I'd call it envy
    And I'd call it an understanding of and appreciation for practicality. In this situation, if you're going to need that wired charger anyway, that makes the wireless charger redundant, or dare I say useless, doesn't it?

"2 options better than one" is all well and good, except they aren't equal options.
    12-13-14 03:09 PM
    And I'd call it an understanding of and appreciation for practicality. In this situation, if you're going to need that wired charger anyway, that makes the wireless charger redundant, or dare I say useless, doesn't it?

"2 options better than one" is all well and good, except they aren't equal options.
    In that one described situation, yes. In all situations, no. Wireless charging is convenient and easy, but not necessary. Its an option that many people enjoy.
    12-13-14 04:04 PM
    Ok, name me one successful device that came with "wireless charging"

I rest my case

PS

"Wireless charging" surely must be the most misleading marketing term out there.
    12-14-14 04:44 AM
    Ok, name me one successful device that came with "wireless charging"

I rest my case

PS

"Wireless charging" surely must be the most misleading marketing term out there.
    You can look that up yourself but, if it wasn't popular, Starbucks wouldn't be adding it to all their stores. You act as if you're hurt by it being available to others. LOL
    As far as the term "wireless", there are no wires connected between the device and the charger, thus wireless. .
    12-14-14 07:41 AM
    You can look that up yourself but, if it wasn't popular, Starbucks wouldn't be adding it to all their stores. You act as if you're hurt by it being available to others. LOL
    As far as the term "wireless", there are no wires connected between the device and the charger, thus wireless. .
    Just another gimmick.

And by your definition not only every BB I've had but also every cordless house phone I've had over the years had "wireless charging"
    12-14-14 09:46 AM
    if it wasn't popular, Starbucks wouldn't be adding it to all their stores.
    Starbucks sits on the board of PMA. Powermat, which is the standard that's pushed by PMA, has a data channel that allows for data collection from the phone that's being charged, and this data can then be used for marketing.

But don't let, you know...facts get in your way.
    12-14-14 10:29 AM
    Just another gimmick.

And by your definition not only every BB I've had but also every cordless house phone I've had over the years had "wireless charging"
    Technically there were two metal pieces touching though. I would say the dock is probably in the middle of the two but still a good example. What would you have done in the past if your phone was in the dock with the battery almost dead and it rang? Wasn't that a similar situation as the one you pointed out earlier? Good conversation by the way and I appreciate you being civil about it.
    Edit: Sorry, thought you were talking about the BB dock, lol. Cordless phones died too though.
    12-14-14 10:57 AM
    Starbucks sits on the board of PMA. Powermat, which is the standard that's pushed by PMA, has a data channel that allows for data collection from the phone that's being charged, and this data can then be used for marketing.

But don't let, you know...facts get in your way.
    I'm fully aware of that but the fact remains that it will be popular and simple to use. Thanks for the usual snaky remark instead of just having a civil conversation. You never disappoint.
    12-14-14 10:59 AM
    Just another gimmick.
    Well, if the rumors are true and AT&T versions of Passport and classic will have wireless charging then it�s a good gimmick to attract customers by their logic.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-14-14 11:06 AM
    Technically there were two metal pieces touching though. I would say the dock is probably in the middle of the two but still a good example. What would you have done in the past if your phone was in the dock with the battery almost dead and it rang? Wasn't that a similar situation as the one you pointed out earlier? Good conversation by the way and I appreciate you being civil about it.
    Edit: Sorry, thought you were talking about the BB dock, lol. Cordless phones died too though.
    In the past I only used the dock at night in bedside mode, if the battery died during the day I'd just slip in a fully charged one.

For the 9900 I had a charging dock in the car, smart charger which would automatically turn GPS, Bluetooth on, wifi off etc

What would you prefer, "wireless charging" or a removable battery back?

I know what I prefer.
    12-14-14 12:25 PM
    Well, if the rumors are true and AT&T versions of Passport and classic will have wireless charging then it�s a good gimmick to attract customers by their logic.

Posted via CB10
    That's a sure way to **** off potential customers on other networks don't you think?
    12-14-14 12:26 PM
    In the past I only used the dock at night in bedside mode, if the battery died during the day I'd just slip in a fully charged one.

For the 9900 I had a charging dock in the car, smart charger which would automatically turn GPS, Bluetooth on, wifi off etc

What would you prefer, "wireless charging" or a removable battery back?

I know what I prefer.
    Can I have both? I like options.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 12:57 PM
    That's a sure way to **** off potential customers on other networks don't you think?
    Absolutely!
    Especially in the countries where AT&T doesn't operate.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 01:53 PM
    Just another gimmick.

How's it a gimmick? I hope to get wireless charging so my micro-usb port doesn't get loose after all of the plugging and unplugging. And it's not like it's replacing the port, if you love the wire so much, then use it. The option of wireless charging is in no way harming you...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-14-14 04:06 PM
    Just another gimmick.

Then you haven't actually used it. I love having Touchstone docks in my office, my car and around the house. Just set it down and it starts charging. Especially in my car. Dock the phone and it wirelessly connects audio.

I'm willing to forego a band of LTE for wireless charging.
    12-15-14 09:13 AM
    Then you haven't actually used it. I love having Touchstone docks in my office, my car and around the house. Just set it down and it starts charging. Especially in my car. Dock the phone and it wirelessly connects audio.

I'm willing to forego a band of LTE for wireless charging.
    You speak as if that's something new when in reality it has been around for years.
    12-15-14 09:15 AM
    ShopBb + Canada + Telus = No wireless charging

:-(
    12-15-14 09:22 AM
    I use it and I like it. It does charge about 30% slower, but it's convenient because you don't have to keep plugging it in, you just pick it up and go. If I want a fast charge instead of a top off I just unplug the usb from the pad and plug it into the phone. I've had the usb jack break on many many devices so it's one less thing to worry about.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 09:30 AM
    I use it and I like it. It does charge about 30% slower, but it's convenient because you don't have to keep plugging it in, you just pick it up and go. If I want a fast charge instead of a top off I just unplug the usb from the pad and plug it into the phone. I've had the usb jack break on many many devices so it's one less thing to worry about.

Posted via CB10
    The Legacy charging points charges at normal speed, so I don't see how is this any better in any way.
    12-15-14 09:32 AM
    You speak as if that's something new when in reality it has been around for years.
    Well no, considering my Pre 3 is already 3 years old, and considering I started using it back in my original Pre in 2010, so it's definitely been around for years.

And yes, I know the cordless electric toothbrush. Was the 2G iPhone the new thing when it came out? No. PDA and smartphones long predate it. But the application in a certain system is new.
    12-15-14 09:41 AM
    Well no, considering my Pre 3 is already 3 years old, and considering I started using it back in my original Pre in 2010, so it's definitely been around for years.

And yes, I know the cordless electric toothbrush. Was the 2G iPhone the new thing when it came out? No. PDA and smartphones long predate it. But the application in a certain system is new.
    New it certainly is but not necessarily better, especially when it charges 30% slower.
    12-15-14 09:46 AM
    The Legacy charging points charges at normal speed, so I don't see how is this any better in any way.
    I am hoping for slower charging. Slower charging means less heat, means better for battery longevity. I don't need speed when I'm charging overnight while I sleep...

12-15-14 10:03 AM
    I am hoping for slower charging. Slower charging means less heat, means better for battery longevity. I don't need speed when I'm charging overnight while I sleep...

It gets hotter when using wireless than without.

I use it to top off my phone when I get home I set my car keys / phone down and usually go take a ****. It's just convenient not having to screw with the wire. If it rings or I go somewhere I just pick it up. My z30 gets like 13 hours anyway so when I get home from work I set it on there for like 10 minutes and I'm good for the rest of the night. When I go to bed I put it on a conventional charger.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 10:11 AM
    Right, so it takes 30% longer to charge and it also gets hotter.

Sooooo
    12-15-14 10:13 AM
    Right, so it takes 30% longer to charge and it also gets hotter.

Sooooo
    Yep. Some people have said their chargers are faster. My particular one is pretty slow, but like I said I don't use it to fully charge the phone I just use it as a top off.

I'm pretty sure the electromagnetic field generates the heat.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 10:37 AM
147 ... 23456