 twice, which is why it came to me as a possible part that could be different b/w the two types of models.
    Yes, that flimsy battery door would have had the coil in the GS3, and yes, it breaks and you'll need to replace it. I've never had a BB battery door break on me, ever. But the one on the Samsung GS3 is pretty flimsy...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    raino likes this.
    12-15-14 06:29 PM
    If one gets charged at 30% slower then with 5 it will pretty much ground to a halt.
    Dude stop quoting me out of context. I have said several times that MY charger (that was cheap by the way) charges 30% (very roughly) slower. You keep stating it like it's a fact that all of them do.

I got hit with 2 feet of snow last Wed. I was happy my phone was warm that day!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 08:29 PM
    Bump... so no news about this during the launch event?
    12-17-14 10:21 AM
    Looking to get some insight on whether or not the Bell Canada version of the Classic will support wireless charging... only reason I'm upgrading from my Q10 to the classic is because the stupid micro USB port has gone to **** (which I believe is a result of my "BB Premium Car Charger"... which also ate my external BB battery charger micro usb port!!)... so if the Classic on Bell has Qi charging that would be well worth it!

My only other gripe is the move from Super AMOLED to TFT screen... won't this negatively affect battery life? (in spite of 2500 vs 2100 mAh battery?)
    12-17-14 10:30 AM
    Bump... so no news about this during the launch event?
    Good news. The Safety&Product Information docs have gone up, and the -2 (aka the AT&T version,) the -3 and the -5 (aka the Verizon versions) have a blurb about both Qi and PMA. Looking at the Wireless Power Consortium's (group behind Qi) website, they list the -3 and -5 as Qi-certified. The Power Matters Alliance (group behind PMA) list the -2 as PMA-certified.

So to sum it up,

SQC100-2 (AT&T): PMA
    SQC100-3 (Verizon, camera): Qi
    SQC100-5 (Verizon, non-camera): Qi

Maybe this has been pointed out before, but PMA's website also lists an SQW100-3, with a newer certifcation date than the SQC100-2. SQW is the Passport's designation...

Looking to get some insight on whether or not the Bell Canada version of the Classic will support wireless charging...
    I don't think so, but it would all depend on which model Bell and Telus decide to carry. I have a feeling they'll both go for the -4, which does not have wireless charging.

The -2 is compatible with Bell's networks though. And both the -3 (and -5) and the -2 are compatible with Telus'.
    12-17-14 12:43 PM
    So does the one being sold by Amazon have qi? I really want to buy one but not sure I can go back to plugging in.
    12-18-14 02:44 AM
    So does the one being sold by Amazon have qi?
    No, it does not
    12-18-14 08:01 AM
    The -2 is compatible with Bell's networks though. And both the -3 (and -5) and the -2 are compatible with Telus'.
    Good to hear... even more inclined to the Verizon now. I just ported out from Bell to Koodo (Telus) so 3 would be my perfect device it seems.
    12-18-14 03:08 PM
    Question about the PMA AT&T model Classic, I had a 9700 with PMA charging and i had to replace my battery door cover. Does anyone know if the Classic will have to have a new cover as well or will it be like a Qi coil that can be concealed under the oem cover. Reason is if the only difference between the Att model and Unlocked model on Amazon is wireless charging and I have to replace the door I'm just going to buy the Amazon model. Not a fan of that bulky door i had on the 9700
    12-18-14 03:20 PM
    Classic's battery isn't removable, no? So not sure if the back cover is removable.
    12-18-14 03:22 PM
    so what is the physical difference between the -4 and -2? Can the -4 be converted to wireless charging?
    12-18-14 03:24 PM
    Classic's battery isn't removable, no? So not sure if the back cover is removable.
    You are correct i just checked the specs again and you can't remove the battery. Not a big fan of this as I carry spare battery and I like to be able to replace worn batteries after lots of use. Not everyone replaces their device every few years when the battery can't hold a charge as good as a new battery. This begs the question if the -2 has the internal PMA connection built in
    12-18-14 03:24 PM
    You are correct i just checked the specs again and you can't remove the battery. Not a big fan of this as I carry spare battery and I like to be able to replace worn batteries after lots of use. Not everyone replaces their device every few years when the battery can't hold a charge as good as a new battery. This begs the question if the -2 has the internal PMA connection built in
    These devices are fairly easy to take apart. I'm sure there will be a You Tube video on this within a few months. That is why I was wondering what the difference between wireless and non wireless.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-18-14 03:56 PM
    I've taken every one of my blackberries apart one time or another back from the 62xx series to 9900 now, just not a fan of the change which allows for quick battery swaps. I imagine the wireless has the inductive panel built in.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-18-14 04:06 PM
    I've taken every one of my blackberries apart one time or another back from the 62xx series to 9900 now, just not a fan of the change which allows for quick battery swaps. I imagine the wireless has the inductive panel built in.
    Into the back panel? Might be an easy R & R
    12-18-14 04:23 PM
    I have no info what so ever on the PMA function of the -2, I just hope it is designed to be sleek and fit and form is better than 9700 cover i had in the past. Like yourself I'm gathering info and researching
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-18-14 04:25 PM
    PM me if you find something I will do the same
    12-18-14 04:31 PM
    Someone on here will probably have the info long before us
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-18-14 04:34 PM
    Good to hear... even more inclined to the Verizon now. I just ported out from Bell to Koodo (Telus) so 3 would be my perfect device it seems.
    I am not sure how easy it would be to get a phone from them off-contract (or AT&T, for that matter.) Carriers hate doing that.

Hopefully it will become available on Amazon under the "replacement device/no-contract" option for Verizon. That would be the easiest way to go.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-18-14 07:55 PM
    Amazon does sell both AT&T and Verizon phones off-contract. Heck even Wirefly has them, albeit inflated prices.

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Q10...UvbUpU11176469

Just click the "Without Service Plan" option...

Heck that's how I got my AT&T HP Veer when it was first released.. Although that was a price error and I got it for $50 no contract...
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-19-14 07:14 AM
147 ... 456