Yep. Some people have said their chargers are faster. My particular one is pretty slow, but like I said I don't use it to fully charge the phone I just use it as a top off.

I'm pretty sure the electromagnetic field generates the heat.

Posted via CB10
    I see several wireless charging mats that advertise cool charging...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-15-14 12:40 PM
    Right, so it takes 30% longer to charge and it also gets hotter.

Sooooo
    You forgot that you don't have to use it and can charge the old fashioned way.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 02:38 PM
    You forgot that you don't have to use it and can charge the old fashioned way.

Posted via CB10
    Then leave it as it is now, an optional extra.

It's a solution to a problem that never existed.
    12-15-14 03:06 PM

LOL. It's a technological advancement. The horse and buggy worked well too. So did the pager. it's hilarious that you want everything to stay the same.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 03:43 PM
    Charge your phone 30% slower!!1! Now that is forward technological advancement. Tomorrow, I'm going to invent something called 'walking' that's going to be a technological advancement over driving to places far away. You guys just watch me get rich.
    12-15-14 03:50 PM
    5 people being able to set their phones on a charging pad to all charge at the same time without plugging in = technological advancement.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 03:55 PM
    5 people being able to charge from one five-port charger and split 8 amps amongst them (where even the slowest charging device can charge faster than with the best wireless charger) = technological advancement.
    12-15-14 04:01 PM
    5 people being able to charge from one five-port charger and split 8 amps amongst them (where even the slowest charging device can charge faster than with the best wireless charger) = technological advancement.
    So I guess the 6th person will have to wait. The funny thing is if I didn't tell someone my Nexus 5 had wireless charging they would never know it. They would just plug it in to charge. It is not forced on anyone. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 04:05 PM

It will be an option. Why is it that if something isn't exactly like the old devices that it has to be wrong? Why are you even looking here? There are tons of old legacy BB devices on sale online, just stick with them forever. Things will keep changing I'm sorry to say...

TgeekB likes this.
    12-15-14 04:07 PM
    Must be fun to have that spiderweb of wires on that desk...

TgeekB likes this.
    12-15-14 04:08 PM
    Must be fun to have that spiderweb of wires on that desk...
    You don't need to keep them plugged in, unless you're in the habit of regularly charging five devices

Note I said devices, and not phones.
    12-15-14 04:10 PM
    Well it's mad cold here, so I'm glad it heats up. Keeps my fingers warm on the way to the car.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 04:13 PM
    You don't need to keep them plugged in, unless you're in the habit of regularly charging five devices

Note I said devices, and not phones.
    Plugged in or not, the wires are always there unless you keep putting them away each time.

12-15-14 04:13 PM
    This thread is delirious...

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 04:15 PM
    It is a technology that is in its early stages of development. There are currently advantages and disadvantages. As our number of electronic devices grow, you have to admit we need to find a way to cut back on wires strewn everywhere. I'm not sure why anyone would be against that.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 04:16 PM
    Plugged in or not, the wires are always there unless you keep putting them away each time.
    I'm guessing it would still take less time to get the extra cables out and put them away than waiting for the tablet hogging the plate to get charged so that I can put other devices on it to charge.
    12-15-14 04:19 PM
    I'm guessing it would still take less time to get the extra cables out and put them away than waiting for the tablet hogging the plate to get charged so that I can put other devices on it to charge.
    I don't know, I'm not really familiar with the situation where I need my device(s) to be charged during the day...

But either way, you're not forced to use it, its presence doesn't negatively affect you in any way at all. If you want to manually connect it to one of the however many cables you have sprawled over your work space, you still have that ability.

TgeekB likes this.
    12-15-14 04:30 PM
    it's too bad the Z30 STA100-5 doesn't have QI charging as standard.
    I definitely would have purchased a wireless charger.
    It looks like no one carries these QI chargers here in Victoria, BC... I've been all over the place (Uptown/ Mayfair/ Bay Centre/ Future Shop/ Staples) and no one carries them!

Off to Amazon I guess.
    12-15-14 04:34 PM
    5 people being able to set their phones on a charging pad to all charge at the same time without plugging in = technological advancement.

Posted via CB10
    If one gets charged at 30% slower then with 5 it will pretty much ground to a halt.
    12-15-14 04:45 PM
    If one gets charged at 30% slower then with 5 it will pretty much ground to a halt.
    I will continue to enjoy it's benefits. There is no argument against it. It will continue to improve and you will have to find a way to deal with it. Might I suggest a Russian Imperial Stout?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:06 PM
    its presence doesn't negatively affect you in any way at all.
    I'm not sure of this, and here's why: BB has put/will put wireless charging only in US carrier-sold models, right? The Z30 -3 from Verizon, and supposedly the AT&T and Verizon Classics, but not the factory unlocked ShopBB STA100-5/-2 or SQC100-4/-1? That to me says that BB doesn't think it's worth the cost of putting this tech in the variants they directly sell to the customer (i.e. the ones that are higher margin for them.) So I feel that if BB was to incorporate this price in their factory unlocked models, they would price the phone accordingly higher (justifiably or unjustifiably, that's for another day...)
    12-15-14 05:20 PM
    I'm not sure of this, and here's why: BB has put/will put wireless charging only in US carrier-sold models, right? The Z30 -3 from Verizon, and supposedly the AT&T and Verizon Classics, but not the factory unlocked ShopBB STA100-5/-2 or SQC100-4/-1? That to me says that BB doesn't think it's worth the cost of putting this tech in the variants they directly sell to the customer (i.e. the ones that are higher margin for them.) So I feel that if BB was to incorporate this price in their factory unlocked models, they would price the phone accordingly higher (justifiably or unjustifiably, that's for another day...)
    It's literally a coil on the battery cover. The difference in costs is probably in the cents... But that's fine, if that's your opinion and you'll stick to it no matter what, then what's the purpose of this anyway? So... How's the weather where you are?

12-15-14 05:33 PM
    Must...stop.....wireless.....charging....

I hear it might snow this week.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:38 PM
    It's literally a coil on the battery cover. The difference in costs is probably in the cents...
    Is it just the coil that's different, though? You don't need a special cover/door? And the battery is the same for non-wireless charging models and wireless charging models? Genuine questions, I don't know.

So... How's the weather where you are?
    Pretty bad, actually. Raining and windy. But we could use the rain.

Must...stop.....wireless.....charging....

I hear it might snow this week.
    Ever looked in the mirror before lecturing others on snarkiness?
    12-15-14 05:50 PM
    Is it just the coil that's different, though? You don't need a special cover/door? And the battery is the same for non-wireless charging models and wireless charging models? Genuine questions, I don't know.

Pretty bad, actually. Raining and windy. But we could use the rain.

Ever looked in the mirror before lecturing others on snarkiness?
    Not sure exactly how BB does it, but in other platforms like Android phones, it's a coil on the battery cover. I'm glad it's getting cooler where I am, the heat here can be unbearable...

raino likes this.
    12-15-14 05:53 PM
147 ... 3456